Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    This really sucks. I hope he doesn’t miss the entire season. Hope he recovers fully and comes back stronger.

2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hes young, hes gonna be fine in a year and still a millionaire. Its not like he died, many people tear their ACLs. Its normal in football, and hes still getting paid millions. Also its not like he was such a special talent either so that his injury will deprive the world of football of some legendary future. Meanwhile the club lost a valuable asset. I'm sorry for him but more sorry for how this affects the club.

Marco25 repped this.
  3. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Damn, that sucks. Hope he gets better but I 100% think that this injury will be career defining. He probably won't reach the potential many had of him - similar to Jesé.

4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Meniscus also? Well shit.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If we're being honest he didn't seem like he was going to reach the hype anyways.

I'm sad he got injured; I hate injuries and know the amount of emotional and mental drain it causes. However that doesn't change the fact he has been inconsistent at best. The match was his best performance in forever and his calling card has been having a good one surrounded by nothingness.

Halycon, Anon. and Eddie repped this.
  6. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Damn shame. I hope he can recover from this.

7. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Eerily enough, when he first signed and picked up that #20 shirt, I always prayed he didn't have a similar fate to Jese. Those fears were pleasantly laid to rest after his first season (16/17) which was very promising with him having a big impact in the CL. Things quickly went south after...now this. I really hope he makes a quick and full recovery for the sake of his career.

8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sorry to hear this. It's an In jury that takes full years to recover from..

Luckily he is young enough so if he keeps.the right mindeet..he can survive it

9. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Obviously, I feel bad for Asensio getting a serious long-term injury and I wish him nothing but 100% recovery....

But let's not make revisionist history about Asensio being utterly rubbish last season, being outranked by likes of Lucas Vazquez & 18-year-old raw Vinicius. There's a time when people here believed Asensio would establish himself as one of Europe's best forwards & was even compared to Mbappé. Sadly, Asensio failed to live up those expectations.

hector_br repped this.
  10. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    RMC were saying it can be a light injury or actually something serious. We don't know.

But if it's severe, added to ACL, we will not hear from him again till next season.

Life is like that sometimes, he does an incredible shot on the post, he scores, then severely injures himself. Really bad luck.

Wishing him the best.

11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Considering damage to meniscus also, it probably indicates more serious tear.

12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

“I started the season with renewed hope, taking care of every detail to make sure it would be a great campaign. But when things are going well, life can hit you and everything changes.

It has been hard to process everything, but now I start a new challenge and still believe it will be a great season. Your messages of support have given me strength. I appreciate it from the heart.

Soon, we will see each other again”

madridista_hr, HZinho, -Reivax- and 4 others repped this.
  13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lyra, -Reivax-, BjornH and 2 others repped this.
  14. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What are your expectations of him? Do you think he's a possible future starter or?
    He had a terrible last season, 1 goal and 4 assists in 30 apps(19 starts).
    He reminds me of James and Isco a bit, players who are best at number 10 which we haven't used in years.

Perhaps a super sub?

15. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    People using last season as if it shows anything. Guess what. Everyone had a terrible season last season. So everyone looked horrible.

Drouchk repped this.
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Most likely. He has changed games in that role. I would count on him next season as well, but in a more limited role, sub out wide, as well as an option as the 4th midfielder because he does offer goals, and he offers a shot from the outside as well. I'd give him a shot under Zidane, who has gotten the best out of him.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I’m looking forward to his return personally, under Zidane he played a very important role before, scoring clutch goals, and given how Zidane has brought everyone back to their best version or close to it I can’t wait to see what he does with Marco, who is a player that thrives when the team is doing well.

petros93, Ssr9 and Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ZZ has never lost a final. Not even in FIFA.
    Thanks to Asensio. [emoji38]

19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  20. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the one player I'm curious about his return. I wonder if we will be able to see him play this season.

21. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's ready to play.

22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That ACL injury changed Asensio forever. It's so sad that so many young prospects with so much potential get unraveled by these injuries. First Jese, now Asensio. He was absolutely awesome to watch, but that injury really changed him in a negative way. He hasn't been nearly as good since that injury.

He works his tail off, but that's what we expect of all our young players. What really made him a standout was his scoring ability. He hasn't rediscovered his scoring form since that large downtime from injury.

23. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    He played 764 minutes since the injury and had no preseason vs easy opponents. Maybe it's not forever, his last 2 games were better than previous stretch.

btw. He had problems with his performances even before the injuy. He has to restore game fitness and discover himself as a first team player.
    His best performances were year before the injury, as super sub.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Jese as a promise was far more exciting than Asensio.

madridista_hr and RMrules repped this.
  25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't see how Asensio is that different from before his ACL injury. Same player.

He has a left foot that can produce a wonder goal randomly (not common). That is it.

RMrules, Deep Pal and MaxY repped this.