PBP: Week 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Calci0, May 6, 2017.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    60 points left to play for, Carolina only has 12. It's a good start, but NWSL teams are very fragile. A run of bad form or an ACL tear to a starter can change things in a hurry.

I'm guessing 4-6 teams will put together a four game win streak at some point. Doing it in April/May looks great, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Timrak scored just minutes after being responsible for the goal her own team took (by losing a ball in her defensive third): a classic textbook case. :giggle:

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, it can be on the pitch, but I would expect a professional camera crew to be able to somehow solve the problem! :unsure: As FawcettFan14 puts it, it was basically unwatchable: there is no use putting an "HD" tag on a video if then its quality is so low.

4. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am expecting some losses for Carolina at some point in the season. This league is just way too competitive for any team to go unbeaten all year. And the Courage had perhaps their weakest performance yesterday. Boston really took it to them and could have gotten an equalizer at several points. That was a game that the Flash of 2014 would have lost, since that team could not keep leads to save their lives.

blissett repped this.
  5. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Carolina is going to win the table because the teams #2 - #10 in this league will all rip each other apart with a sword of parity, and even though the Courage will lose a few games, they will still end up winning the table as a result of all the draws that teams #2 through #10 in the table will have against one another.

Carolina plays a style in which they will outscore opponents, rack up wins, and they will still have a few losses, but less draws than most other teams in the league. As a result, the table is theirs for the taking.

Of course, the Movement hex could strike upon them before the season is over (injuries, pregnancies, coaches getting suspended for going bonkers, etc.)

6. Airox

Airox Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And here I thought Paul Riley getting suspended was a good luck charm....

7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No surprises:
    http://www.nwslsoccer.com/news/article/francisca-ordega-named-player-of-the-week

For records, also Jess Fishlock with Goal of the Week and Ashlyn Harris with Save of the Week.