Week 6 Pre/In/Post (6/22-26)

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by SiberianThunderT, Jun 20, 2021.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    And unlike the the first two games of the day, all three currently-running games are in the home teams' favors! Also, I love that all three are Table Chaos results :p:D

blissett repped this.
  2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #27 SiberianThunderT, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Also, did you want goals? WE HAVE GOALS. 11 so far from 5 games (2 ongoing)

Klingo3034 repped this.
  3. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Sadly the results are not in my favor so far.

4. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If current scores stand, 4 of the 5 matches will be for Table Chaos, so I'm definitely happy X-D

5. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    This is like stock investing too unpredictable and no indicators.

6. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    DC would not let chaos rule the day, scoring two late to come from behind and spoil KC's attempt at their first win... By possession numbers and pass accuracy, seems like a fair result

Klingo3034 repped this.
  7. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Happy to see Washington win! Now it’s 2 out of 5 right.

8. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Was watching Orlando vs Houston, Orlando shouldn't have that goal that Jane Campbell allowed. What the heck was she doing? Lost her surroundings by going into the net instead of staying on her line? I would not take her for the Olympics if possible.

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I call this the curse of Lyon, where Uber players seem to have lost their mojo after joining that particular club. Main probable reason; you combine an bunch of superstars & yet most of the time have no real competition(most of the French league are part amateurs),

hot the feeling this is going to happen to Macario(if she continues to stay at Lyon)

10. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well, if there's any consolation for KC, it's that the don't have the worst start in NWSL history yet. The 2018 Sky Blue season that infamously didn't include a win until the final game of the season also had only one draw through their first nine games, and didn't get their third draw until game 12. KC currently has two draws through their first eight.

West Ender, CoachJon and blissett repped this.
  11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hi.

I assume you're from England as anyone from North America wouldn't make the mistake you had unless they're euro-posing.

You see, "Kansas" is 1) a state, 2) a university (with its own sports teams), and 3) a classic rock and roll band.

In a soccer context, "Kansas" would imply the "Kansas Jayhawks" an NCAA Division I team playing in the Big XII. Several Kansas players have gone on to play professionally. Louisville's Addisyn Merrick is a recent one. Both FCKC and the as-yet formally named NWSL Kansas City team have also had them down-roster.

Which gets us to "Kansas City".

While in England, you find "City" as an add-on to place names, (Manchester City vs Manchester United - both in the city of Manchester), that's not the case here. There is no city of Kansas, Kansas - nor is there a city of Kansas, Missouri. There are, however, three Kansas Cities. Kansas City, Missouri - where the Royals and Chiefs play, North Kansas City, Missouri - north of the Missouri River from KCMO, and Kansas City, Kansas - where both Sporting Kansas City and the NWSL team play.

Referring to teams from the Kansas City metropolitan area, or the city itself, as "Kansas" is quite annoying and offensive. "City" is not an optional part of the name.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

But, yes, Kansas City desperately needs a win.

EDIT: Bonus points, if you're looking at a map and you see that the "Kansas" River meets the Missouri River where all three Kansas Cities meet, that's neat. But if you really want to fit in like a local, it's generally not called the "Kansas River" in the area. Locals call it the "Kaw River". You're welcome.

Cliveworshipper repped this.
  12. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Special bonus points for knowing that famous Yankee baseball player and manager Charles Dillon Stengel got his “Casey” moniker for hailing from KCMO.

I'm still confused about which Kansas City was “Cowtown” and which called itself “Queen of Cowtowns”

kolabear repped this.
  13. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I believe "Cowtown" is Fort Worth, Texas and "Queen of Cowtowns" is Dodge City, Kansas formerly the hangout of Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, and Bat Masterson.

I'm a member of the Kaw Indian tribe, also called the "Kansa" from whence comes the name of "Kansas."

West Ender, kolabear and cpthomas repped this.
  14. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It was a disaster in Chicago last Saturday afternoon. Red Stars are in a downward spiral with no answers.