We want Octavio Zambrano back.

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Juan Luis Guerra, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    The team will be stable?. Beside Guevara and Pope and Johnny, who else was a regular in the team?. He just need to get his mind set, decide, and go with ONLY ONE team. I dont care if that means seating other good players.

2. Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Orlando Fl
    i like what nick said about having some more veterans on this team , i would like to see someone with the likes of herzog in our midfield or someone of that caliber to help out guevara, gaven and co. lets get rid of SGR and get something more worth it, and lets keep glenn, woly and taylor, i say for next year with a good midfield, getting another good vet and glenn and taylor up front with woly as a sub would look good.

3. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC

Dude have you even followed the team this season? Who are you? There is a reason OZ was run out of LA and then here. There is a reason that he couldn't lead a team to an MLS Cup. There is a reason OZ drafted Shak with the first pick.

Get out of here man.

4. whymetroswhy

whymetroswhy New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Hillsdale, NJ

Did you not realize that world cup qualifying was going on? Kinda hard to keep one team during that don't you think?

5. Sir Ek

Sir Ek Member

Sep 5, 2001
    That's a good reason why MLS should not play on the FIFA WCQ dates next year.

6. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

you are wrong ,

Bradley should have been fired ! We needed a new coach, few new players but keep the core of the team, its the only way we will be succesful in the future. Bradley's system is wrong, he doesn't know how to use the players he has , players that he picked himself. The style of play under him will not work, its not pretty and fails over and over again. Bradley doesn't know how to adjust the play depending on opposition and definetly not capable of changing strategies in middle of of a game if things don't look good. He is cluless when it comes to imposing different variations and styles. He only knows one thing and clearly is not working.

7. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Ranting again? So basically what happened in Chicago for Bradley means nothing here. Agreed that there was a late season slide that knocked us out of the playoffs. But now that there is a good young core of players like Parke, Gaven, Clark, etc., etc. this side has learned it's lessons. Next season should be better. If Bradley is gone if next year happens like the current 2 seasons, who do you want? Schmid? Bring back OZ? Who? Arena won't be out of contract till after the World Cup or at least till the end of 2006.

Last year we were in the US Open Cup Final. It has gone to hell in a handbasket now. But then again you expected a miracle right away. Bob was lucky to mix with good veterens with strong youth and up coming players. Now that he is here he has allowed players like Ricardo Clark, Mike Magee & Eddie Gaven to shine as well as Parke who admitted during the final 1/3 of the season, he's never played this long, but he has to keep his mouth shut and do his job.

You want to fire Bob now. Go ahead start that thread up. And the next coach we get who doesn't make you happy you want him gone too.

I will say this. In OZ's first year for the Metro in MLS. He got us to the third and final match of the Semi-Finals. Then he went straight down. In Bradley's first year fort the Metro we got into the US Open Cup Final.

Let's leave Bob alone. Let him do his job and just cut this stuff out.

8. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Octavio who?

9. soccerfan

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

for now,
    its to late anyway, the decision to keep him was made and i will support Bradley for he will need all the support he can get,

i just hope and wish he would change the style of play, get players to play quicker and use wing play with dangerous crosses into the box, and capitalize on the weaknesses of the other team, Stop being a soccer book coach !!!!!!!

10. soccerfan

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    of course he did very well in Chicago, but after taking over MY team here and seeing how he is coaching them i am disappointed and makes me think he wasn't calling all shots in Chicago, i truely belive that Nowak and Co. had something to say about that and i will belive that untill proven otherwise.

yes he took us to the Open Cup, if i remember correctly our last 3 games were home, and we lost the Final , not only that we lost it but we played with no heart we played like crap.But yes it was a achivement and he did well in his first year, but one expacts better things each year not worst

i never said i want OZ back , but your shooting to high to think of Arena, i never named names

11. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    Well, up to NOW, Octavio's proven to be a better coach for the Metros. I havent seemed nothing from Bob yet.

12. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    who are you man.

OZ came into the Metrostars post the biggest debacle in NY soccer history, '99, and had one million different pieces dropped on his lap. If we weren't good in 2000 they might as well have disbanded our POS franchise. What does Zambrano do? The team begins to suck, he completely loses touch with his players, and finally, we don't even make the playoffs. Why? BEcause this douchebag can't coach.

Why can't he coach? Because he picked ********ING STEVE SHAK with the first pick in the draft. GEt that through your head you moron. Repeat that over and over, STEVE "freaking" SHAK. Jesus. He couldn't draft for ********. Bradley hasn't gotten that many results on the field (yet he tooks us to our one and only cup final...did OZ ever do that???? NOPE) but at least we have young players filling in our ranks. Something we've never had before.

13. whymetroswhy

whymetroswhy New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    Hillsdale, NJ

Wow. We've entered the twilight zone...It's a place where LA fans that live in the home depot center tell Metro fans the complete opposite of what is true. Oh, and a place where the Metros suck...Note to self...need to leave the twilight zone. Who's coming with me? :cool:

14. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I didn't say you named any other names. I'm just throwing out examples of who is available & who might be available. But in my opinion I never felt that this was a short term success. This has to be a long term success. It ticks me off that they always have a slide in the end of the regular season, but this short term problem will be over with long term success.

That's why Bradley had such success in Chicago since he started in 1998. He has been able to mix in strong veterans with good young players. 5 good long years. This is why I am saying that Bradley should stay, not just for next year, but for more. He is starting to build and bring in Home Grown Metro players for us and the US National Team.

Other than that. Yes he is a stubborn coach who wants his play to work. If it worked in Chicago, it should work here with Metro. Occasionally, he has to change it up to adjust, but still I think the coaching carosel should end here with Bradley.