Wednesday Practice

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Jun 29, 2005.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    Hooray! I've been waiting all day for this so I could see what news there is. :)

3. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    EJ maybe back for NE!! Woo Hoo!!!

4. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talk about needing to get a life... ;)

5. wcharriscpa

wcharriscpa Member

Arsenal FC
    Dec 26, 2000
    Austin
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "If you would like to have an interesting chat with Colin ask him what he thinks about the fan voting."

Could you expand on this? Just a little? :) I'm assuming he doesn't think too highly of it. But I'll bet he probably was a little more "colorful" in his discourse with you.

I understand if it was more of an "off the record" kinda thing, though.

6. txaggie93

txaggie93 New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    How does Clarke feel about possibly coaching the All Stars?

7. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had an interesting talk about some of the results, rather than the process.

8. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "It means the team is playing well."

9. jwedding

jwedding Member

Jul 21, 2003
    McKinney
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a positive spin on being put in a no-win situation. If he gets stuck coaching, it pulls from his team time. If they win, it's "Of course they did, it was a B-Team from the Premiership." If they lose, it's "See, they can't even beat a B-Team."

It's a bunch of hooey. They should have offered it up to someone like Dir, etc. I hear Tomas Rongren's (sp?) bored.

10. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    Just trying to make Buzz feel better since he keeps getting scooped today. ;)

11. Makaveli 10

Makaveli 10 New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    how do u kno when adn where they have practice i wanna go to one of em

12. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    The best way is to call the FCD front office and ask them on whatever day you want to go see: (214) 979-0303

13. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's also in the weekly press release "weekly update" it can be found on the www.fcdallas.net

14. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it for sure at UTD tomorrow? The schedule says Blue Sky. We wanted to go tomorrow.

15. txaggie93

txaggie93 New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
  16. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes Colin changed it this morning.

UTD on Thursday 9:30 AM.

17. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like you weren't waiting on pins and needles yourself.

;)

18. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I were to guess, he is not happy with the fact that Adu is above Ronnie (or that *anyone* is ahead of Ronnie). He seems to believe in Ronnie a bit (no surprise).

He may have an opinion about Simo, as well, and maybe even Goodson. But it sounds to me like he is upset about who is not getting votes, and considering that we're the best team in the league on points, it should be NE and Dallas all over the place, and it isn't turning out that way.

19. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Garlick is the big missing link for me on the fan ballots. talk about someone who deserves it career-wise and especially this-year-wise.

20. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, how did I forget him? Great point. The argument should be between him and Reis and no one else. (For the record, my ticket is straight FCD - this gives votes to the deserving Dallas players and doesn't waste votes on non-Dallas players.)

21. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is angry at the fact that Ronnie O' has been the best midfielders in this league besides Dempsey and isn't receiving the votes. The fact that Freddy Adu has more votes than Ronnie is what pisses him off.

22. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    Welcome to America. Celebrity is more important to many fans than actual performance.

23. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    As Al Davis says, "just win baby" this sSaturday or match whatever NE does and CC can fix the selections as he sees fit. The 'process' selects 11, the commish picks 2 and the All-Star coach picks 5.

24. Kevin Lindstrom

Oct 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. If we're ahead on points (I think, not ppg) at the end of the games on Monday, he is the coach.

Then again, I doubt it will come to that. The fans already have him in the top five, and I can't imagine that the GMs and coaches won't vote him in, and from what I've seen, even the media outside Dallas has noticed how good he has been.

I'm just glad that Colin takes it seriously - I would expect him to take the game seriously, too, and really get the boys up for a big game against what should be a good challenge. That team should represent MLS well - esp. if it has the players it should (Ronnie, Dempsey, Ruiz, EJ, Ralston, Donovan, etc.).

25. justscore

justscore Member

May 31, 2004
    Southlake
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Buzz.
    We got there a little late (635 was a parking lot) EJ and Ruiz were not there. Phil was with the trainers the whole time. Training was not as intense today than in the past. I assume it's because it's Thursday. They mostly scrimmaged and used outside neutrals (don't know the exact term for this drill) Garlick at 1 end Cassar at the other. Ronnie looked good - hit some amazing shots BUT I must say that Bobby stole the shooting show with amazing style and precise placement. Mina looked tired and missed several shots that seemed to be easy ones. CC was quick to point out his mistakes. Oscar is just a phenom! He out husseled all the young kids and made some beautiful feeds. He and Mina had a 1v1 session again, what a mentor! He stayed late and did extra fitness work as well as Cassar.
    Jolley looked good and was communicating well with the D. Simo took some shot s that were WAY off! He and everyone else found it amusing. Goodson was solid all around - good D nice goals! Ramon was typical Ramon (IMO), strong passing and blundered shots for the most part. Overall the team was in good spirits and seem to be enjoying the moment.
    Buzz was not there so I thought I would post some observations, sorry if it's too long!