Welcome Marco Reus

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by SirManchester, Jul 7, 2012.

1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just want to open this thread to officially welcome Marco and also to keep tabs on him in his first season at the club.

He has been phenomenal since his debut in the Bundesliga, improving every single season culminating in an arguably player of the season performance in 2011/2012. He is mature beyond his years and can play everywhere across the front-line. He is unique enough that he can give you the creative option as well as be the striker/last-man in a given formation. More importantly he can give Dortmund options that can possible see the team take another step in the right direction to become a competitive side in Europe.

Either way it will be interesting to see how Klopp treats him, integrates him and just how freedom he will give him. We are in store for quite the treat here. I can't wait.

[​IMG]

2. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    welcome home, son.

Really looking forward to Reus and Götze. And Perisic. And Lewandowski. And Hummels. And Piszczek. And... ah could this season please start now?

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Socks need more "bumble-bee" stripes... :)

4. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hate the stars. Looks terrible.

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thinking this will be line up. As predicted.

----------------------Lewandowski
    Grosskreutz-------------Reus--------------Goetze

--------------Bender/Gundogan----Kehl

Schmelzer----Hummels----Subotic------Piszczek

----------------------Weidenfellder

And the shape will be something like this with Reus, in attack.

--------------------------Reus
    --------------Lewandowski
    Grosskreutz--------------------------Goetze

6. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What does everyone think of his debut?

I think he was our best player. Looked lively, sharp and got back a lot. He still didn't look tired in the end. Neat finish and I love the idea of Lewandowski being able to drop back now which he really enjoys. We weren't able to do that because Kagawa wasn't entirely comfortable upfront by himself whereas Reus is.

7. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he was great. A true 90 minute player. Just imagine how he will look when playing alongside Gotze for a full game and he has become more integrated into the make-up of the team.

8. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2 games, 2 goals. I would not be surprised if he hits 20-25 goals this season.

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So the season comes to an end. Two matches remaining but what does everyone think of his season so far?

I think, not by too much, but he's been Dortmund's best player this season in terms of starting well, making it happen in big matches consistently and not really looking out of sorts. Lewandowski is close behind him but in terms of sheer consistency I think Reus has been stand out. And there is more to come from him.

10. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Lewandowski has been BVB's best player this season. Really in terms of consistency, I don't think there's been too much of a gulf between Lewandowski and Reus, Lewandowski has been setting records in terms of scoring in consecutive matches, and he turned in possibly the best performance of the 2012-13 CL yet vs Real Madrid. He's been the lynchpin of Dortmund this season and he not only scores a great deal of goals, he effortlessly combines and interchanges with Reus and Götze also. I think that Lewandowski, not Reus, has been BVB's strongest performer.

But that is not to take anything away from Reus, who has also been crucial to this BVB side. He fit into Klopp's system right from the start, and developed a special partnership with Götze that was deadly for the duration of its brief existence. I would say that he looked slightly less impressive than he did at Mönchengladbach, but that is natural, being that Dortmund is the bigger club and Favre built his team around Reus being the central figure, but nonetheless he is an excellent player who has the potential to be world-class with an exciting future for both BVB and the NT.

SirManchester repped this.
  11. Proch Jar

Proch Jar New Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Its unbelieable how quickly time runs

12. Batesey

Batesey New Member

Jul 15, 2016
    England
    Club: