We can Do It

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cristiano_007, Sep 18, 2004.

1. cristiano_007

cristiano_007 Member

Jun 6, 2004
    The CL after seeing Ruud score those goals we can he's back.

2. Sinter

Sinter New Member

Oct 12, 2003
    New York City, U.S.A
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely and now with Rio coming back and Rooney soon ready to make his United debut, we're gonna have some serious firepower.

3. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    It is going to take some good performances for us to win the CL . But I seriously think we can win it . I mean we have a strong squad, Rio is back missing only 1 Cl game . It is possible!

4. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    How many points were we down when we last won the title? Hmmm 10 comes to mind and we made it. So I'd rather the Reds get their injuries and lineup settled now before we head in the serious money time for the CL and the league. Some players might be past their form and this is the time to get that taken care of.

Even if we don't win the title, I hope OT just becomes what it almost always has been a terrible place to earn points for opposing teams.

5. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's still too early for that kind of talk, since pretty much anyone still has a shot. More than anything, I just want to see the return of that Manchester United. The team that causes their opponents to get the shakes before the match even starts. The team that attacks early and often, and hardly gives the other team a chance to get started, let alone to win. It's been nearly a year since we put that fear into the hearts of others. We need to get everyone healthy and match-fit to see the real Manchester United. Then we can talk about getting our trophy back.

6. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    Hear hear.

7. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    I completely agree. We need that hunger and spririt again. I think Ruud and Rio will bring it !

8. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    The three R's are gonna save us...Rooney, Rio, and Ruud

9. BillyManutd

BillyManutd New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC
    Agree they will help improve the way we have been playing and complement the fourth R... Ronaldo.

10. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    No mention of Roy? Times do change, don't they.

I think Rio, Ruud and Ronaldo will be more influential than Roo, but Smith and Rooney will also be important. Others who will be of immense help: Heinze, GNev, Saha and eventually Howard.

But key to the season are Rio, Ruud and Ronaldo.

11. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    oh of course how could i forget ronaldo

12. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    >It's been nearly a year since we put that fear into the hearts of others.

Couldn't agree more. However I would suggest it's nearer three years - we began to lose that fear when we tried to fit Veron into the midfield and the descent into negative football started.

We often talk about clawing our way back to the Premiership two seasons ago but it's also forgotten that we played some pretty dire stuff to do so. It was percentage football and was not based on playing other teams off the park.

We need to get back to aggressive, flair football!