Welcome New Moderator

Discussion in 'Referee' started by MassachusettsRef, Aug 20, 2018.

1. MassachusettsRef

MassachusettsRef Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 MassachusettsRef, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    It has been some time since we've had change in the moderating personnel here, but today we get to start that clock again.

@IASocFan continues to serve as a forum moderator; I believe he's served in that role almost since he's joined the board, so while I'm coming up on nine long years in this role, he has me more than doubled.

@La Rikardo has been mostly absent for the forum for over a year and, as such, is willingly relinquishing his moderating responsibilities. He's had some big, positive changes in his life and just doesn't have the time to dedicate to this site. It all sounds so understandable and healthy, doesn't it? Anyway, whether you know him off this forum or not--and many of us have now been lucky enough to get to know him in person--I know you'll join me in thanking him for the time he has dedicated to this forum over the years.

The exciting and most important news is that @code1390 is joining the team as a moderator for the Referee forum. He has now been a long-time committed poster, typically has a cheery disposition, and is a quality contributor in all facets of refereeing discussion. He was a great help with the WC 2018 forum while I was traveling and this is a "promotion" that probably should have happened a long time ago. So, without further delay and almost no fanfare whatsoever, please welcome @code1390 as the newest moderator!

I'll be sticking around. For how long? I'm not sure. But having another moderator who will be as active as--and possibly more active than--me will make things a lot easier on me. I hope it also makes the forum more enjoyable for all participants.

colman1860, marks7mb, coreyrock and 24 others repped this.
  2. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't even remember when I started moderating. Now that I'm retired, I have been doing a lot of travelling. Congrats to @code1390 for joining the crew of moderators.
    I always appreciate the help.

dadman repped this.
  3. sulfur

sulfur Member+

Oct 22, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    What keeps it easier on the mods in general is always better for the groupthink.

dadman repped this.
  4. seattlebeach

seattlebeach Member

AFC Richmond
    May 11, 2015
    Not Seattle, Not Beach
    I saw the topic name and was hoping it would be @code1390. Thanks for stepping up!

dadman repped this.