PBP: Week 3 discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Calci0, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  2. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Injury report
    Fine: Seattle, Orlando, North Carolina, Chicago, Boston
    Inconvenient: Sky Blue, Houston
    Bad: Portland
    Devastating: Kansas City, Washington

Playing weather looks great in Portland. Boston should be fine (maybe the awful glare won't be as bad with a later kickoff time). There's a heat wave in Cary which may slow the game down. Toasty in Boyds too but should cool off some by 7 ET; sporadic storms in DC area forecasted tonight. Tomorrow's weather looks crisp and cool for Sky Blue's home opener.

3. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Entertaining game in Cary. Orlando is unlucky to be down. Marta crossed a fantastic ball to Spencer in front and it rolled under her foot from 2 yards out. Later Spencer returned the favor, crossing to Marta to volley home...only for D'Angelo to get a piece of it and Dahlkemper cleared it off the line.

In other news, Portland up 1-0 on Nadim's PK. No game in Portland is complete unless the Thorns are given a penalty. :rolleyes:

4. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Yeah that PK was questionable not least of which the ball was hit away from the goal and her arm was in kinda a natural position. I did not like the call. The handball on Alleway was the correct call.

Orlando is in dire need of a reliable striker. Marta is creating so many chances with no one at the end of it.

holden repped this.
  5. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    They have Alex Morgan, but she's in France. They have Rachel Hill, but she's at school. Sermanni seems to think Danica Evans is best used off the bench.

6. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Marta's teammates with some incredible misses today.

7. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    One wonders where this Portland team will be if it weren't for PK calls at very fortunate moments. In that opening match Orlando was matching them until that PK. Same thing today.

8. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    It's one of the things that makes me root against them, as a neutral. They benefit from the referees' calls far too often.

socfandan repped this.
  9. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    So is this a new thing that Spirit announce the starting players while they're not on the field?

10. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    This Seattle stream is just a hot mess right now

11. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get the WAS-HOU stream twice, no matter which game I click.

And it cut away from the anthem line to a Please Wait.

go90 can't/won't show two different streams concurrently? Boo :thumbsdown:

12. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    We live in the upside down right now

13. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [WAS-HOU]
    10' 0-0 I zap this go90 stream with a Wand of Polymorph, and it becomes --

[BOS-SEA]
    10' 1-0 Boston down box right, cross toward 9m center, Mathias backheels it away -- but directly to Leon, who drives to 2m right post and slips a low bouncer under Kopmeyer's sprawling left hand. The wand charge wears off, and --

[WAS-HOU]
    14' 0-0 Far-side stands, and Houston's endzone hill, look at about 30% capacity. Roccaro chips toward spot, Hagen collides chest-to-chest with Labbé, stays down clutching left forearm near elbow. Stoppage, trainers, she resumes and jogs to midfield touch to re-enter.

It could actually be worse; they could interlace the two streams into one feed.

14. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
  15. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Boston not content to be Seattle's doormat any longer, leading 2-0 only 15 minutes in. Goals by Leon and Lavelle.

16. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It just cut to Boston/Seattle and I missed 2 goals trying get the stream up. WTF

17. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [BOS-SEA]
    16' 2-0 And we missed that, whatever it was.

18. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    The flipped streams or he Boston Seattle score?

19. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

20. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    26' 2-0 Kopmeyer gk to Yanez just past midfield, one-touch ping rightward toward Kawasumi, intercepted by Lavelle. Lavelle promptly sprint-dribbles 40m to box top arc left, leaving players on both benches feeling ... old. Backpass lost, Seattle (Nairn?) promptly hoofs long up box mid-left, low and fast over everybody, drops perfectly into Rapinoe's stride. Rapinoe slows up a bit to 12m mid-left, shoots low left post directly into Smith. Seattle's midfield is not nearly as dominant as in the Little era: they look a step behind.

[WAS-HOU]
    28' 0-1 Bruna to Ohai.

21. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Ohai doing Ohai things. Houston has too much athleticism for Washington to handle. I was surprised by how low many prognosticators ranked the Dash. When they have Andressa and Brian back, not to mention Lloyd creating havoc, along with their pacy forwards, I think they can cause anyone trouble. Defense is a question mark, but I don't think they are as bad as last week's 5-1 loss in Seattle showed.

The Boston stream is eminently more watchable with this later kickoff time. Last week you couldn't tell what was happening on the entire left side of the picture, with that glare.

22. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Lol, I was actually talking about the stream but I think I'll go ahead and apply it to the score as well.

23. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Houstons worst enemy has always been itself

24. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [QUOTE=" Seattle's midfield is not nearly as dominant as in the Little era: they look a step behind.

[/QUOTE]

Seattle is missing both her skill and her passion.

25. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Dowie laces it! 3-0. You can't help but feel excited for the Boston faithful, and for long suffering players like Julie King.

CoachJon repped this.