We will be back

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by The Wee Man, Dec 16, 2005.

1. The Wee Man

The Wee Man New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    San Jose
    And we will be wearing red.

2. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AMEN!!!!

3. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what all of us are seeing now ( red ). I have a feeling SSV will be busy for the next 12 months -

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But why not blue? :confused:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

5. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    I hope you guys are back . . . and soon. Get your dip$hit mayor and city council on board ASAP so we will have the Quakes back in 2007.

C'mon, I saw you online during the open comments portion of the last city council meeting, if any fan group can help pull this off, you guys can.

Best of luck, hurry back.

6. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I want to stay in blue...granted we probably should've been red in the first place but far more people remember the 'Quakes in blue than in red.

7. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    red at home...blue on the road...

everyone is happy...

8. The Wee Man

The Wee Man New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    San Jose
    History, tradition, record books they can’t be changed or taken away, they belong to the San Jose Earthquakes. We are the only club with a 30 plus year heritage and we should continue to remind people of that.

My old Mother always found some good out of the darkest times and as I am searching for some good this morning and I realize that AEG is gone. I challenge you to answer personally the following questions:

Can we ALL get together and do this right with a local ownership group?

Can we become vocal enough to drive a stadium deal to a vote and make it pass?

Can we shut Mark Purdy up?

Can we meet each other with handshakes and smiles at a new earthquakes stadium?

You have to be defiant to win wars.

9. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Right, but we won championships in blue. And there are enough red teams.

Red as the alternate, third strip as a nod to the NASL/WSL Quakes would be cool, though.

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently not. :(

-G

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed with both points.

-G

12. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yesterday is the just beginning, folks.

Let's stay together -- let's put on a good show at SBC on national/international TV.

13. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona
    When the Quakes are back, hopefully they will do a better job of recognizing the history of soccer in San Jose pre 1996.

Red would be awesome, but celebrating the history of the "San Jose Earthquakes" name is more important!

14. chowhog99

chowhog99 Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Pass the Tissues
    RED with ONE Blue stripe diagonally across the chest, as a solidarity to the Earthquakes of past, 2nd past & present.

Why the F am I even talking about this? If its a non-MLS team, then I am there.

MLS can go rot in hell.

15. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    At the last city council meeting, I got to sit behind one of my childhood sports heros.... J. Moore.

If he says we'll be back, I'm with him!!!

16. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona
    Besides the name and history that the MLS are going to leave behind for the next owners, I hope they don't forget the San Jose Earthquakes Hall of Fame! John Doyle is in there and deservedly so. However, I would like to some of the pre ClashQuakes inducted in there as well.

Maybe the fans can keep this HOF going until the next owners arrive as a way to keep the word and history of the Earthquakes alive? Just a thought.

17. BCaso18

BCaso18 Member

SJ Earthquakes, Liverpool FC
    United States
    Jul 7, 2005
    Home of the Tule Fog
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the we were to do that, then it should be open to all Quakes from all eras.

18. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona
    As mentioned, the hall should have members pre ClashQuakes...

There should be no other option! Completely agree!

19. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can understand the anger everyone is feeling now, I went through this in 1983 when the Sounders folded, but back then there was no light at the end of the tunnel. If SSV and the Wee Man feel we have a good shot at getting a team back then I am with them. AEG is gone from San Jose for good. By getting a team with local ownership we are reducing their influence over the league. We have a chance now to start with a clean slate and do it right. I will support the efforts of SSV becausee I love soccer, and I want to see it succeed in San Jose. Instead of turning my back on the league I would rather show them how wrong and stupid they were for leaving in the first place.

20. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

With only JD so far, isn't it more of a "Closet of Fame"? :D

21. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona
    You are right... It is in the closet.

My suggestion is that SSV adopts it and uses it as a way to keep the thing going until the new owners are found. Use it as a rally mechanism to keep the fans together during the interim... Maybe there is a corner in the Brit that could be used to house a true HOF?

22. Al Salinas

Al Salinas New Member

Apr 11, 2000
    fremont
    red
    The original colors, blue bad carma carnal! new start, nueva vida...........! erase those bad memories.

23. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah... the blue predates AEG, is the color chosen by us in the 1999 survey that also returned the name "Earthquakes", and is the color the Quakes won their championships in.

It should be blue shirt/black shorts/blue socks for the primary, white/white/white for the secondary (since every MLS team needs one light-colored jersey, and I'd rather have white than light-blue), and NASL-style red/red/red for the third kit.

-G

24. Airblair

Airblair Member

Dec 8, 1999
    Redwood City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read Mark Purdy's column about yesterday's stadium proposal from the city. He is not off-base about it. The city proposal, to me, seems to be nothing more than a CYA move that had no hope in hell of proceeding. SVSE was right to doubt it.

Face it, peeps. The only way we're getting the Quakes back is if we find a local guy who is willing to lose LOTS of money. We can get the land for a stadium--there are three government entities that I can think of who would offer it--but we have no realistic hope of getting government money to help pay for it.

But when we do get the team back, I propose we synthesize the NASL and MLS v1 colors into red and blue vertical stripes, like Barcelona. Can we all agree on that?

25. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, okay, so maybe we will. But is anyone going to tell us how and why this time? It's all well and good to fight right up to the end. But can we at least have some raw honesty this time? Tell us how we're going to be back. Tell us how all the work is going to help. Until then, I won't be a drone to deals that I have no information about.