PBP: Week 15- Pre/In/Post-Game Discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by BlueCrimson, Jul 20, 2013.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    De Vanna is a hamstring injury...Foord looks like an ankle sprain

2. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  3. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus US soccer signs 20-24 players to contracts, so why would they not play them?

4. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Thanks for the Euros spoiler... :thumbsdown:

5. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    No! What the ******** is wrong with you people and your spoilers today! IF you want to know the USMNT score go ********ing look at ussoccer.com or something.

6. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just because Adams is a UCLA alumnus, don't get defensive. I don't think people at least on BS, are comparing Adams to O'Hara. As I pointed out, Ocampo has scored more in fewer minutes than Adams, so people here ask how to get her more playing time. Freels got her playing time largely because of injuries to Bock and O'Hara. So if Bock is back, where else to play Ocampo? I have seen Adams play live at SB and she is slow and lumbering at times, while Ocampo just is in the right place at right times as others have noted. What else can I say?

7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So I asked for the score and u kept reading posts after that and it's somehow my fault..... ;)

8. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're not directly comparing but you call for Adams to be benched and not O'Hara (out hurt anyway). As for stats, you're very selective - Ocampo has same amount of goals as DeVanna in half as many minutes. Until Morgan scored today, she's scored as many goals as Morgan in half as many minutes. And O'Hara has scored... zero .

When you have the first place team, you'd think the players playing on it must be doing something right. Adams ' little touches and one-touch passing are important part of Sky Blue's generally excellent ball movement

Yup I'm UCLA but I was careful not to overpraise her in WPS nor overrate her likely impact at the start of this season but she's earned a lot more recognition for contributions to Sky Blue than what she's getting. And, as I said, considering how absolutely abysmal O'Hara's shooting has been, it's just shocking the disparity in criticism that Adams gets compared to O'Hara. But Adams has earned recognition for her contributions so, heck yeah, I'll stand up for her. She's entitled to it

I agree with someone up above - one of the biggest problems Sky Blue is having stems from Gabarra tinkering with where Sophie Schmidt plays. She scores 6 goals in the early part of the season so he thinks, wow, I should play her as a forward, then she'll score even more goals. Blockheaded thing to do, if you ask me.

9. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was Wambach to blame for Foord's injury?

The one thing that bothers me or worries me the most about how she plays is I fear she's going to injure another player and possibly end their career.

10. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In my opinion, yes.

11. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I missed the first half or at least the video version.

12. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Too late: Daniela
    [/angry Athletica fan]

13. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I know. That's what I meant by "another". That was a terrible shame and I'd hate to see it happen again. Daniela was a special player and Brazil hasn't been the same without her even though they still have Marta.

14. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll have to catch it on a replay.

15. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Happened in the 25th minute. (Not that you'll miss it with Wambach flailing around on the ground trying to get the ball).

16. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ah, my bad: I read "another player" as in "not herself". ^^;

17. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Random thought:
    We are now officially 3/4 done with the season. 66/88 games have been played as of today.

18. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With 3 of top 4 teams winning this weekend, what are the chances now of SB and/or Chicago making a run and catching up? Boston has to win both games later this week just to nearly close the gap with #4 place.

19. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kolabear, I don't know if your response was directly at me specifically, but don't shoot the messager. Blue Crimson said to bench Adams, I just provided some numbers on SB players. I just read BS, I don't remember before anyone call for Adams' head. Yes, I seen that O'Hara has apparently lost her forward touch ( I'm one of the few who go to SB games). If you think O'Hara should be benched, fine, call for that when she is back from her injury. There is just one player that I care about playing, if I got upset every time someone on BS called for her benching, my blood pressure would be through the roof. So calm down .

20. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Random thoughts: sub topic: schedule

of those 22 remaining games it looks on paper like Sky Blue and WNY seem to be the best off.

Sky Blue has a couple tougher ones against KC & Port but then finishes with Wash, Chi & Wash. Washington is already out and Chicago may also be eliminated by the next to last game.

WNY has Wash, Bos, Seat, Port and Bos left with all but one at home.

On the other side of the coin, Boston seems to have the toughest path having KC twice, WNY twice, Port and Wash.

Portland is also interesting as they still have a game with every team except Washington.

21. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    that's dont shoot the masseur :)

22. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. Really, don't shoot him.

23. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On paper, it looks like WNY has an easier road. In reality, not so much. I think they'll beat Washington, and they may beat Portland with both Lloyd and Adriana available for the rematch. However, Boston gave them all sorts of problems in their previous two games, and we all saw how badly they got beaten by Seattle last week. If WNY can get a win in one of the two Boston games, then I think they'll make the playoffs. It might come down to the last game, though.

24. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well, SB is in first, so they don't have any catching up to do. X-D
    As for the chances of making the playoffs, I could point you to http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/f/NWSL.html

25. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, my spell check is really off tonight! That was meant to be "Boston and/or Chicago". Thanks.

And thanks for the link.
    6.4% chance for Boston to make the playoffs ? I'll take those odds!