We need a new striker!!!!

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Sep 23, 2003.

1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Why do you all want to sell two of our best players, come on?! Saviola is a great players but he needs to play more. He is a player which shouldnt be sell at all, atleast in order that player wouldnt play for a rival club.
    Riquelme, he play superbly for Villarreal. He can still play the football, come on. He didnt play well last year becouse he played almost as defesive midfielder not as creative more attacking midfielder. He and Ronnie together are players that every coach would want to have in his team. Once FR find a way that bouth players could play together Barca will be unstopable!!! (I hope Riquelme will be back next season) If Figo, Zidane and Beckham can play together in Real I dont know why couldnt Roman and Ronnie!!!!

2. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the problem is that FR is so fricking in love with his "system" that he will not change it to utilize the unique skills that our players have.

When life hands you lemons

Make Lemonade

Don't try and turn them into Oranges

They are Lemons baby, not oranges

and Lemonade is good (especially with some vodka)

I would love to see a field with Ronnie, Roman, Saviola on it....

3. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Rijkaard looked at the squad and decided upon this system or if he just said "We're playing this way, or no way"

Rijkaard should've been able to find a way to get Saviola + Kluivert on the pitch together. That is his problem, has he even watched Old Barca matches under Van Gaal and Antic?

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    FR is an ass, that's it, he would be able to get together a holding pair of midfielders and use the wingers, then and only then we'll see two strikers, hell he could even use Ronnie as forward and not as AM! as for the CM he could choose between Xavi, Motta, Cocu (yes Cocu IS a midfielder!) Gerard and Iniesta.

5. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whichever the system, Barca will be rebuilt come this summer and the next. Barca's future hedges on Laporta and Rijkaard directly, poor system or not.