Weekend Results [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by 352gialloblu, Sep 27, 2003.

1. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Since we have the weekend off, I thought we should have a thread to comment on the way the rest of MLS is going.

And after DC beating the Metros on Thursday, the weekend looks very interesting. Poor old Bob.

As of Halftime, we have:

Galaxy 1-0 KC: Well, Ruiz isn't playing, for some reason, but Moreno scores in the 5th minute and Fat Tony does look awful. K.C. fight back with a scrappy goal. Neither of these sides is that good.

San Jose 4-2 Dallas: San Jose didn't waste any time, and suddenly we had 4 goals! WTF happened and why was I watching the other game! Darn MLSnet not updating and letting me know! Of course, I can always watch it again. Huzzah for Yahoo. Donovan's 2nd was a pretty counter. They are impressive...

Sunday we have:
    DC - Metros: Part 2. Should be great, I gotta see this.

Revs - Columbus: The last playoff spot dogfight should be tense. We'll play one of them in the first round, most probably, and we haven't done too well against either this year.

2. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The announcer just said that Dallas started 11 different guys tonight than they did on opening day.

Today: Cassar; Hendrickson, Dunseth, Thomas, Beinkhe; Davis, Pareja, Stone; Curtis, Nhleko, Johnson.

1st Match: Countess; Broome, Morrow, Suarez, Bonseu; O'Brien, Deering, Vaca, Martinez; Kreis, Rhine

Impressive.

He also just called the Fire are "Route One" team as the reason we couldn't score and SJ has three easy ones so far...

3. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Now 5-2 in SJ. DeRo with a hat trick and LD with 2/3 of one. Cassar is letting in more than he's keeping out.

In Carson, Klein just put his second past fat tony. Yes!

4. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think you mean Kevin Hartman, not Fat Tony. I thought they were going to get womped after the first goal, but they came back strong. As I said, neither team looks that good.

But San Jose look very dangerous. Yeah, Dallas sucks, but they tore them apart. They had trouble with the fast Burn forwards, though. It looked like a fun game to watch--I'll have to watch it later...

The big matches are tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

5. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    So, if the Crew win, we clinch. Right?

6. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Uhhh, yeah. Not sure what I was thinking. Probably wanting someone to put another past fat tony. But still wanting the gals to lose. Aren't brain farts wonderful. :)

7. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    1-1 in the first match, and Bradley gets his players to respond well. Looks like they'll meet again in the playoffs, which should make for a great pair of games. I think the Bob will see the Metros through, though.

The second match went to OT and ended 3-2. Very exciting stuff near the end. We should be able to beat either of them, though. Seemed like a relegation dogfight, really. The Crew have now lost three OT matches this season, without a OT win.

Lots of yellows in both matches, though the refereeing wasn't so hot...

8. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Misconduct Summary:
    MET -- Eddie Pope (caution; Reckless Foul) 5
    DC -- Mike Petke (caution; Pushing, Holding) 10
    MET -- Richie Williams (caution; Reckless Foul) 29
    DC -- Brandon Prideaux (caution; Reckless Foul) 32
    MET -- Steve Jolley (caution; Pushing, Holding) 39
    DC -- Ryan Nelsen (caution; Pushing, Holding) 39
    MET -- Clint Mathis (caution; Reckless Foul) 41
    DC -- Dema Kovalenko (caution; Pushing, Holding) 48
    MET -- Ricardo Clark (caution; Tackle from Behind) 49
    MET -- Clint Mathis (caution; Reckless Foul) 87
    MET -- Clint Mathis (ejection; Second Caution) 87
    DC -- Galin Ivanov (caution; Reckless Foul) 89
    MET -- Jonny Walker (caution; Delaying a Restart) 99

Referee: Michael Kennedy

9. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    heh heh heh

10. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    All of them are bragging about a near fight too....this is great!! Poseurs to the core, both of them. Not to mention idiots.

11. Confused. Route One? Please explain.

12. codefive

codefive New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Brighton, UK
    Route one: hitting the forwards early with long balls from the back.

Nothing wrong with it, whatever the purists would have you believe.