We need a new striker!!!!

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by krazbo, Sep 23, 2003.

1. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
  2. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rijkaard will adjust his tactics if Kluivert goes to the Magpies w/ out a new striker in.
    Rijkaard will get this 4-2-3-1 crap out of his system and play 2 strikers.

My main problem is How Rijkaard is using LE21. I can't explain it. Its like LE21 fits into different roles but then..he doesn't play that role. Rijkaard keeps redefining want he wants done. Just pick a system and go to it.

I think against Puchov, LE21 should be a sub. I'm not knocking him..but let's try a more attacking form at HOME. More blind aggression, less tactical concern.

3. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    I couldnt have said it better.

4. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Rijkaard should decide where LE21 will play and keep him there. Not move him around LE21 can play almost any attacking position and sometimes maybe even Left back (LOL!)

Maybe Rijkaard should try LE21 at left back or something..

I don't like LE21 playing conservative football. Rijkaard seems to be limiting LE21 by continually moving him to different attacking positions.

5. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Perhaps LE21 should play with Ronnie as central attacking midfielder with Saviola ahead of them as a striker and only one defensive midfielder. So Rijkaard could alsow play with Quaresma and Overmars on the flanks. We have strong defence with 4 players in line, so it might work in attack and defence.

6. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
  7. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    ----------FWD

---------AM AM------------

LW--------------------------RW

-------------DM

--LB--------CB---CB----------RB

--------------GK

looks good on paper (AND playing locals, visiting would be SUICIDE! )

8. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    For visiting game is system 4231 the best, it is hard to recieve a goal and is great for counter attacks

9. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So are we agreement that Barca needs a Destroyer and a striker. Barca have to make a Kuranyi move to me.

I know they aren't linked w/ him but they need an excellent scorer. Maybe if Andriy Shevchenko doesn't resign w/ Milan. He's kinda Injury prone but so is Kluivert.

10. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Sheva is non EU player, so it is the same as South American strikers.

11. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    yep, he is ucranian

12. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damned EU. WTH isn't UKraine apart of it. Dammit, Italy is going to take all of the Non-EU talent because they have no such regulation or limit. They were thinking of adding one, but it didn't pass yet I guess.

13. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    get one of the bayern munich fowards
    either roque or pizarro or adriano

14. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,1066646,00.html

Newcastle turn their thoughts to Kluivert

Michael Walker at the Riverside Stadium
    Monday October 20, 2003
    The Guardian

On a day which, superficially, was all about the excellence of Newcastle's goalkeeper Shay Given, the most significant issue concerned the strikers.
    Steve McClaren has bought Massimo Maccarone, Malcolm Christie and Michael Ricketts to Boro in the past 14 months but they continue to struggle, with only seven goals to show from nine Premiership games.

Newcastle have Alan Shearer, Craig Bellamy and Shola Ameobi. But with Bellamy injured and difficult to handle - "we don't know the story with Craig," said Given - and Ameobi not yet proven despite his match-winner, Newcastle's chairman Freddy Shepherd was in Barcelona on Saturday rather than on Teesside.

Shepherd cannot be faulted for that selection but if, as is suggested, he went to see Patrick Kluivert, the journey was a fruitless one. The Dutchman was injured and played no part in Barca's 2-0 defeat by Deportivo La Coruña.

A deal, however, could be past the post anyway and Shepherd may have been in confirmation mode. Kluivert is liked by Barcelona's Dutch manager Frank Rijkaard but is seen as dispensable. Wages of £60,000 a week should deter but Newcastle may be attracted by a buy-out clause reducing the fee to €1.8m (about £1.25m).

Kluivert's age - he was 27 in July - means he would be viewed as Shearer's immediate partner and his long-term successor. The captain may well retire at the end of this season and, perhaps revealingly, started studying for a coaching badge in the past fortnight.

Planning is clearly afoot. Newcastle spent the first six weeks of the season losing and drawing but have now won two in a row, both 1-0. They go to Fulham tomorrow heartened. A third consecutive win and they would be contending confidently for the race to fill fourth place.

But that is an assumption too far just now. Had Boro bought Kevin Phillips in the summer, and the Riverside was his destination of choice, they would have secured the three points by half-time.

Instead Szilard Nemeth and Malcolm Christie squandered the best chances. Given saved Nemeth's clipped effort with his body and his speed off the line pressured Christie into knocking an inswinger over from six yards.

Along the way Given also made reflex saves from Gaizka Mendieta - who had a fine hour - and Franck Queudrue, who whacked a shot on to the crossbar. "If we'd beaten Newcastle we would have been in the top half of the table; everyone would have been talking about a magnificent performance and a magnificent win," lamented McClaren.

There was not even the consolation of losing to a great goal. After Gary Speed had bundled a Shearer knock-back into the area, two defenders slipped, leaving Ameobi to swivel.

Boro won 8-2 on corners; Newcastle may just have turned a metaphorical one.

15. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please come take him and his salary Please Sir Bobby!

16. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I will not believe until I see with my own eyes!!!!

17. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    PK9, get the hell out of hereeeeeeee!!!!!!!

18. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok..wth Mario...why are u shouting at everything?!

19. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    because Im mad at FR and FCB's management for being STUPID!

20. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh you are....Line starts around the corner.

21. 18214

18214 New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    new jersey

You're a pompus jacka$$!

22. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I agree with you, thats something I will never understand-Barcas management?!

23. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you mean Barca's Mismanagement.

24. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well its come down to this. Kluivert and his agent will sit down w/ Sandro Rosdell and Bergistrain to talk about his future. Hopefully we will get his salary off the books. Or they'll release him on a free in January or something will happen. Either way, Kluivert may get a few more starts to see if he's still fit and also to help boost interest in him. Maybe this will motivate Kluivert to find the back of the net because he wants to go to London.

25. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Whatever will take, Kluivert MUST just start scoring and saving Barca or he can go. And he should cut his wage and get some money based on performance (I think here will Barca economize a lot!!!!)