Goodbye Jose Mourinho - Make Portugal Silent Again

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Henchag, May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Of course ther wasnt much options for him at this moment. England is probably over for him. If hes been promised signings then Roma will be competitive again. Jose is far from finished but he needs players with the mentality of men and not babies. He has his work cut out here but this is a big move from Roma management. Dan seems a straight forward no bullshit guy. If hes promised Jose money then he doesnt seem the type of guy to mess around. Hes been in Rome for months and hes figured out who's useful to keep around and who's a turd happy for a paycheque in the business side.

2. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ok, so we got Mourinho. Needless to say, I'm well intrigued to see how this all pans out.

I know it's tempting to think that, because of this appointment, a bit of a splash on the transfer market will surely follow. I'd suggest we shouldn't hold our breath on that one too much. We'll see. There are a lot of leaks with this current squad, but a couple of key moves could prove enough to paper over the cracks, in the short term.

I'm fascinated to see what happens here.

Andreas, giallorosso86 and La Magica repped this.
  3. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Do they make those anymore?

La Magica repped this.
  4. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or even better, creating multiple accounts on a soccer forum for three times the learning.

wm72, ErPupone, Deand21594 and 5 others repped this.
  5. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    What have you got against learning? If I were you I'd take every opportunity I get.

6. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    So Jose 7.5m is getting net and Tottenham will be contributing 9m to him (lol). For reference Fonseca made 2.5m

7. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    ^ His agent knows how to rake it in.

8. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Mourinho is box office. Hold on to your hat and keep a diary.

giallorosso86 and La Magica repped this.
  9. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
  10. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    He's milking his brand, and why wouldn't he? Like Ronaldo he ain't here to win anything anytime soon, but he's going to bring more eyes to the club and help promote the league and pressers will be great again.

11. Rellum

Rellum Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Brisbane
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    What????? This is a random thing to wake up to.

Mourinho might be able to handle Rome but his negative tactics will not. I am not convinced he can connect to the players and I am not sure he can draw players like he used to.

Hopefully he at least helps us fill out the club with more top end talent and the current guys who survive mostly make up a second 11 in three years time. Cannot see that happening.

12. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Why? I can watch the best episodes of that show in seasons 1-6. The writers have run out of content and ideas are stifling these days. Which star does he brawl with first?

That is, assuming, Friedkin buys him at least one, ya?

13. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    What? Where did this Random but reasonable assessment come from in the giant wake of the cheers of Scudetto clinching dreams?

14. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    He's a character for sure. I still think he can draw in some good players, but we are talking mostly older guys looking for one last hurrah or players who have been overlooked at top clubs. Given the success of EPL wantaways at Inter like Lukaku and Ericksen as they won the scudetto, maybe he will bring in players who can make that difference but whose talents go unappreciated in England. Someone like Lingard who has worked wonders since his loan move to West Ham comes to mind. He and Mourinho got along very well at United.

15. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    giallorosso86, Oban14, whill4 and 3 others repped this.
  16. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
  17. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
    La Magica repped this.
  18. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope he adopts the 4-3-1-2 in attack. I want to see a true trequartista like Deco was at Porto.

I think he will go 4-2-3-1 though. Spinazzola-Mancini-Smalling-Karsdorp

19. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Hiring both De Rossi and Samuel would be smart moves. They'll almost guarantee that snow flake player mutiny won't be in the cards when the going gets rough, like Ancelotti faced at Napoli, and Mou with Pogba.

Jose is always thinking

[​IMG]

Andreas repped this.
  20. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Beasts like Samuel and DDR being linked to Roma again....I don't care in what capacity, just hook that shit to my veins please.

However, probably just part of the plethora of bullshit links we are gonna read about for awhile. (Although the thought of a possible DDR return had crossed my mind already.)

La Magica repped this.
  21. giallorosso86

giallorosso86 Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    This would mean a lot to DDR if he plans to start his coaching career in the future. Who wouldn't want to work and learn from the special one himself?

La Magica repped this.
  22. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least Mourinho's Roma won't be conceding 50+ goals.

He has an immediate positive effect on teams, but it wears off with time.

The Verv repped this.
  23. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    He's a glorified better self promoting Ranieri that gets real money to spend which is the biggest trick in his bag. Let's see if Friedkin gives it to him.

It would be nice to see 4 or 5 teams competing for Scudetto if they give it up.

If not, by January he'll start moaning.

24. Villar14

Villar14 Red Card

Dec 15, 2020
  25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Forza José Mourinho!

Forza AS Roma!

Festa em Santa Clara e Santa Clara Street na I.E.S. Hall & Five Wounds Church!

Viva Portugal!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]