We Need Helpers in Section 8 Activities on 10/10

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by UltraCinek, Oct 9, 2003.

1. In order to run the events in Section 8 smoothly during the re-opener game on 10/10, we need at least 30 volunteers to help us with distribution of the stuff and other responsibilities.

We need 20 people to hold the table rolls, 10 people to hold the flags and at least 10 people to distribute stuff (flyers, streamers, etc.)--these may be the same ones who will later hold flags or rolls.

Whoever wants to help must show up early in front of Gate 0 (gates did not change since Old Soldier Field--remember the whole outside wall with gates was preserved as a landmark), at 6 PM at the latest, preferably around 5:30 PM in order for us to have time to educate you guys. You must also expect that you will be entering the stadium a good 1-1.5 hours before the game.

If Gate 0 becomes too crowded for some reason, we will move a little south towards the pedestrian walkway and the Barn Burners tailgate.

Marcin

P.S.
    Post here if you are interested in helping so I know who we can count on and worry a little less.

2. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    It is still sketchy what time I'll be able to make into the city but, if I am in the city at 6pm, I will be at Gate 0 to help out.

3. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Come on folks...

...you know I will be there.

4. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Marcin,
    Would it make more sense to actually meet up on top of the Waldron deck at the Barnburner tailgate since there should be a mass of people there already? That way if you need more volunteers there will be a group of people to choose from rather then hoping someone will show up at gate "0"

Also, Liam, you have a good plan for the march into the stadium? Perhaps you should explain what will be going on so people will be where they are suppose to be on time and know what gate they are going through etc.

5. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I'm gonna post a map on here and maybe print out a few flyers. Not sure yet. I'll also be sure to explain verbally as well, but the gist is this:

We're starting on the Waldron Parking Deck at the tg by 7:20 at the latest, proceeding en masse under Waldron Drive past Gate O down the west side of the stadium (nearest LSD) and in via the North entrance Memorial Waterwall tunnel. We will then walk on the 100 level concourse on the west side back to the south end to where 122 and 123 are, and this also enables anyone not in Section 8 to join up if they so wish to.

There may be a few flags and (maybe) the bass drum. Primarily though, it's going to be us singing all the way in. Should be very impressive even if we only get 1/4 of the Section 8 dwellers for Friday. In any case, be at the tg area by 7:20 if not sooner PLEASE.

6. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As it happens, I hold a PhD. in Stadium Antics from Oxford and a Master of Science degree in Team Support from Colgate University. I did my doctoral thesis on flagwaving and its effect on the crowd. At the University of Chicago, I currently am Professor of Hooliganism Arts and Sciences. I teach the following courses: Hooliganism 101 (Introduction to Hooliganism), Hooliganism 203 (Creative Hooliganism), Chanting 323 (Go v. Gol: a Search for the Truth), and Chanting 102 (A Short, Short, Short, Short Introduction to the Chanting Vocabulary of Chicago).

Perhaps, Mr. U. Cinek, it is not you who should be doing the educating here!

7. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    [​IMG]

Route for the walk in.

8. Yes, correction--the helpers will meet at the BB tailgate on top of the Waldron Parking Structure. The Ultras will be tailgating there as well.