We were second place

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Independence' started by pasoccerdad, Sep 26, 2010.

1. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats GP, you won, game was frustrating for us Philly fans but we had a better and more exciting season full of ups and downs that was an incredible ride for us fans

2. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think its safe to say as well that you guys finally found your number one keeper in Val Henderson who did an outstanding job with this game and saved the team from more goals that were originally expected to go in.

3. ville41

ville41 New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Brookhaven, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a great season for the Independence, and a great run. Unfortunately, it's just too much to ask any team to play 330 minutes of soccer in 7 days and expect to be able to contain the Gold Pride's offense. I would say this no matter if the Independence won the game, the league needs to re-examine it's playoff format. All in all I'm proud of the Independence, and it was a great first season! I'm Looking forward already to next season. DOOP!!

4. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    FCGP were too strong for everybody this season, but congrats on an excellent expansion year.

5. BChaCha

BChaCha Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Yep. Everyone was, as someone (forget who) at the Dark Horse put it, fighting for the right to lose to FCGP. The ridiculous amount of time our girls played + short rest period + long travel distance + the length of FC Golden Shower's rest period = way too much to handle.

6. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Man was that hard to watch.

Congrats to all the players who played their hearts out this entire year especially the post season.

7. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    different feelings this year, it was right there, felt like our game, and we just came up just a hair short to a very tough opponent. still proud of our cheesesteaks.

8. ville41

ville41 New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Brookhaven, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was tougher yesterday then last year. I hate PK's. I knew it was trouble once it got past OT. Still very proud of the Independence, and thank them for a great and fun season.

9. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not believe you bumped this..... I was going to put up a Thread called "View from the Road" by I will comment more in a day or two

Took it to the wire and as Coach riley says, we lost the coin toss

Poud of the players and some even came into the stands where we were sitting

Couple of Notes(I have not watched the replay so bear with me)

Bock IS the dirtiest player in the WPS.. Abby's hit on Kia was a kiss last week because Kia at least knew it was coming...

Hey Flash, could you have set aside a worse section for Philly fans that no one sat in 131 is not even on the End line it is behind the goal

BTW - I would like to formally compain about the seating for the FAMILY OF THE PHILLY PLAYERS Section 128 - 129 scattered seats in the corner opposite of the benches... Blatenly disrespectful

Flash, they should put your ticket request and make them sit next to the 2 loud cheesesteak supporters

Philly players were introduced as they barely entered the stadium, the flash introduced after they were stopped (B-slap to philly)

FOX TURNED OFF ALL THE MICS NEXT TO US - WE HAS SOME GREAT SQUIRREL CHANTS GOING

Next year in Philly for the championship game - - PUXATAWNY PHIL

10. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a "neutral", I'm am sincerely hoping that Philadelphia is able to keep most of their team together. They don't have a lot of superstars, they don't have a lot of national team players, they just play hard and play well together as a team. I enjoy watching them play.

So I hope the offseason for the Independence is more in the realm of tweaking and adding a couple of key players than totally changing the roster.

Congrats on a great season!

11. phillypride

phillypride Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm upset that we didn't win. But, I'm also more excited than ever for next year! I too hope the team comes back with most of the same players. While I'm at it, I hope the league adds a team or two and that the Independence front office and us fans can have more success increasing the profile and support for this fantastic team.