We need a new Chivas forum!!!

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by masterchiva, Aug 2, 2003.

1. masterchiva

masterchiva New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Dallas
    OK guys the announcement has already been made and like or not one of the expansion teams will be Chivas USA. Since we are already part of the league don't you think we deserve our own team forum too?

Sure, the team might not start playing until 2005 but that's not stopping us from trying to build one of the strongest supporter groups in the US.

AWANTE CHIVAS!!!
    AWANTE LEGION 1908!!!

Sincerely,
    Master_Chiva
    http://www.chivasmls.com

2. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    What I heard announced was that Chivas was going to operate a franchise, that does not necessarily mean start an expansion team...hasn't SJ been on the market for an operator for a while?

3. masterchiva

masterchiva New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Dallas
    Chivas owner Jorge Vergara specifically stated that he will operate a new MLS franchise at a city to be determined. He will not be taking over any of the existing MLS teams. The new expansion cities will be unveiled in November according to Don Garber.

This was made official last Friday.

4. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I highly doubt it'll be called Chivas USA. And if it is, my support for MLS may end.

Prof

5. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    They'll just be called Chivas.

And, every fan of MLS will hate them..

And, they will be the 96-00 Clash and finish LAST every season, BECAUSE the team will be a Chivas farm team...

MLS is totally fvcking up on this one.

6. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr. Chiva, why not Dallas Burn ?

7. masterchiva

masterchiva New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Dallas
    I have been an MLS supporter since it started in 96 and I went to almost all the Burn games on the first season. However, the Burn has always lacked passion, desire and players you can identify with. I have distanced myself from the team ever since. This year I gave them another shot on opening day and the stadium was so craptacular that I promised myself not to return again until they move to Southlake.

Chivas on the other hand, has always been my favorite team and you bet me and many others will support them in MLS. I know it will be a completely different team from the real Chivas but I don't care, is all about the red, white and blue (And I don't mean the US flag)

We are determined to create a true soccer atmosphere at MLS stadiums because right now the atmosphere at games is very boring... this is not golf people!

8. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I too support Guadalajara. I just never understand how come people never support their home teams. I follow 4 teams very closely, however the Quakes are my home team and I'll support them regardless of the attendance (the lowest in the league) or how bad of a run they've had. Believe me, they had some pretty bad years. Good luck to your expansion team and keep the faith in Dallas. They need you.

9. PissOffThen

PissOffThen New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Greeley, CO
    I'm not sure that MLS is fvcking the pooch on this one. Creating a team that will have "immense" support from the Hispanic population is a good business move. It also creates a team that current MLS fans (Mainly in Dallas, Colorado, LA, and San Jose) will loath. Rivalry is good no matter how you put it.

10. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Why should an ownership group's origen make ANY difference in your support for soccer?

Don't let the door hit you in the arse...

11. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As for the name....Chivas USA is incredibly stupid.
    It is not a "USA" team....that is the part that would annoy me....it'd be pandering....the team should at least halfway be representative of it's own damn city, no matter where it is...

As for the topic of the thread....don't you think it'd be smart to wait until a city is named and everything is confirmed officially by MLS? We've all seen expansion talk delayed and changed and nixed these last few years. As soon as that happens THEN there should be a forum created...

12. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ppl are calling it that b/c the only thing that is "guaranteed" is that there will be a franchise in this country. When it gets a sede, then it will be Chivas San Diego, Chivas San Antonio, etc.

13. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    That's it! I've had with this hate Chivas crap.

Even though I root for Pumas in Liga Mexicana, I'm going to buy a Chivas USA (or whatever they'll be called) jersey and flaunt it around Giants Stadium.

If I'm hassled, believe me, I won't be the one left laying in his own squalor in a Giants Stadium men's room.

14. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Right. Because you, being such a tough guy, are going to take on numerous Metro fans and come out on top.

15. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    god do we ever need an official forum...

16. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think you are right on that one!!! LOL

17. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I think we need an official announcement that the club will be in San Diego. And hopefully it will not be called Chivas because that's a crappy name!

18. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

This coming from a person whose favorite teams are the "Crew" and the "Sockers".

19. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figures a sarcastic/rude remark would come from a person in New York.

20. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Oh, please.

As far as names go, I suppose "Wizards" is a brilliant nickname? Or names in honor of disasters, such as "Earthquakes" or "Fire"?

21. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ?

22. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    What's with the question mark? You said Chivas was "a crappy name." I gave you a few others. They won't be alone in that department.

23. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your "Oh, please" sort of threw me off...

24. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I made that comment in relation to the old bull about New Yorkers being rude.

25. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    75% of the time it's true though! haha