Welcome Marco Asensio

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid00, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    What he did at Espanyol is irrelevant to me (restated)
    He’s become worse .. Fact

If you feel offended because I don't rate Asensio and said he has low IQ for his role.. then just say so .. you seem to have taken this personal and cannot move on.
    His lack of goals to me is just the cherry on top for him to go from bad to worse.

Not everyone has to overrate our players..
    Most posters here have already acknowledged to have done just that with Asensio and have admitted they were wrong about him.
    You probably cannot accept it or are in denial or trolling.
    There is no point in naming players when you think Asensio is better than Vinicious and Shaqiri...what is that gonna do? is not gonna do nothing to me, so why am I going to even bother to extend this discussion and bring more players. I already told you the teams and you can pick one for yourself.

When it comes to rating players you are the least person here who i have an appetite to engage in a discussion with. We both see things completely different and its become evident in our discussions regarding Bale so why even go there again with every single player vs player discussion.

You also think Hazard is not better than Isco.. And said so here.. when someone has these opinions there is nothing someone can say anymore and people can draw their own conclusions.

Lyra, TotaalVoetbal and Kroosinator repped this.
  2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #1452 robnycus, Jun 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    How?
    There are no goal posts to move when discussing Asensio because in every criteria anyone choses to rate him he’s been only average/below average.

If you follow a discussion on these forums when someome says something people react or reply to that post, so you say things relevant to that post..
    I dont see how is that moving the goal posts.
    If you really want to know my opinion on Asensio go back a few pages in the thread to my original post about him

TotaalVoetbal and Kroosinator repped this.
  3. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    llol, water is wet, football is a game of 11 against 11, 1+1=2.

Asensio shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the Brazilian. At 18 years old he is already better, much much better. Asensio being 5 years older.

TotaalVoetbal repped this.
  4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    It is not just about Asensio. You do this shit all the time. Non-Stop false data, false equivalence, fallacies, contradictions, straw-men, red herrings,..etc...

5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    It seems like you want to disagree just for the hell of it or because its me but not because of what I am saying.

6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    You are doing it again.

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    If you have nothing to say about this subject why are you even reading and critiquing ?
    What are you trying to gain from attacking a poster instead of the message?

8. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    You present goal scoring or x/y as metric for who is better argument. Then you get schooled in terms of data and your usual false equivalence, etc... Then you proceed to your typical straw-men such as "I don`t care how he was in previous club - it was shit club...etc..." In next moment, when it fits your narrative, you claim the opposite. Meaning you contradict yourself. When you are again schooled you proceed to:"you know nothing about football" and other red-herrings.

And for the irony. Asensio has drastically fallen in my eyes and i would sell him in a second in case of substantial offer. And if club would be willing to put him on display there would be substantial interest. Klopp would be one of them and would instantly replace Shaqiri - for which you claim he is a better player, with Asensio. Why he is not better player than Asensio, because Asensio is better technically and tactically.

9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #1459 robnycus, Jun 1, 2019
    When did I present his goal tally to demonstrate he was worse Than? I don't even know who you are referring to..you are not paying attention it seems.

I did not even know how many goals Shaqiri had scored, to me based on what I’ve seen from both he is a better player.. goals was not the reason.

When have i ever Used a player was great in Espayol or alaves to argue he is a good player based on that? - quote pls. - where is the contradiction?

The one who is making shit up here is you.. and tons of it.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vinicius has tons of potential but go back to 3 years ago and so did Asensio. Vinicius is a top shelf talent, the guy just made it about Vinicius because he said there are "tons of better players you can buy for 40 mil. to replace Asensio with" and has barely mentioned a single one of them.

I keep repeating over and over who this substitute players are that we'd buy for 40 mil that are better but, nothing comes back.

Mahrez costs and earns a fortune for example. I know he'd be better, but the overall cost of the move is of a player that would be starting for us.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
  12. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nobody heard of Asensio when he was 18, still playing in the second division.

Meanwhile, VJR was Real Madrid's only highlight of the season at 18 years old.

Two years ago I made a comment about Asensio that he'd probably never get world class, he started playing football too late. He was playing tennis and switched at 12 years old or some. I was actually shocked when I heard him saying that, it was after his best season. He doesn't enjoy, play for the game. VJR is not comparable, not in work ethic, not in talent, not in everything. When you watch and hear VJR you know he's going to become one of the best.

Asensio is ok with being on the bench, playing for Valencia or some in a few years, he's ok with that. He is 'only' 23, others should carry the team, he has no responsibility (his own words)

Lyra repped this.
  13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Switched from tennis to football at 12 wow..
    That explains why he is so clueless on the pitch most of the time.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1464 4x4s, Jun 1, 2019
    Asensio started at age 5 playing for C. F. Playas de Calvià, switched to the Espanyol youth teams at 9 years old, and joined Mallorca, giving his professional debut for them a 17 years old.

Captain gullible and the gang still fall for that stick about him not being a football player.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Reivax-, Eddie and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  15. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll search for that interview after the game.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I remember hearing it somewhere as well, but he played football since 5 years old. If he played tennis along with that, it's not unusual. Plenty of young athletes play multiple sports when they are growing up. Some of them still do (football & golf :ROFLMAO:)

RMSocrates, Kroosinator and Forcamadrid2 repped this.
  17. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True, its not unusual, but its the interview combined with the comments he made, suggests that he doesn't take football seriously (others should take responsibility bla bla). Or at least doesn't have the mentality to reach that world class level we all thought he'd get.

18. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure why anyone's trying to die on the Asensio > Vinicius hill right now.

Hot take

19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure what the point is to argue over this stuff?

20. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Neither players are going to get a lot of minutes next season so not sure what's the fight for...

21. TumE

TumE Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1471 TumE, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    You also think that Pogba would improve us without even knowing what position he plays..... You think that Shaqiri is better than Asensio. Yes people can draw their own conclusions indeed.

There is overrating our own players and then there is overrating other teams players you have barely seen play. It works both ways.

And If anyone thinks that any player that plays for ANY team on top 5 leagues(That could probably Be expanded to top 20 easily and most likely could be stretched to Any Pro player anywhere) let alone made it to Spanish NT started playing football at age 12.... I really dont know what to tell you. Not even in a obscure team sport like hockey you are able to go pro or anywhere you close If you start that late. Technical progression just doesnt work like that. This is not bodybuilding we are talking about here.

22. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Young players are entitled to have one poor season. It's when they have two or three that you need to consider selling.

I still really like Asensio, the guy has shown that he belongs on pitches against teams such as Bayern, Barca, Juve etc.

If he's poor next year his position will be difficult, but we are really talking about getting rid of a good young squad player because of one poor season where the whole squad apart from Benzema has been below par?

If the guy is demanding first team wages whilst being a squad player, or running down his contract, I can understand considering selling now, but if he moves elsewhere for cheap (and if he goes in the summer he will be sold from a position of weakness) and it turns out this season was a blip, the club will regret it.

-Reivax- and RMSocrates repped this.
  23. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’m really torn with Asensio. There’s obviously the hammer of a left foot. And I’ve rarely seen a player so consistently successful at picking out the right cutback pass into the box and finding teammates in a crowd. But other than that he’s never really passed the eye test for me — I’ve never seen someone I thought could be a future balon winner like some others have. But for the reasons you mention I’m also reluctant to just cut him loose in any sort of cut rate deal. I don’t want to be Chelski getting rid of de Bruyne/Salah!

24. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sometimes players have to leave to progress. It's not a worthwhile policy to ruin players to prevent success elsewhere.

And this Asensio's third season at the club. He got off to a hot start, disappeared for several months then finished strong in his first season. He continued to be a bench/role player, hot and cold his second season. And in his third season (fifth as a pro) he even regressed when given much more leash.

I dont see it happening.

I think this would explain a lot of what we see with the kid.

Really isn't his passion and delayed development.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There are pictures of him playing as a child three posts above yours.

Ahmadi8 repped this.