Week 3 Matches

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Danks81, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had a good game from my team,very physical game as well, the team I was playing lost 2 players, I had 3 bruised players though and 4 yellow cards, 3 for me. It's insane it was a big game between me and my rival. I won the game 4-1. Big win for my team

2. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    6-2

That makes me 16-2 on goals this season and undefeated so far. For my first full season, I'm off to a great start.

Alpine Valley United FC
    VI.260

3. Takkie

Takkie Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fans are High on life :)

4. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I finally got check on the injury to one of my defenders. 6 weeks. 6 I've never had one that long before. I'm going to have to pick up a replacement. May as well upgrade slightly when I do.

5. ZonaGunner

ZonaGunner Member

Aug 23, 2003
    Tempe, Arizona
    Big win for the Gray Gunners as they beat Earthquakes 8-0 for their first D4 win ever. Earthquakes appear to have played a somewhat weaker lineup in preparation for their Cup game. Bad news is my star striker got a red card, so he'll miss my midweek Cup matchup.

6. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Angermanagament 1-Dallas red Knights 5

Less than half of his stadium was full and off the 6608 crowd, 1134 members of the Tartan Army showed up. Also have over half a million sitting in the bank.

Have a 19-3 gd and top of the league. Next chanllange will be in 2 weeks.

7. Andy P

Andy P New Member

May 18, 2004
    Won 7-2 on chances created... drew 2-2 in reality :mad: Also had another sending off.

8. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10 docs will cut it in half if he's pretty young.

9. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HWFC Wins 1-0 in a nail biter away to Press Navigators.

Our midfields were rated the same but, as always, my superior attack ratings pulled me through.

It's amazing how many of the teams in my series have decent midfields but no other ratings. I think that my strategy of going for balance is paying off.

I'm in first place on nine points with a 19-1 goals for and against ration.

Cool Hand Lukes, the D4 demotee, is right behind me with nine points and an 18-0 goal ratio.

10. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    4-2 loss. I underestimated my opponent and thought I had a chance to win or draw if I MOTS'ed, but that $7.4 million war chest from the sale of Gregory Green was just too much for me to handle.

Now it looks definite that I'll be competing for 6th place in the series. I was hoping to have a shot at the top 4, but, alas, that won't be happening.

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's gotta suck being in a series with the guy that pulled Gregory Green, the future of ht-USA. I feel for ya

12. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    had a nice 6-2 win, supporters are now high on life and I'm up to second...sadly my 10k construction didnt finish until, but I sold out at 17K...bad planning.

actually we have 6 teams with 6 points each and 2 with none. Going to be very interesting in v.52...

13. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I scouted my opponent fairly well and saw enough of a midfield gap that I could PiC and still win at home.

i did just that winning 3-0 and remain undefeated 3 matches, 9 points.

It will come crashing to a halt next week I think with a tough away fixture. But my TS is up to satisfied and I have enough money now to jump for a solid coach. Now I have to decide how much longer I can save and boost his potential leadership with each dollar I can scrounge together :)

14. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I gambled (MOTS) and lost (4-1). And it's going to make it difficult to beat my next opponent, even at home. Would have been worth it to lose this coming week had I won against what I think will be the real #1 this season. Gotta see what I can do to hopefully pull off the win at home this weekend against the current (not for long-one way or another) #1.

Kind of nice to have him come to my arena while he's still in first.

15. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I won 4-0 away, PIC'd against an inferior opponent. Next week will be my first game in my newly expanded 15,000 seat arena. I'm hoping for a big crowd!

In 2 weeks I have my biggest test of the season, the 2nd place team in my series.

16. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4 - 0 PIC win at home for our first points of the season. We pulled the second-highest total rating in the series for the second week running (although there's a glut in the 160's, so that's not saying so much), giving me some hope for a finish possibly out of the qualification spots. Up next, midweek cup match against an opponent that typically pulls in the low 140's.

17. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    I would have won 3:2 if my chances were goals.

Well next week I play against the bottom ranked team in the league. Here's hoping I can at least beat them.

18. Pattrick

Pattrick New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    0-3 win, should have scored a lot more, but at least I'm #1 now with 9 points.

Furthermore, I got a new HATstats ratings record (174) and 42.5*, without my #2 forward and #3 midfielder. I'm hoping for 45* later this season.

19. Kid101

Kid101 New Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Won 6-1 to a new team, should've scored more but tried a reserve player on the midfield and didnt give me that much possession but it's all good. Currently undefeated, next week is first home game in 14k arena, home should gimme a boost and an easy 5-0 win.

20. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    What are these ratings? Are they the ones that show up when you view matches under HT Buddy? Is this an "outside of hattrick" thing? How are they accumulated? Thanks!

21. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the same rating formula used by Buddy and Hatstats. It takes the denominations from disastrous (very low) to divine (very high), sets them on a scale from 1 to 80, takes midfield three times and everything else once and adds it up.

It's helpful as a very rough estimate of a team's level of play in a match. Aside from compensating for only one midfield rating (vs. three each of attack and defense) there's no weighting done, so it doesn't really account for imbalanced teams, and you might also argue that midfield still isn't weighted heavily enough for its importance to results.

If you look at a team's history in Hatstats, the progression of ratings can be fun -- normal/MOTS games can really stick out.

22. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I destroyed the previous #1 team 5-1 with a MOTS. I only moved up from 6th to 5th though, but everyone from 2nd to 5th all have 6 points and the only thing seperating us is goal difference. I play #3 next week but they are overrated since really this is one of the lower teams in the league. I should win with furious TS and PIC, but it'll probably be closer than it should be.

23. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1st loss of the season which sucks because I play the top team in the league next week... thank goodness I pic'd this one... I am hoping to MOTS the upcoming match...

24. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally got around to my duty of being a NKOTB Fed reporter. Here are my week 3 reports for BS members

The surprising leaders of their series, Dynamo KC was at home with a line up of mostly trainees. The same could be said for their opponent, The Right Foots. Both teams were preparing for their continued cup run. Andoni Sueiro, aka the Gunslinger opened the scoring for Dynamo, and was able to double that lead five minutes later in the 30th minute. Less then a minute later though, The Right Foots were able to pull a goal back. The teams were went into the half with that score, but in the second it was all Right and midfielder Ronen Ben Zion, who scored twice in the second half to give Right the win.

The Cauldron was rocking as Scouser Tommies played OLDE ENGLISH MASTIFFS. The Tommies dominated possession in the first half and it led to two first half goals in the 22nd and 23rd minute. One of the goals was by Klaas Ernst, and the second was by Gunnar Aasetre. The Tommies were able to add one more goal in the second half, this one by Deng Leet-Yen. The win put the Tommies in first place in the series, the only team to get 9 points from the first three matches.

Flatirons FC lost in a shootout on the road this week to Kvo2004 4-3. Flatirons also ended up losing Robert Brady who was given two yellow cards in the game. Flatirons held leads of 1-0, 2-1, and 3-2, before Kvo2004 finally pulled ahead in the 72nd minute. Charlie Rutherford opened the scoring for Flatirons, and was followed by Adrian Banda who scored 4 minutes before half to give Flatirons a halftime lead. After another equalizer, Christos Nicolaides again put Flatirons ahead, but alas it was not enough as Flatirons fell.

Mongrel FC ran into a formidable Los Guys team this week in league in an all NKOTB clash. Things ended up going the way of the Guys this time, as Guys got two first half goals and cruised to a 4-1 win. Mongrel’s scorer was Rex Pulliam in the 74th minute. It was not enough though as Mongrel fell.

Heavy Water FC is on top of their division V series in their first season up from division VI. Heavy used their strong attack to take it to Press Navigators this week. Heavy though was not able to put many goals in the net as they have the past two weeks. Instead, a 33rd minute goal from Peter Johansson was all that was needed for the win. As Heavy won their third straight league game and are still involved in the US Open Cup.

25. jstoen

jstoen New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I got my butt kicked in possesion but I expected to and ran a 4-5-1 press. That allowed me to only lose 3-0 to a far superior team, that won my series last season.

Now for week 4 I am up against another top team which is currently undefeated and and is proabably the favorite to challenge for the series title this season.