We need more color!

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by KCRulestheEast, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    honestly if it's needed yes my shed in the back yard could hold them.

2. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many sheds do you have?

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well since you asked, 25, but don't tell my wife. ;)

4. musean

musean Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Kansas City
    I have plenty of room for them in the garage or carport and am close enough to the stadium its not to difficult to get them if I cant make the match.

5. KCBearcat

KCBearcat New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Put me on record as not bein' real crazy about those new flags... course, part of that may have been the drunks behind me constantly hitting me in the face with them and also getting hit in the head with one of the poles...

6. afrei

afrei New Member

Sep 25, 2007
    I sat across from the Cauldron (Sect. 116) at the Galaxy game and was really impressed with the flags. I am planning on bringing a few friends and sitting in the Cauldron this Friday for the DC Game. GO WIZ!

ole ole ole ole ole ole ola. ole ole ole ole, Cada Dia te Quiero mas! Yo soy de Wizards. Es un sentimiento, no puedo parar.

7. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Nice. If you want on Friday, come introduce yourself at the tailgate in C10. There's 5$ all-you-can-eat food available, and if 21+, the occasional keg.

If you call Sam Pierron in the Wizards FO at 913-387-3413 sometime this week, he can hook you and your friends up with $10 Cauldron tickets.

8. afrei

afrei New Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Thanks for the info. I knew about the $10 dollar tix through Facebook and have taken advantage of that twice this year already. Mabye I'll swing by the tailgate on Friday, sounds like fun.
    I am a freshman at KU and had been a traditional American sports fan (i.e. no soccer) until Germany 06, when I watched every game of the World Cup and since then I have been hooked on the beautiful game, devoting a lot of time to learning about soccer, and watching most of the Wiz games this year (I have been to 4 so far (1 last season, 3 this season, twice in the cauldron)).
    Hopefully there are more people like me just getting interested in soccer, and the Cauldron can grow and attendance will increase. So far I have gotten 3 or 4 friends hooked as well.

Hopefully I'll meet some of you on Friday.
    -Anthony

9. afrei

afrei New Member

Sep 25, 2007
    I know this isn't really in the color topic, but it has to do with the Cauldron looking and sounding better. I found the words to two of the main chants from the Argentines online (they are chants used by Boca, River and other Argentine clubs). I find it hard to learn chants in another language unless I have the words to practice from. So if any of you are interested in chanting along in spanish here they are:

1)
    Wizards, mi buen amigo
    esta campaña volveremo a estar contigo
    te alentaremos de corazón
    esta es tu hinchada que te quiere ver campeón.
    No me importa lo que digan, lo que digan los demas
    yo te sigo a todas partes
    CADA VEZ TE QUIERO MÁS!

2)
    Ole, ole, ole , ole, ole, ole, ola
    ole, ole, ole, cada día te te quiero más
    yo soy de Wizards es un sentimiento
    que no puedo parar.

Both of these have pretty cool meanings. With my three years of high school spanish my attempt at a basic translation of these is:

1) Wizards, my good friend, this season I have come to be here with you. We encourage you in our hearts, this is your fan who longs to see you become champion. (this part i'm a little rough on translating) It doesn't matter to me what they say, what they say is useless, I understand all the parts,
    Every time I love you more.

2)ole ole ole ole ole ole ola. ole ole ole ole, Every day I love you more. I support the Wizards. It's a feeling I'm not willing to give up!

10. BrandonH13

BrandonH13 New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Overland Park
    Is the Cauldron tickets general admission? Im trying to get my cousin and his girlfriend to go with my wife and I. We have been to 4 games this season but all have been the family pack. We all would love to sit in the cauldron for the DC game, but my cousins girlfriend is pretty short so we would have to sit up a little so she could see.

11. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Yes the Cauldron is GA. You can get in with any ticket. I think you know this, but just to make sure we're clear, we don't ever sit in the Cauldron. If that's cool with your guests, try to get a place on the far right side of the section towards midfield. On the end of one of those aisles closer to the front would be great for a shorter person.

If you have problems, you can move farther up in the section without any hassle.

12. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good morning all...I have been off since the game and I haven't been able to see the computer (which is a rarity), all weekend but I just wanted to send out a HUGE THANX to szazzy and Houghtin ( I apologize if I misspelled the names), for the flags and letting me take home the flag that Jimmy Conrad signed for me...it is now hanging behind my desk with a picture of my daughter and I at one of the games. I and the people I brought were pleasently surprised to see the flags and waved them as much as we could!

I also wanted to say to all the people that were around me...you were great and welcomed my newcomers as one of your own!!! The Cauldron really showed true Kansas City Hospitality!!! We have made some new KC Wizards fans and possibly some new season ticket holders out of it!

Also if anyone has DVR'd or taped the game from ESPN or KCMetro sports...I woul dlike to havea copy...PM me and we can figure out a way to get it to me or whatever we need to do!

13. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa

i think the last part is more "i will follow you anywhere"

14. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of my coworkers speaks 5 languages fluently, and he teaches both English and Spanish as a Second Language. Last week I was talking with him in the break room and he said he understood where the difficulty is in getting two social groups onto the same page, but he really believes it would be pretty easy to teach us the lyrics so we can add our voice to theirs. He wants to take a crack at it at the tailgate, so we'll see. Sam, you may be getting a call from him for those $10 tickets too.

15. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    The tailgate is a crack free zone.