Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We also passed up on Messi for Asensio.

Halycon repped this.
  2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cause the latter doesn't choke in UCL knockout ties

S1na, madridista_hr, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be fair they're both better than Hazard has ever been.

4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Man that's some misleading stats, you would think Asensio carried us to a CL three peat while every title Messi won was done riding coattails.

He was being played as a supersub and being asked to counterattack and run at tired defenses late in games against teams that were chasing goals.

Its a low pressure role that you simply can't build a team or strategies around, both Messi and Hazard would probably thrive in such a role but if your best players are on the bench for 70 minutes you could be in alot of trouble by that point.

5. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He performed excellently in his role part of a legendary team. If anything, he has been disappointing for not building on, or even keeping up, that level.

Anon., PigBenis, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  6. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Semi final against Bayern Munich a low pressure match?

Lyra repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be fair that injury threw him back like 8 months or so, but in my book he's a very memorable substitute/part time player. Scored some absurd goals.

Digital repped this.
  8. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I really like Asensio. Not quite starter level, but in a better team he would be a good option in many games.

Him and Lucas are similar, always running and working but because they aren’t world class people hate on them. It’s not their fault we haven’t got Mbappe, and I’m sure they would hit the bench as soon as we got a world class winger in. They came cheap and have always given their all, but people still give them shit.

Anon. repped this.
  9. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did you just compare Asensio to Lucas o_O

Asensio has nothing on any of our players when it comes to working hard. Our team always loses it's intensity when he gets subbed in (or Rodrygo for that matter)

Apart from goals here and there Asensio offers nothing our Castilla wingers don't offer

And which team would he be a starter in? This guy has said before that he doesn't want responsibility

His best position is the supersub position

DoughB repped this.
  10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope you don't mean in how they play because if you do I couldn't disagree with this more even if i tried, LV actually does work, runs nonstop from the start till the end of the game, up and down the flank whether he's right of the front three or RB, if he's having a good game or not, tackles, defends, try things when attacking that often don't come off but sometimes do,

Marco, complete opposite, as aimless as ever, not tackling, sometimes running alongside the opposing player to give the illusion he is but not really, tracking back now and again, timid in possession rarely taking anyone on or passing forwards, just does not work hard and fight when he's on the pitch, like chalk and cheese to me right now, at least that's what i see

DoughB, robnycus and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  11. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Whenever I watch, Asensio works very hard and runs a lot. I always liked that about his game. He will often fill in at fullback, and he is always on the move when midfielders are on the ball. He doesn’t score or assist as much as he should, but I never looked at him and thought he was slacking or hiding.

I agree he doesn’t take on players when he has the ball, but you watch how he tries to beat players. He always passes to a players feet and then makes a run trying to beat the player off the ball. That’s just his game.

He can rarely pass forward because he’s in a front three. He passes in to midfield and then runs in behind. If he was just say there and popping the ball off to hide, then I would get annoyed but he is always trying in his own way to move the team forward.

Anyway I know I’m in the minority on this but I like the player. In a different front three where there are plenty of goals from the other two, he would be a very useful player.

madridista_hr and Stiliyan repped this.
  12. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am on the same opinion. I also think that he always tried to move the ball forward.
    From my observation he would try passing opponents from the middle. Usually he attacks the space between the midfielders and defenders. But doesn't have the skills to take on defenders from the wing where he can't use his pace.
    We would thrive on a counter attacking team.

Umar repped this.
  13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I have never really associated Asensio with work rate. He's not very smart about his coverage and has had some pretty bad defensive lapses. He's nowhere near Lucas, Rodrygo, or Vinicius in that aspect, and that's kind of sad given the latter two are 19-20 year olds.

temesgen, J-Mezzy, PigBenis and 5 others repped this.
  14. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Asensio vs osasuna

83'
    Chances created 5(most)
    Passes 32/40
    Long balls 5/7
    Duels won 1/3
    Recovery 4
    Shots on Target 0/5

xG 0.2
    xA 0.33

15. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Goals 0
    Assist 0
    Bad crosses 1,000,000

Kroosinator, temesgen, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  16. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s so impactful and clinical as a sub. I don’t understand how he doesn’t have the same impact when he starts.

His accuracy when shooting is really good. He just doesn’t get or create those opportunities as much when he starts.

BjornH, Stiliyan and Lyra repped this.
  18. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    He's kinda slow for a wide player though. And can't really beat his man one on one. Young Isco was much better at that regard.
    Asensio's proper role is a supersub. It's just all our wide attackers suck, he's able to slide to starter role.

Anon., Lyra and Bear Crotch repped this.
  19. Maikhool

Maikhool New Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    May 9, 2021
    As I see it, he’s not a winger, he’s not a forward, he’s not a 10...

MAYBE he could be an 8...

20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Solskjær and Little Pea were liked that. Some pundits claimed that Sokskjaer studied the opponents very well while sitting on the bench. When he entered the field, he knew exactly what to do. I don't know it was all BS, but he did make to the highest level as a coach. He probably knew something while sitting down.

21. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    He's apparently up for sale with a bunch of others.

Digital repped this.
  22. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good news.

23. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    #1623 AppleBob86, May 20, 2021
    Last edited: May 20, 2021
    If we can get in the range of 30-40ME then we can't argue.

What I dont want, is loan with option to buy. Pointless.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I won't believe this miracle until I see him wearing another shirt.

Digital and Kroosinator repped this.
  25. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have been a big supporter of Asensio but he really disappointed this season was given so much opportunity and game time without producing anything.