Week 20: Chicago 'Everyone loves us' Redstars & Atlanta 'Crybaby FC' Beat

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Independence' started by Blaze20, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Another multi-game week. I sure the game against the Redstars should be webcasted so thats good. I hope the team play like they did in the first half on sunday and try to minimize the defensive lapses in middle.

GO CHEESESTEAKS :p

2. Hoover

Hoover New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Yup, big week for the Cheesesteaks and they need some points from it to ensure playoffs. Going to be tough in Chicago as they are a desperate team with their backs to the wall, they need points to survive as time running out on them.

Should be intense, hard fought match.

3. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    2-1 Philly and a crucial 3 points. WOOT! :D

4. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    This was a smart game all around ( well except the goal conceeded :)).
    From the webcast, it seems Mitts did a good job shutting down Nogueira and Seger was all over the place. Frida had a good game and thank god she got no card this time:eek:.

This should give the team a bit of breathing room entering the game on sunday. See you all then

6. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A win on sunday and Sky Blue win would give us a nice cusion.... then we crush Sky blue the following week

7. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Yep. Sky blue and Chicago are now officially our pigeons :p

8. Hoover

Hoover New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Great game and outcome for the Cheesesteaks! They earned a critical 3 points in the tight playoff race.

Philly midfield looked strong again, Arod was tough to defend and team played smart soccer when they had the lead. Chicago goal was a little soft, as thought cross should have been contested at both ends but play the rest of the game made up for it. Like the way we are playing, very solid and impressive soccer.

Appreciate the Chicago franchise putting up the webcast as nice fan friendly touch.

Next up is Atlanta this wkend - go Philly!

9. MAR2010

MAR2010 Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the webcast archived for those of us who were at PPL last night, and for those who may have missed it.

10. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
  11. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, the rain may dampen the field but not our Spirits, WE may have a smaller crowd, but we will be loud... looking forward to toasting Hope Solo tonight.... we will give her the Welcome home to Philly, then razz her all night....

Please remember, no remarks about about the Jappanese players lest we be labeled racist

12. unionchris

unionchris Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if we behave ourselves, Hope would still go on a tirade. Being in last place, she needs to find something to get excited over.

13. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Cheesesteaks 3, Team Midgy 2. :D (that nickname harkens back to the WUSA days, when the Beat were always called midgy for some reason). Down 2-0 with goals from rasmussen and Chalupny, then DiMartino began the rally with 2 first half golazos, and Joanna Lohman (PSU alum) tossed the final dagger past Solo with 9 minutes left. A-Rod 2 assists, including the gamewinner.

Boston won too, so we're still 5 points up. A win/tie vs. an utterly exposed (tonight at least) Sky Blue FC and we're in the playoffs. Then the 6-pointer on the 29th vs. Boston.

14. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Minor detail: I think we were down at half ( I remember feeling pretty shellshocked) and rallied 2-0 in the second. Great comeback with the 3 unanswered goals at a time when we coulda seemed Hopeless.

15. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were 2-1 going into the half... had the AR found the the flag on Chulupny's goal (she was little more than half a step off side and another player was fully off sides near her) it would have been 1-1...

nitpicking cause the reffs stunk up the joint... Frida - a yellow on that play ? very poor yellow card... yet 2 players basically get taken down in the box (one by hope) and the reff yells at Amy to get up ? I don't mind a bad reff, just call the same way for both teams... he did get about 60% of the throw ins right... and one whistle was just completely ignored by the all players cause they decided there was no foul

Now, I am not saying that Frida does not get rough, she just seems to be the brunt of the reffs lately

16. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Great result yesterday. I would have been seriously disappointed if we didn't get the 3 points in that whether :). Not a very pretty game to watch as the field seemed extra slick but the team battle on the get that win.

DiMartino was like an energizer bunny throughout that match and played lights out. I'm happy that she was rewarded with 2 goals. Bringing in Danesha and Lohman totally changed the outlook as the ATL defenders now had to worrying about 2 speedy players instead on 1.

Looking forward to next week at Yurcak field. Anyone else making the drive can PM so maybe we could coordinate on at least sitting in the same section so our voices can be heard when cheering. I'm hoping the Cheesesteaks can put the final nail in the coffin of Sky Blue.