We can still win the league!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by fitz06, Dec 5, 2005.

1. fitz06

fitz06 New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Manchester, England
    Yes yes yes
    you guys are probably thinking i'm crazzy!!!
    but the blue scum can slip up in the 2nd half of the season, like we did in 2002-03.
    the red scums from manchester wont win it, the scousers and spurms are just flirting with the big teams, they wont win ******** this season,
    iv got a really great feeling about arsenal this season we'll raise some eyebrows and make critics doubt themselves.

2. carw2005

carw2005 New Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Herts, UK

YES confidence thats what i like!!

:eek: A Gooner living in Manchester?!

3. JCGooner

JCGooner New Member

Jul 29, 2004

Maybe I'm a glass half empty type of guy but I just don't see it...

4. billyho96

billyho96 Member

Aug 16, 2003
    Arkansas
    we can still win the league.........just not this season

5. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Rubbish. If you don't believe we have a shot of closing 14 pts in a league that still has 72-odd points left to play for the you underestimate the volitile nature of the sport. Even the most expensive teams can and will go into slumps. Real Madrid not so very long ago, spring to mind.

I never ever discount the league until there are no longer enough points left to actually win. Sure im not so myopic to admit the ever decreasing probability of it happening, but im damned if im gonna give up before we have even played half our games.

6. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dave M is speaking the truth!

7. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    quitter!

:p

Dave M said it best...

8. carw2005

carw2005 New Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Herts, UK
    Yip, he did! :cool:

9. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly.

10. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Like Wenger said, the problem is not Chelsea, it is Arsenal. Can they beat Bolton, Chelsea, Pool, ManU, Spurs etc? Can they beat any decent side in the league?

11. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Bolton - Recent history suggests we lose at their ground, but we will beat them at home.

Chelsea - Were lucky to get more than a draw against us on their turf, with an in form Henry and v. Persie I would expect to do them at home - Broken Left Backs not withstanding of course

Pool - Sure, whos gonna score for them

ManU - Im in the North Bank for that game so superstition dictates we cant lose.

Spurs - Again recent history suggests a draw at the Lane, a win at home. One half of that has already come to pass.

12. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Suppose you win those and still lose three games to Brom, Boro, and New Castle. Where do you stand? besides history don't set foot on the pitch.

13. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    something reeks of soy sauce.

14. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    with a tuna phish sandwhich.

15. billyho96

billyho96 Member

Aug 16, 2003
    Arkansas
    Last year Chelsea set a record for points and this year they have only dropped points in 2 matches..........2.................

Arsenal shouldn't take it badly, second place is well within our site, if fact it is minimal expectation for many. We are not the club with the run of third place finishes. Even if we won all of the rest of our games dropping no points at all, Chelsea would still need to drop eight points, after a loss to us in two weeks, the rest of the league is down and they have already played the big clubs away.

Victory in the FA CUP
    Victory in the CL
    Kids to Victory in the CC, (this throphy is becoming important)

I still believe.

16. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004

Very very well put. rep.

17. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    oh shut it, you twat.

with half the season still left to play, i can't believe all you spazzo's are already conceding defeat. typical.

hey guys, i know you missed me. ;)

18. billyho96

billyho96 Member

Aug 16, 2003
    Arkansas
    nice to have you back ;)

19. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    Somebody here who believes we still have something to play for and that the season isn't over yet?!?! :eek:

20. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think MT is just angry about your avatar, he's never been on the other side of those gates. It must piss him off to know that you've been to more games this season than he has in his entire life. ;)

21. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    take it from her billy, she knows.

22. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gosh MT, i was at about 5 games this year, I met just about every Arsenal fan on the board. Strangely, i didn't see you there, I wonder why? :rolleyes: :D

23. Gooner_for_Life

Oct 26, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forget that these results are acceptable in past years when everyone lost points at certain fixtures. Chelsea have obviously stepped up the pace and we arn't keeping up (along with everyone else) nor did we last year. Also as i recall last year Manure owned us in both games, which made me nearly cry. Im not a pessimist just a realist.