We got that Arab Money - Transfer Talk 2011-2012

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Vitez, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm reading the story and confused by it as I have to use a translator. Have they signed permanently or are they still on trial because the last sentence says in my translator: "The two men will continue training with her club, but will continue to be seen by scouts is currently leading the club in the Premiership." - which makes it sound like they are still on trial and maybe have just been given permission to play/train.

2. bhnogomet1

bhnogomet1 Red Card

Oct 6, 2011
    banned
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    Its confusing, I think they've signed.

3. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    They've signed.

4. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pending work permits? It's very hard for non-established internationals to get work permits here, a lot of clubs have to farm out youth players to get them like Belgian passports or until they become full internationals.

5. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Chilean midfielder David Pizarro(Roma/ITA) would be the new player, only for the next 6 months.

6. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, he's in Manchester now and has been granted a work permit. Will be cover for Yaya but don't think he can play in the Europa League for us - did he play for Roma in the competition?

Young defender Frederic Veseli on the verge of joining United. United now poaching our 8th choice defender, oh dear, haha.

7. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No, he didn't. He was injured in august 2011 so he didn't play against Slovan Bratislava.

8. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]
    Another starlet signed, 15-year-old Brazilian Gabriel Almeida signed from our Europa League opponents Sporting. He is said to have "enormous talent" and has been compared to Diego Maradona, Zinedine Zidane and Kaka.

Photo of him with Vieira and another young new signing Martin Samuelsen on his blog: http://gabrielmoraisdealmeida.blogspot.com/

In addition to our local talent, we've added around 6 very highly rated 15-16 year olds from around the world lately, the most high profile being Jose Pozo, the star of Real Madrid's academy.

9. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Crewe's England U17 schoolboy Dan Smith is to join City for £300,000, rising with add-ons. Smith is considered one of England's standout talents in his age group and City have been chasing the young midfielder for well over a year now. An incredible quality of teenage footballing talent is being assembled at the City academy, well in line with the plans to cut spending and produce our own talent. And this is before England's first Grade 1 academy facility and what could be England's answer to La Masia is built near the stadium.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs-dcm1zE98"]Manchester City's proposed Youth Development and First Team training centre - YouTube[/ame]

10. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The transfer gossip is out in force, especially with the anti-City/pro-United English media smelling blood after us losing our chance of winning the league.

The latest rumours and my opinions (all assuming Mancini says, if Mourinho took over I'd revise several of my opinions):

Aguero to Real Madrid for Higuain + £8million = bollocks I say, Aguero is settled in Manchester despite whatever myths the media may spread, he even likes the cold weather. As he's our most reliable forward and with the possibility the others could leave, the club won't sanction this.

Balotelli to Serie A = could see it but only if we get a good offer, otherwise Mancini will persist with him as every manager has a vanity project and at least this one has talent even if his attitude is annoying.

Dzeko to somewhere = could see this happening to make way for a big name new striker, he has never fully settled and our system doesn't really suit him well. So unless the system is altered to benefit him I don't think we'll ever get the best out of him.

Tevez to somewhere = yeah, despite being on decent terms with the club again I don't think Mancini will ever fully trust him again nor will the fans after what he did. However if we don't get a suitable offer again in the summer he might have to stay.

De Jong to somewhere = yeah, I think we've outgrown his style and we need a true all-rounder in midfielder like Martinez, De Rossi, or Vidal. NDJ has played his part in the rise of City but offers too little now I think.

Savic to Serie A = while loaning him out might have long-term benefits as he has potential, The Independent says we could get our money back if we answer some inquiries from Italy and if that is true I would cut our losses and sell him. We have a 17-year-old Karim Rekik who already looks better.

Kolarov to Serie A = he is a frustrating player as he can be dangerous going forward and has a nice cross but can't defend well at all and the first job of a left-back is to defend. But he seems to be our only danger from out wide at the moment which, unless we get a couple of good wingers, I'd be reluctant to let him go.

He isn't being linked with a move away right now but Adam Johnson would be one of the first out of the door for me. Lazy, lethargic, can't see to beat his marker 9 times out of 10, we need real wingers as they seem to be the only thing Premier League defences have no answer for as United have shown. God knows why they don't assign men to players like Valencia instead of giving him acres of space to cross from every time but English football has a lot of tactically naive managers which is why United's style has worked so well this season in the league but not in Europe.

11. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We're favourites to sign Hazard according to The Independent. Hazard's main priority is playing time over good wages but we'll be able to offer both. According to the article we've implied to Hazard that he'll basically have his choice of wing and play regularly as our only winger Adam Johnson is mediocre so Hazard would be our only high quality winger.

Hazard, Martinez, and Cavani or Higuain or Van Persie would be a great summer and we could still make a net profit with all the players set to leave. Think these and maybe one or two other lower profile signings to fill the voids of so many leaving the club could be enough to win us the league next season.

12. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want RVP less for his skill set and more out of spite.

Gooners cheering for another United title. What a f***ing world we live in.

13. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Little concerned if Hazard's top priority is playing time, we do have a rotation process in place and to be fair so does all other clubs battling in 3-4 competitions. Dont want to see drama where he comes and then complains of playing once every 10 days or coming off each game he starts, etc.

Also any word on what we may do with Guidetti? 19 goals in 20 league apps in Holland, surely we have to take a closer look at the kid next season especially with the possibility only one of the four may still be around by August.

14. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    More kids arriving.

Signed: Austrian U17 striker Sinan Bytyqi who impressed hugely on trial.

On trial: Hungarian U17 international twins Gergely and David Bobal. Gergely is called the "Hungarian Cristiano Ronaldo", heh heh. :D

Wanted: France U16 captain Jules Ntcham who is considered the most promising French youngster of his generation. Stiff rivalry for him from Arsenal, Inter, and others but City hope Patrick Vieira can get him here.

City remain determined to recruit the world's best young talent and many highly promising kids have already arrived. Marco Lopes who we signed from Benfica is especially making a huge impression and has been promoted to the under-18s. Gabriel Almeida, who has drawn comparisons to Kaka in Brazil, is a star of our under-16s. The future vision of the club is to have youths of such a high standard they can break through, cutting the need to spend so much.

One of our locals Ashley Smith-Brown, a left-back for the under-16s, is wanted by Barcelona, Arsenal, and Chelsea, showing that in the midst of this recruitment drive we also still have the talented English kids.

15. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Eden Hazard's agent was at the Wolves game and Vieira watched another great performance by him for Lille against PSG tonight. We're also interested in their young left-back Digne and bringing him in as Clichy's understudy and a replacement for Kolarov, so could be a double raid on Lille.

16. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hazard was at the Etihad last night, it's unknown why or if there were talks but the signs look good. :)