WE/PES fans views on Fifa '06

Discussion in 'Games' started by hala-cosmos, Nov 2, 2005.

1. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Just curious to see how WE/PES fans have reacted to this game if they've played it. I was thinking of at least giving it a try, since word is it has improved. (its all relative, im sure, since FIFA has been crap since '99)

anyway, persuade or dissuade me if you'd like to. lemme know whats up!

2. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    I still prefer PES for the simple reason that the player control is tighter and more responsive.

3. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I havent played it yet. The only good FIFA games were 99 and 2001. But I prefer WE because it is overall a much better game. Can't wait till WE9 comes to USA.

4. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I love WE, but I usually buy FIFA to settle my soccer-video game hunger until WE comes out. FIFA made improvements from last year, but it's just not the same. I don't like the gameplay, I don't like that you can't customize teams, and I can't emphasize more that I hate the gameplay. The players don't seem to play realistically, WE is MUCH more realistic...

5. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I haven't played my PS2 about a year, and suddenly I buy FIFA 06, PES5, and The Warriors in the space of three weeks. All good games too IMO.

Well since I have both PES5 and FIFA 06 I'll give my opinion, and I guess I'm a PES/WE fan since I view it better than FIFA 06'

FIFA 06 is good if your

1.) a casual gamer
    2.) prefer an easy game

FIFA 06 is definetely the best FIFA game since FIFA 98. And it a great game........IF you haven't played Pro Evolution Soccer 5.

It's good for what it is, it's got a Career Moder which is better than the PES Master League, and the commentary is a lot better than PES5. It also has far more licensed teams. But they are the only things it has over PES5.

graphics wise it's not as good as PES5, and gameplay wise it also isn't as good. Once you've played 20 games of FIFA 06 you've pretty much seen the whole game and it becomes boring and it's only worth playing multiplayer after that, but after 20 games of PES5 you still haven't even mastered it and multiplayer is far better.

The only ones who don't like PES5 are the ones who can't play the game or play the game just like PES4 (which has different gameplay).

FIFA also has far too many glitches, it's too easy, you have control of the ball for 80 minutes, and the AI scores off 1 chance (if it ever gets one). On PES, the AI is far more intelligent, harder to break down, it's harder to score, but it's also far more realistic. The ball actually feels and moves like a real ball in PES5.

My rating.....
    FIFA........... 8/10
    PES............ 9.5/10

I also heared that PRo Evolution Soccer 5 has become the fastest selling soccer game of all time in the UK and Europe. And it's currently number 1 in the charts for the second week running. FIFA 06' has moved up one to second. So in Europe everyone generally buying PES5.

6. DCFAN

DCFAN Member

Apr 5, 1999
    I bought WE8 when it came out around February and then bought FIFA 06 when it came out around October. I have already gone back to playing WE8. The players in WE8 look more like the true players in physique and facially. Also, the overall graphics are just better in WE8. In FIFA 06 I have noticed that is difficult to see whether a shot is on goal or not because of the depth perception provided by the graphics layout. The gameplay is definitely improved in FIFA 06 from previous versions, but it is simply not as fun or realistic as WE8 (or even WE7 for that matter). As in real life, in WE8 you have to build up to even get a shot from distance that has any hope , but in FIFA one can easily get a shot from 25-30 yards routinely. As has been said previously, the gameplay of FIFA becomes repetitive after playing the game 10 to 20 matches, but WE8 provides different scenarios in gameplay every time, and especially if you play against a team that plays an unusual formation. For example, playing in WE8 against Paraguay or Argentina is completely different than playing a team like Sweden because of the varied formations (e.g. a 3-5-2,3-4-3, or 4-4-2) and that keeps the game challenging and fresh because the player always must be able to adjust based on the opponent team and style.

I guess the main reason I find FIFA 06 worth considering is merely for the MLS teams for us MLS fans.
    WE8 is great for National teams since the players that are not included can be added in the edit mode and the attributes can be made fairly realistic. I still find it challenging to play the USA in five-star and there is a 6-star difficulty level if I ever need more challenge.

7. hala-cosmos

hala-cosmos Member

Apr 15, 2003
    This is one of the few reasons i considered picking up '06, theres just more teams to play with. That and EA claimed to have improved the gameplay. WE8 is kind of getting old at this point, but I'll wait around for WE9 instead of wasting money on EA games.