We need a new striker!!!!

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    loooolll :p you're right about the wages and his performance!

2. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering how many goals he's unscored lately he'd owe Barca some money in punitive damages.

3. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Chelsea sell players

I sow on web that Chelsea offer Hasselbaink to clubs. I know he is old, ... but what do you think?
    I think Abramovic wont want much for him. It would be even better if we could get him on loan. Barca board said that there will be no more signing in january. This might be a chance to get a good striker until end of the year if Kluvert leaves Barca. The problem and question is if Chelsea would loan him, they would probably rather sell him.
    He is a striker with some experience from Spain and could be useful in this difficult times for us.

4. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Swap Kluivert for JFH and be done w/ it. Chelsea has the money. Let Kluivert earn his way onto a team. JFH is in Form. A move to Spain hopefully wouldn't hurt him..

5. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kluiv really must leave, if only so that Saviola will have to play because Barca seem to forget that he is only 20... he has 10-12 years left at peak physical condition but the sit him on the bench, he wont take much more of it, piss him off now and he may become to Barca what Babe Ruth is to the Red Sox.

6. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    you're right, I guess FR now realized how wrong he was sitting him on the bench

7. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I agree too. We will see how much will Kluivert play. BTW, when does Kezmans contract expire, I sow on net in 2005 (but it might be mistake), how can we get him for free then?!

8. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can't. Only unless PSV really really want his salary off the books. We could have him free in January or February of 2005 and he'd join after the season, but that's still 2 years away. and Awful lot could go wrong.

9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Forget that, get Miroslav, I know, I know, you are trying to get away from the long ball and aerial forwards but he can do it with his feet as well and he should be effective either as a partner to Saviola or alone... his wages will also be cheaper.

Barca's problem is not personnel... it is managment, commit to playing 2-3 forwards set your formation and starters and stick to it, the swapping and changing constantly is not helping the team. Talentwise Barca is 3rd in La Liga behind Real Madrid and Real Madrid. Time to show it...

10. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    When did you watch Barca for the last time?! Last year they play with two strikers, this year Rijkaard play with only one striker. Klose as the only striker will be a disaster!!! Besides, he is the same type of player as Kluivert is, more forward as striker (better in way to get a ball and pass it to your team mate in attack-but for this we have now Ronnie, Quaresma, LE21, Luis Garcia)-> we need more a truly striker, someone who will put the ball behind the net , but we already discus that.

11. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besides, the best young striker in Germany is Kuranyi

12. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes you need, Van Nistelroy, Vieri, or Makaay, well, you are not going to get them, but in the mean time, what happens after you sell Kluivert and Saviola gets injured? who will you start. Wage wise, and transfer budget wise Klose would be a steal. I believe he is a competent finisher with his feed (is that plural for food?) its just that he is sooo good with his head that his other skills get over looked. I do see your point however about not needing to play 2 strikers.

It was foolish of me to question Barca's tactics this season, the team has no problems scoring and has been doing ever so well.

13. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I do agree with you about some problems if someone get an injury. The question is, will Klose want to go to barca?!

I found an interestng article about Postiga (how did he play last year for Porto)

Barcelona keen on loan deal for Tottenham's Postiga
    tribalfootball.com - October 31, 2003

Barcelona are interested in taking Tottenham striker Helder Postiga on-loan for the second-half of the season.
    European clubs have been alerted to reports that Spurs are seeking to offload the Portuguese youngster.

14. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Tottenham management must be completely stupid. Why buy a player and then not play him? I hope the Spurs do loan Postiga to Barca, I don't see why he wouldn't want to play for Barca alongside Quaresma but he'd have a better chance of actually playing I think.

15. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    The Spurs management probably don't play him for the same reason that the Barça management don't play Rustu. He may not be settling in well to his new surroundings and/or he may be on the gaffer's s*** list. Who knows.

A loan deal would be a good option. Barça definitely need some reinforcements up top. He may be a good fit too, as it seems like the younger players on the roster are geting into the first team over vets like Luis Enrique and Overmars.

16. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    beat me to the punch!

17. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok,well the Tottenham manager was actually sacked so...the manager is already an idiot. But don't compare him to Rijkaard. and Rustu wasn't bought he was signed for free.

Tottenham paid a fee for Postiga... Put confidence in the lad and help him settle. jeez..that's a waste of money. We coulda bought him... :rolleyes:

18. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    fixed your post

19. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Great job Mario, well done. But somehow is difficult to play all the players becouse there is room only for 11. But I do agree that Marquez should play once he was bought, at least in away games, where defence is imortant (not to get 3 goals ). And Rustu, as far as I read in web (I didnt watch the last game yet) Valdes play very well, so there is the same who is a goalkepper (the cleaverest thing is to get players for free, you can sold them and get money anytime you want if you dont like them anymore-dont understand me wrong, I dont want to sell Rustu!!! I would once actualy like see him playing)

20. chrisc

chrisc New Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Rustu was signed by the club before Rijkaard if I'm not mistaken, so it's not like Rijkaard requested his presence. Whether he was bought or not doesn't really have anything to do with playing time/performance. Just because Spurs paid good money for Helder doesn't mean he's assured a spot in the first team. Clubs waste money all the time. Some are just better at it than others ;)

I'm not comparing Hoddle or Pleat to FR either. What I'm getting at is that certain players don't end up settling into certain environments no matter how good they are (Rebrov at Spurs anyone? How about any Spanish player who's moved to Italy). Also, managers sometime inherit players they don't want or don't fit into their plans as they often don't have the final say as to who is transferred into the club. Sure, it's early for the jury to be out on either player, but there may be a reason(s) why they aren't first team regulars.

Either way, a loan deal for Postiga won't happen anyway as players can't be loaned or transferred to another country twice in one season.

21. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems like Rustu will be sold which is a shame, but probably for financial reasons. But who would take him? Rustu has no time for backup roles. Maybe an English team needs a better keeper...

22. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    the more $$$, the merrier! :D

23. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems the Tevez news has Mario bouncing off the walls...

24. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    you'll believe me when you see it, he's THA SHeeT!

25. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its not that I don't believe you..but I mean..its so far off and we are so much indebt.