We re-signed Salah, who cares- LFC Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by zaqualung, Jul 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

He sounds like a trier - one who can get knocked down, but he'll get up again, and you're never gonna keep him down ...
    ;)
    I'll get my coat .....

2. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Tyler Morton going on loan to Blackburn as the Matheus Nunes links get stronger.

Remember, Klopp used Tyler Morton as one of the reasons why Liverpool do not have a need for a midfielder.

Liverpool obviously like what is happening at Blackburn. They helped propel Harvey Elliott to the next level. We even sent Clarkson there last season, which didn't work out as well, but Liverpool trust Blackburn with their players.

3. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please be true.

Suss repped this.
  4. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I was hoping the Nunes stuff might be true as well but just read James Pearce crushing our dreams again .

Told that talk of #LFC bidding for Sporting’s Matheus Nunes is nonsense. Club’s stance unchanged regarding summer business. No plans to strengthen midfield further in this window.

5. bayred

bayred Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    May 28, 2018
    I expect an announcement within a week or two :sneaky:

usscouse repped this.
  6. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Where did the rumour come from? Lisbon? If so, let me guess why …

7. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh !!!!
    :):)

https://www.footballinsider247.com/liverpool-bellingham-sources-deal/

Liverpool are making strong progress on the sensational signing of Borussia Dortmund star Jude Bellingham, sources have told Football Insider.

It has been widely reported that the German club will not sell the midfielder, 19, this summer – we first revealed that on 21 April – amid strong interest from clubs led by Liverpool.

But that has not deterred Liverpool from working on a deal for Bellingham to join in the summer of 2023.

The Merseysiders are busy behind the scenes putting in place an agreement, much like they did with Naby Keita when he was at RB Leipzig.

8. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I’ve got to be the only one who thinks he’ll be too expensive for what he’ll bring.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm a little skeptical too but I trust Klopp.

10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    My thoughts exactly.

11. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    In Bellingham we're talking about a 19 yr old who is already a couple seasons into playing regularly in a top league and has been capped 15 times at full international level. He's very good and could potentially be a kingpin in our midfield for the next decade.
    The club are assembling a new generation of young players for Klopp's next version of Lfc squad . We already have the likes of Elliott , Carvalho , Konate , Jones, Ramsay , Nunez ,Gordon and Bellingham would become the center piece of the project imo.
    Really hoping Ward can pull this one off.

usscouse, Suss and imasyko repped this.
  12. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It could be the Bellingham is motivated to come to Liverpool, and he is on board with how Liverpool’s wage structure works. Liverpool don’t start a 19 year old on a huge salary like Man United did paying Jadon Sancho over 300,000 a week.

If Bellingham is willing to come to Liverpool at 20 years old on a reasonable salary, with bonuses, and the opportunity for raises over time, it could financially make sense when the player could potentially be at the club for 10 years or more. With Darwin, Liverpool were not put off by the enormous transfer fee, because they were getting a young player on a long term contract at reasonable wages. Liverpool might not be put off by Dortmund’s asking price, because as a long term investment it might make a lot of sense.

imasyko, newterp and soccershaggy repped this.
  13. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    rumours that Juve have made a bid for Bobby.

.... tell them to eff off.

14. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screenshot_20220725-075343_Samsung Internet.jpg

15. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Juventus is as bit like Chelsea in having a clutch of unwanted players on high wages. Until those ones are moved on, any rumours are going to stay just that.

16. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don't know that selling Bobby for 20m would change our odds of winning silverware for the worse.
    I wanted Bobby a year before we signed him and have been a YUGE bobby fanboy - but his usefulness to us at this point is nearing nil and if we can extract such a fee, then we should.

burning247 repped this.
  17. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His minutes were down last season due to injury and Mane moving to the middle after Diaz came in, but his performances when he played were still elite. He's looked sharp in preseason and with Jota's current injuries issues, Bobby is going to critical to us getting off to a good start and allowing Nunez to settle without the pressure to perform right from the start.

upload_2022-7-27_12-44-3.png

zaqualung, soccershaggy and newterp repped this.
  18. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In fact, on a per 90 basis, last season was his best statistically while at Liverpool.
    upload_2022-7-27_12-49-23.png

19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    :eek:

A deal for Liverpool's Brazil forward Roberto Firmino is reportedly "very close" with the 30-year-old set for a move to Serie A side Juventus.

20. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I can't see Jurgen letting Bobby go right now with the start of the season almost upon us. Unless of course we have a suitable replacement lined up.

Suss repped this.
  21. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This.

22. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Bobby has also been playing with the first team in preseason. With Jota injured, it would put a hell of a lot of pressure on Darwin to hit the ground running. I was actually expecting Bobby to start the season in the first eleven with Darwin coming off the bench.

soccershaggy repped this.
  23. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    he seems to agree with you:
    "Bobby is crucial for us, he is the heart and soul of this team. Everything looks really good. He is essential for us."

24. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Do not sell Firmino. End.

25. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We’ve been quite good at keeping players who want to stay. I can see a reason for his wanting to move on being more playing time rather than money.

Wingtips1 repped this.