weight loss

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by redalert101, Apr 17, 2004.

1. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    Im not overweight as a person but as a player i could lose a little weight. is there any way to lose weight and diet without cutting down on carbs or losing muscle mass in the process? also does your weight have anything to do with your speed.

2. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    it's pretty hard to play a cardio intensive sport like soccer, while losing weight without sacrificing performance. You need carbs for energy straight up

and yes wieght has tons to do with your speed.

think about it this way, a 2000 lbs car with 200 hp will be slower then a 1500 lbs car with 175 hp (assuming same gearing etc)

3. achyx

achyx New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    UK
    one quick and easy way to weight loss is just watch waht you eat.. cutting down in soft drinks and chocs and stuff helps.. also, try swimming maybe everyday for an hour or so.. i did that and lost 15 kg :D

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    healthy cereal (raisin bran, banana nut crunch, granola) for breakfast, tuna sandwiches on wheat for lunch, salad with tuna for dinner, cereal or fruit for snacks

watch what dressing you use on the sandwich (kraft free mayo is tasty) and salad (try seet and sour dressing) - repeat as necessary

5. smith07

smith07 New Member

Mar 26, 2004
    eat your carbs earlier in the day and make sure they are complex carbohydrates... watch sugar and weight does make a differernence i know because i am trying to shed it to

6. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I would advise to eat a diet consisting of lean protein, moderate carbs and good fats(ie. unsaturated). Cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach...add some weight training to your program and you should be good to go. If you want to minimize muscle loss, make sure u are getting an adequate amount of protein.

7. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    i do weight training mostly on my total gym everyday. upper dfay 1 3 5 lower 2 4 6 rest 7. I am also starting to run. I get what ur saying about weight being related to speed but everyone keeps saying speed cant really be made it is in ur genes and what kind of musle fibers u had. thats why i asked. so even if u have good genes and the right mucle fibers ur still slower if your heavier?

8. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm not too sure on this but that sounds like a bit of an excuse that someone made someday.

9. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    it's true, genetically you are born with only so many twitch fibers...but the one thing you can do is increase the size of them which can make you faster.

Unneccessary weight will slow you down/limit your vertical in any instance.

10. GreenDay

GreenDay New Member

Sep 15, 2001
    Estonia
    I've lost about 15 kg compared to my worst days. What helped me was something my coach recommended - only eat fruit or vegetables after 6 pm. Your stomach won't be emptly but you'll lose fat pretty fast. If you keep training you shouldn't worry about losing muscles. I still have 5 kg to go to achieve my ideal weight. Every time I lose a kg or two I totally see that I'm getting faster. Useless fat will slow you down.

11. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    i'd recommend vegetables > fruit, there is quite a bit of sugar in fruit that will effectively

read this
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81315

12. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Im probably of no use because im underweight for my age but jus eat healthy healthy food, dont fall for all that less than 5% fat rubbish just stick to nice cooked meals like sheperds pie, pasta dishes etc and drink water rather than carbonated soft drinks

13. DeRoDeRo

DeRoDeRo New Member

Jan 9, 2002
    HalfMoonBay
    You also have a bunch of fibers that can be converted into either. You are born with a genetic limit, but all of us can improve our speed with training. You also can influence your body's susceptibility to fatigue, which wreaks havoc on your speed, and on your finishing. In my case it seems to hurt my finishing first, as was demonstrated clearly to all yesterday. Thankfully I finally beat the keeper, who had stoned me three times, with a sweet diving header. Take that bast@rd. My legs were dead, but not my head!

14. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Weight loss is simply taking in less calories than you use in exercise. It doesn't really matter what form you take those calories. The problem with fats is that they contain about twice as many calories per weight than proteins or sugars.

One thing I do is not to eat anything with partially-hydrogenated fats in it. This is a good trick because pretty much all cookies, candies, and high-fat prepared foods contain them. Also, trans-fats aren’t really good for you health wise.

15. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    are there any soccer eating plans on the internet ????

16. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
  17. Maria280090

Maria280090 New Member

Nov 11, 2021
    My friends suggest me to use
    Night Slim Pro for weight loss
    They said it's best
    Can I use this ?