Week 8 Matches

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Danks81, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Well I get my 2nd walkover against the #8 team, this time at home. So DCUnited can look forward to playing my starters in the BS Cup.

:D

2. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of walkovers, the Dominican Rep. top leagues has four teams that get walked over each week. :eek:

3. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    I'll be losing tonight.........

4. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

New team should be an easy win. Hopefully no injuries and loads of goals for me.

5. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm playing the #8 team in my league. I beat them 4-0 away last week. I'm PIC this week.

6. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Odd, I had chosen a 3-5-2 formation, but instead I get told I choose a 4-4-2.

On the other hand I like this message: At the beginning of the game, Knights appeared to already have taken this victory to the bank. :D

7. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    Should make for an interesting match since that comment usually means you're gonna lose..........

8. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Took an early 2-0 lead, but the suppoprters are staying away this week. The newest guy in my league is down 1-0 and has already lost two players to injury. That's tough.

Another new guy is playing the strategic 3-4-2 formation. He is playing a team that the owner has logged in 4 weeks and is losing. :rolleyes:

9. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Up 3-nil with halftime appraoching plus it is a new team I'm playing against.

10. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    41 minutes in. No goals yet. Want win #8.

11. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    A new team is what made it interesting..........well, until you started scoring. A friend of mine is in the same spot as you, and leads 3-0.

:)

I'm down 3-0, I think.

12. djwalker

djwalker BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First match in the history of Real FC Edmond City United. Down 2-0 at the half.

Better than I expected, frankly. We shall see if that one week of stamina training pays off.

HA!

edited to say: hey, I got 6500 fans in a 7000 seat stadium. Not bad for the first home game, right?

13. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home match against DBQ United.

Up 1:0 at the half with 53% posession rate and 3 missed chances. I'm loving the fact that my team is making shots on goal like they're going out of style, but no one can finish!

It's raining out, so I had just shy of 10,000 fans. If it was a sunny day I might have sold out. :(

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey I played him in a friendly a long time ago back in season 19. He beat me, not too surprising since I sucked back then.

I'm up 2-1 at the half, with 62% possession. I'm being CA'd which is kinda interesting, cause he pressed me last week, but changed it up this week, I really need the win, especially with my mutal PIC match next week

15. YankeeHoo

YankeeHoo New Member

Aug 10, 2004
    NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thought i may have a struggle in the return match this week, was tied 1-1 at the half, but 2 quick goals after the break have me sittin pretty comfy, 3-1 up.

16. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    The organization of my opponent dropped the last half, and looks like they weren't able to get their organization any higher after the half. I guess they haven't run the 3-5-2 in a while, and it just dropped again to inadequte.

Not to get a big head here, but this is why you run rarely used formations in a friendly before a league match...

17. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    Down 6-0............

Man, I knew I'd lose, but ouch! I'm PICing since next week is very important, but I'd hope to at least get a single scoring chance before it's all said and done. Confidence is gonna plummet.

18. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Up 5-nil. Need a few more goals though. Oh yeah a 3-nil they supposely dropped back to play more defensive.

19. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Check that 6-nil.

20. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still up 2-0 but giving up some chances to the other team. I had 77% poss, at half but it will be intresting to see how that stat ends up.

21. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    They missed their only shot on goal at about the 76th minute. If we can just get one more goal I'd be able to relax...

YES! YES! 80th minute up 2-0. The team pulls back to defend a 2 goal lead..

22. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    7-nil and two players on the verge of a hat trick.

23. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Spoke too soon, 8-nil with 3 minutes left. Just injuried another player from the other team.

24. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OH NO my best player just got a knee injury. :(

25. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Well..they put a goal up on me. 1 minute left. One of my midfielders took out one of their wingers in retaliation..

Fulltime:
    Win 2:1
    Posession 53%/55% 1st half/2nd half

6 shots on goal
    2 goals
    4 misses
    2 yellow cards

*sings* And 3 points in the leauge for meeee! o/~