Goodbye Jose Mourinho - Make Portugal Silent Again

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Henchag, May 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I mean, this news really makes it seem like the Friedkins want to spend money... Mourinho has got to be on a nice contract

2. giallorosso86

giallorosso86 Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    I bet Mikhitarian and Smalling are excited to work again with Mourinho.

[​IMG]

The Verv repped this.
  3. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This is the first ambitious coach with the credentials to back them we've had in my career as a Roma fan of nearly 21 years.

We were always solving riddles with our coaches, whether they'll work well or not, some did, many didn't.

This feels huge. I don't expect anything crazy in terms of immediate results or big moves in the market, but a f&cking long-term strategy made by someone who knows what he's doing would be a breath of fresh air that hasn't graced Trigoria in ages.

More Eenoh, Andreas and La Magica repped this.
  4. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Shocked to be honest. Never thought in a million years Jose would manage another team in Italy that wasn’t Inter.

Mixed feelings - hasn’t really won anything since 16/17 and seemed to lose his way slightly at Spurs. Like us, had an embarrassing exit from the EL this season.

Loads of positives though. Great man management skills - hopefully he can breathe life and confidence into players like Pellegrini, Villar and Ibanez. I can definitely see players like Mancini and Karsdorp progressing to the next level under his tutelage.

One of the major factors will be player pulling power - the amount of players who will want to play for us should increase tenfold. It’s good to see us finally showing ambition with this appointment. As mentioned - we finally have a manager who knows how to execute proper game management. Close out games, win 1-0 and park the bus. Something we’ve not seen properly since….arguably Capello or Ranieri’s first stint.

We say this every year but the next transfer window could be massive and show us the Friedkin’s true hopes and ambitions. Appointing Jose with this current squad is nowhere enough, there’s still a shitload of work to do. Good luck Jose!

Andreas, La Magica, whill4 and 2 others repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Portuguese comminuty in my city is going crazy about this!

Viva Portugal!

[​IMG]

6. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Yup. And all his tricks are known by now. He'll have a little bit of fun with the media who don't bite and go with it like they did in England and then the honeymoon with be over and he'll say the owners never got him his players but he'll, at least, walk away with a lot of money. The pressers will have a bit more color at least.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  7. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    #32 The Verv, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Mourinho taking this job smells like a "well that's the best there is out there, I'll take it...I'm ready to retire and become a pundit in a few years anyway...besides I always wanted to live in Rome for a while!"

Correct. Unfortunately most fans are nostalgic and it takes them years to catch up. What you described is the new normal when it comes to Jose. He's great at self promotion as I said above and hence still in the show.

8. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Like waving flags and honking horn crazy?

falvo repped this.
  9. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The moderators are sleeping on an ugly fat troll. :thumbsup:

10. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Yeah, I bet Pogba is thinking "I just can't wait to go back to Italy, I'll win Jose's favor by trodding on the pitch half assedly in the next game against Roma to show where my loyalty lies!"

What I love about Jose the most?

He's as good at self promotion as Trump is.

If Friedkin is smart he'll get a bunch of Make rOma Great Again (MORA...rearranged it spells ROMA...so clever!!!) caps printed asap. I know I'll buy one right away!

More Eenoh repped this.
  11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Three clubs, (PAC) Portuguese Athletic Club , Santa Clara Sporting and Club Do Benfica in San Jose all have their picture of Jose in their windows.

Its pretty cool!

12. Capitano_10

Capitano_10 Member+

Apr 18, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Are you ok? Do you need professional help?

More Eenoh and whill4 repped this.
  13. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Ever done a selfie in front of them?

14. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Can Mourinho rescue me too, is that what you're thinking?

Oh ya. Love the guy. Great showman.

More Eenoh repped this.
  15. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  16. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the ********, lol. I was planning to just take a break until most of this squad had been shipped off to Turkey, but the off the field entertainment is going to be way too good.

I’m expecting him to have a lot more power here than at Spurs. Spurs were never going to axe half their squad if they didn’t get on with Mourinho. Where as here, no one is safe right now. There’s no Totti or De Rossi or any untouchables left. Considering the length of his contract and what his salary is likely to be, he’s going to have a massive influence in how the squad shapes up.

Also if anyone hasn’t watched the Amazon series following his Spurs, it’s fantastic.

17. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    I honestly love it when I can learn about soccer from Prime Amazon, or even Netflix.

La Magica and LordNelson repped this.
  18. TheFerryBoat

TheFerryBoat Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ok boomer... you're either a hater or a retarded fan. If you are the latter then stfu and for once enjoy Roma having a good coach.

19. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Pretty hateful message yourself. If I'm a boomer, Moumou is my peer. What part of pointing out Mourinho's last 3 failures makes me a hater, and has got your panties in a knot?

20. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Some managers know what to say that will cut egos down to size but also blow them way up. They know what can hurt, what can inspire, and ultimately keep standards high. Mourinho knows how to play with minds and that's always been his biggest asset.

Lately it isn't working for him. Many of the criticisms he makes of his players and rival managers in the media make it look like he's masking his own insecurities. He has fallen out with too many players because he has rubbed them all the wrong way. He's losing his touch.

shiboboo and The Verv repped this.
  21. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    #46 The Verv, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
    His past due date was circa 2016/17. He started losing the ears of the new "me" generation in charge, like Ancelotti did.

At least he'll be good for a shake up or two and for a few pressers (remember the first time around the media didn't bite much then, and that annoyed him) but it appears that most people here need something to grasp onto to give them hope. It's just a shame that it's always a new shiney object and I think Mourinho is the latest and maybe one of the most shiney of the last few.

I just fear for the next let down, it might be too much for some of these sensitive fans in here to handle.

Bizubani repped this.
  22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  23. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Deand21594 repped this.
  24. The Verv

The Verv Member

Aug 19, 2020
    That's one handsome man. I hope that the jersey for 2021 is as handsome.

25. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To be honest, I would have been more thrilled if I had woken up this morning, reading that the contracts from Pastore and Dzeko had been rescinded.

He has sucked for sometime , although Man Utd is a wanker club from top to bottom, but his history proves he is a winner.

At least, finally at last ! We have a coach who knows something about football. At the end of the day, it won't be about him, if he is successful, it will be about what squad he is given. At the moment not even Mourihno can save it.