Weekly Friday Post

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Mayor Bloomberg, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Mayor Bloomberg

Mayor Bloomberg New Member

Hello citizens of this great city, it's me again, Mayor Mike. I know you were all glued to your television sets last weekend as I was. The NYC marathon is great!

Today I'd like to talk to you all about Inspiration. I heard from the bus boy at a local ethnic restaurant that your... I mean <i>our</i> MetroStars FC lost their first playoff game and there was some questionable conduct by a player after the match. Well, if his name happens to be Martinez by any chance, I say throw him in jail!

But you Metrostars fans shouldn't be so worried. There are at least 3 games left in this series right? It reminds of when I was up for election and people all said no one would vote for a nerd. Well we showed them!

Back to Inspiration. As I sat and watched, I couldn't beleive what my own eyes were seeing. There he was, P. Diddy, running the marathon. I said to myself, "Mayor, gosh darn it, if he can do it, so can you." So I would like to formally announce that I will begin training today in order to make the Metrostars roster. My aids tell me I could step on the field today, that I'm already better than some guys on the team. What were their names... ah yeah, Moreyno, DeMartino, Dick Williamson and a few others. I'm not sure who those guys are, but to be safe I'll wait untill next season to start playing. Unless the folks at Metrostars really want to me to play this sunday.

I would also like to take this opportunity to report that there were no shootings in or around the general vicinity of City Hall this week.

Thank you and lets all go out and have some fun this weekend! I'm going to go run around Central Park a few times.

Sincerely,
    Mayor Mike

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Hey Mr. Mayor.... I have a question for ya.... any chance of a MLS expansion team coming to NYC proper? Also do you have any words of wisdom to cheer up our dear old Cleetus?

3. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was just pissed off because he can't smoke in Manhattan anymore, never you mind...

4. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I think MLS should get in touch with Los Pumas and talk them into financing a futbol squad in Brooklyn.

The Brooklyn Panthers!!

And when the Neo-Cosmos are reconstituted (with Michael Bloomberg as owner), we'll have three clubs in the area. A Mexican one, an International one, and the Metro-Americans. (Wouldn't that be a great name change!)

5. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Mr. Mayor. Actually Let's call you Marion Barry since your from DC.

YOU SMOKE CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!