PBP: Week 14- Pre/In/Post-Game Discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by BlueCrimson, Jul 10, 2013.

1. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Wow, it is so exciting/gratifying to finally be seeing a game via TV.... the webstreams have been a wonderful opportunity for fans... but FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    link for the seattle stream? i'm no where near a tv.

3. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    newsouth did you find something? i don't really get it... but here is info about someone from tumblr that has a stream on livestream.... maybe you can figure it out.

nwsl washington spirit vs. seattle reign
    soccer13fan:
    kristie-mewiss:
    Watch kristie-mewiss.tumblr.com’s NWSL Washington Spirit vs. Seattle Reign on Livestream.com. Washington Spirit at Seattle Reign. Kick off is at 8:30PM EDT. Game is also exclusively featured on the Fox Soccer Channel.(Check your local listings.)​
    This is the link to my personal stream for anyone that does not have access to the Fox Soccer Channel.
    If you would like to subscribe to Fox’s Official stream that can be found on FoxSoccer2Go there is a $20/monthly fee. This includes international soccer and domestic league games globally.
    **My stream is NOT high quality at all. Please no complaints because that is something I cannot help.**

6. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Washington is leading 1-0 on a PK goal by Diana Matheson. Hand ball was called on Keelin Winters inside the box, it was inadvertent but she got clipped by the ball.

7. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Missed the first 20 minutes, how did the announcers "sell" the attraction of this game (besides showing Solo) considering it's between the bottom 2 teams?

8. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Is that Walker doing the color commentary? Cause I like her.

9. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Jess Mcdonald with the tying goal.

10. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Yes.

11. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Selling the league not the match-up.

12. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Wow very nice cross by Eli Reed and Jess McDonald doing a Abby with the header into the net. Being 6' helps a lot.

13. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Reed-McDonald... that was a terrific goal.

14. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And now the go ahead goal, not to mention having a goal correctly called back for offside. Going to Seattle was the best thing that could have happened for her.

15. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish the camera angle was the same as the Seattle stream.

16. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    nice for seattle fans to show up for a tv game. call it a game, since solo only gives up 1 goal a game.

17. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She gave up two in her last game, but Washington shouldn't count on getting another PK call.

18. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, god. I hope that's not what I think it is for Krieger. That's one player Washington can't really afford to lose.

19. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Some of the screen capture shots I see, Mittsy looks like she might be pregnant:cool:.

21. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I have to give it to Washington, they came to play today. They had several quality chances to score, they did need better finishing, those touches were just too soft and Solo didn't have much problems. The best one was probably Lori Lindsay's shot that forced Solo to dive to the side to save, but that was a soft shot again.

Good game by Jess McDonald, played the big target forward role to a Tee and got 2 goals out of it. Rapinoe and Fishlock are great and so was Nairn. Seattle has a very strong midfield. I still have a negative opinion on Renae Cuellar, right at the end of the match, she was on the left side of the pitch with one defender on her and she couldn't turn to get a cross in. That is poor footwork, she just isn't technical and because she is a north-south player she becomes very predictable. She did have some attacking runs, but again not really a threat.

Another 3 points for Seattle and with Western New York only getting a draw..... who knows.

22. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Looks like we are going down to the wire... which is only good (at least that is how I feel as a neutral).

23. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Just a heads up, Fox Soccer is showing a full replay of this game tomorrow morning.
    Check your local listings, and please tune in, so Fox Soccer can set some ratings (even on the replay broadcasts). The more people that tune in to NWSL (live or replay) = the better.

24. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    And I wont watch it tomorrow for the same reason I didnt watch it today. Damn elitist digital cable.

25. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

That Abby PK was another phantom call by the refs. One goal per game so far. I didn't see the Matheson PK, so I can't comment.