Week 3 (weekend games)

Discussion in 'Wagering' started by Wizardscharter, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    From bettingadvice.com: BTW, it looks like any bet you want you can find it now...and if you are not living in the Orwellian Hell that is the USA and our polical climate, you might even be able to take a punt or two.

Write your Congressperson and Senators. Get the (im)moral majority out of Washington, your bedroom, and personal life.

Ahem.

SAT:
    New York Red Bulls 2.00/3.5/4.05 Houston Dynamo
    Over 2.12 - 1.83 Under:

Anytime you can get a defending Champion, Houston at 4.05, that's good enough for me, even with reinforced NY at home. HOU. Bookies like the under, you may as well also.

Chicago Fire 2.00/3.25/3.75 Kansas City Wizards
    Over 1.98-1.94Under:

A little history: KC has won exactly 1 game in Chicago vs any Chicago team at any level. One. CHI is on full rest. KC lost midweek in the USOC on the road, and has games next Sat and next Wed. KC will be fielding a reduced linup to combat fixture congestion, and Scott Sealy rolled his ankle in Salt Lake City and had to be subbed. KC is a better team, but might not be better on this day. CHI. Over is almost a mortal lock also.

Chivas 1.91 3.50 4.15 Real Salt Lake
    Over 2.0-1.94

Chivas is greatly improved. RSL is two different teams home and road. Chivas 2-1 sounds about right. CHI. Over.

FC Dallas 1.91 3.30 4.10 Colorado Rapids
    Over 2.0-1.94 Under

Dallas is 1-1-1 after going through a fixture congested week last week. Cooper and Ruiz represent one of the better strike tandems in MLS. I think they win here at home vs what is among the best home defenses in MLS. Colorado traveling is normally a lesser cousin to the home version. DAL. Under.

SUN:
    Can't get the numbers yet. Poor website setup. More manana.

NOTE: 42% of MLS games so far have been ties. This is very common in the MLS eason to have many ties early. Had you bet every game as a draw, you would be paying for your debts quite quickly. History says this will likely continue at least 2-3 more weeks.

-WC

2. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    I think I'd probably take Dallas and Chivas USA here. Taking all draws at this time of year does seem to be beneficial, but we juts had one Thursday and I kind of have a feeling not more than 1 of the weekends matches will end of a draw.

3. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm taking Chicago and Chivas on singles.

4. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ended up parlaying Chicago and Chivas instead of going single. Fortunately, it paid off.

5. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Not bad, 3-4 on the teams and 3-4 on the over/under. If you listened to me you made money. I thought Colorado would be a little tougher to score on and my greed at taking the monster number and the defending Champs let me down.

You can make a good living going 6-8, we'll see about this week.

-WC