We got United in the Carling Cup

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Rick B, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Bloody great, another trip to Old Trafford..... Joy oh joy.....

2. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    BRING IT! When is this?

3. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    our kids vs THEIR FIRST TEAM!! bring it~

4. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Arsenal have been drawn away to Manchester United in the Quarter-Final of the Carling Cup.

The remainder of the ties are listed below. They will be played on November 30 or December 1

Carling Cup Quarter-Final draw

Watford v Portsmouth
    Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool
    Fulham v Chelsea
    Manchester Utd v Arsenal

5. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    So I take it your coming to this one then?!!!

6. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    oh joy. should be an interesting game. hope the youngsters just play like they have been playing

7. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    wegner is not playing kids in this one. trust me

8. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

I trust you, I know that Wenger will play the kids though.... :rolleyes:

9. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    They better win. I hate to think I'll lose my av over a Carling Cup match.

10. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Right. Because we need to risk more first team injuries seeing as how this competition is our best chance for a trophy. It's all so obvious.

11. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I hope the kids play and kick ass.

maybe the Utd fans will do something dumb like bring soup into the match and throw it on the field and then have to forfiet the game.

12. Jen87Roo

Jen87Roo New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Dirty Bean
    To all of you Arsenal fans:

Rooney safe...by a miracle
    Wayne Rooney had an amazing escape yesterday after his car was rammed by a 23-TON truck. The Manchester United ace was on his way to training when the lorry ploughed into his £40,000 Cadillac Escalade. Burly Rooney, 19, clambered out of the 4x4 shocked but unscathed.
    Guy Patrick, The Sun

As you know from experience, he's unbeatable.

:p

13. canadagooner

canadagooner Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    actually he was driving a left hand drive cadillac Monster truck, if he'd been in a right hand drive vehicle, he would have been on the same side as the collision......................

14. canadagooner

canadagooner Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Fates are at it again

15. Jen87Roo

Jen87Roo New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Dirty Bean
    Yeah I did read that actually, just poking fun. But he definitely contribute to United's win over Arsenal in the Carling Cup tie. Watch.

16. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    I hope wenger plays the youngins (as he will) just so Lupoli can keep adding to that goal list... :D

2-1 arse

17. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surely there's no reason to play the first team in this competition? Why would we risk injury and put the squad through the mental and emotional ringer of another bitter trip to Old Tramshed (just learned that one!:)), when we have bigger fish to fry? Save the first team for the league, the CL, and the FA Cup -- that's more than enough matches to wear them down right there.

18. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Good tie, REVENGE!!!!!

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Let's beat those punks. I know this is a worthless tournament, IMHO, but hey....it's still one more trophy!

20. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is NOT a worthless tournament. It is a legitimate domestic cup competition. People getting blase about this competition really irritate me. When our time comes around again to be mediocre, you'll appreciate it then!

21. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm in total agreement. Ya, now things are going good, we are the holders in the League, and we have progressed in the FA Cup and CL, but a trophy is a trophy. I'm not saying we should go to OT and start our best 11, but I disagree with the thinking that this is a worthless tournament, if for no other reason it gets our bench players a run-out. And if we win, we get a TROPHY.

22. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our young'uns have been holding there own with mid-table teams in the competition so why should this match be any different? I see that Saha finally managed to find the net in their Carling Cup match yesterday. I swear that they spent about 85 minutes in the Mac City half of the pitch on Sunday and still could not put one in the net. Especially Saha. I say give the young'uns a chance-an even better chance for them to shine and show the talent off.

23. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Both managers have come out and stated they will continue to play with the same teams who have got the clubs this far in the tournament.

IMO, this is a good thing. With two effectively new teams on the pitch (ie no 1st 11 starters) there should not be the same animosity and personal histories etc playing in to affect the spirit of the game.

With any luck we'll get a great game of youthful talent and no bad feeling - should help clear the air somewhat between the clubs before the tie in February.

Looking forward to it (and, as much as I hate to say it, you guys should start as marginal favourites based on recent Cup performances)

24. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, first off, our kids are playing well and will have FAR more motivation than Man Utd's starters. I'd love to see our kids play their kids, though, sort of a battle for the future.

Besides, if we lose, I'll flame you as being some sort of ignorant southern redneck wannabe (since we're still debating whether Texas is part of the south) and you can flame me back as being a superintelligent, suave, sophisticated eastern Liberal. Then you'll get a card and you won't be able to change your avatar...