Week 10 Pre/In/Post (7/23-25)

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by SiberianThunderT, Jul 23, 2021.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    7/23
    KC vs NC, 8pm, Twitch
    7/24
    ORL vs RGN, 7pm, Twitch
    HOU vs POR, 8:30pm, P+
    7/25
    NJY vs CHI, 5pm, P+
    LOU vs WAS, 7:30pm, P+

Two big storylines this week:
    --ORL vs RGN, two teams without a permanent coach now that Skinner has officially stepped down for ORL and RGN is still awaiting the arrival of Harvey
    --KC vs NC, two teams that just pulled off a massive trade yesterday, and NC just announced that several players had breakthrough positive COVID tests and are quarantining

1418643354959720452 is not a valid tweet id

2. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, here is the NWSL injury report for Kansas City and the Courage:

[​IMG]KANSAS CITY
    OUT: Elizabeth Ball (right thigh/under Covid protocol), Allie Hess (left lower leg), Lo’eau LaBonta (Under Covid protocol), Taylor Leach (left foot), Maddie Nolf (left foot), Arielle Ship (right lower leg-SEI), Jessica Silva (right adductor), Abby Smith (right thigh)
    INTERNATIONAL DUTY: Katie Bowen (NZL), Chloe Logarzo (AUS), Desiree Scott (CAN)

[​IMG]NORTH CAROLINA COURAGE
    OUT: Lindsey Agnew (right foot), Hailey Harbison (left knee), Jess McDonald (Covid positive), Samantha Murphy (Under Covid protocol), Peyton Perea (right foot), Havana Solaun (Under Covid protocol), Ryan Williams (Covid positive)
    INTERNATIONAL DUTY: Debinha (BRA), Abby Erceg (NZL), Sam Mewis (USA), Lynn Williams (USA)

blissett repped this.
  3. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    It’s a good thing you only need 7 to start a match.

4. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well, this was KC's chance, and they did their best to take it... 14-7 in shots, 5-1 in shots on goal, 54-46 possession... No goals though, ends 0-0

5. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    As I mentioned last week, tiebreaks make things chaotic:
    With NC now on 17pts instead of 16, NJY doesn't drop any spots on the ladder, while ORL drops one spot and HOU drops two spots. NC, for their part, only rise to 3rd instead of 2nd thanks to their loss to CHI earlier.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  6. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the NWSL banter on social media:

Shows US Olympic result (open)

Klingo3034 and blissett repped this.
  7. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    God I hate Portland

CoachJon repped this.
  8. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #8 SiberianThunderT, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    I have half a mind to report you for personal attack with that comparison. I know you're trying to be silly but my god that is an insanely awful low blow and totally asinine and unnecessary. (You're not making a good case to lessen my hatred right now either.)

9. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well at least DC got a win, and I can be somewhat happy with that... Not a great weekend otherwise, either for teams I like or for table chaos (CHI/RGN was the only table chaos result this week).

Klingo3034 repped this.
  10. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Side note: we are now done with 55 of the 120 regular season games for this season. Next week is literally the halfway point.

kolabear repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, it can't really be: judging by this thread, basically you're the only one who keeps following NWSL during the Olympics! :p

Half-joking. ;)

kolabear repped this.
  12. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am following it quite closely. It has been very interesting, as we are getting to see a lot of different-than-usual players and which teams have adapted best to players being gone for the Olympics (and due to injuries). I think it has been a good test for the general manager/coach teams.

CoachJon, SiberianThunderT and blissett repped this.
  13. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    God that’s an insanely idiotic comment. I have half a mind to report you for hate speech.

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  14. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #14 SiberianThunderT, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    >Comment in a PBP thread timestamped to immediately after the team in question scored (with so little game played it's basically a fluke)

Seems like you understand what "idiotic" or "hate speech" means or you're also just trying to be silly, and I'm not here for it.

15. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well I've always been someone who likes club more than country! One the WoSo side in particular, it might be a side effect of being in the US, because the expectations are so stupidly high that wins are just "meeting expectations" and losing means the rest of the fandom loses their goddamn minds... X'-D

cpthomas and blissett repped this.