"We Believe"

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by San Jose Earthquakes, Nov 18, 2003.

1. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love this quote:

Classic.

2. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    When L-Do scored that winning goal, I spilled bong water all over the floor, I dropped my pitcher of beast ice, I crapped my pants, I started to cry, and I became a man. All in the same moment.

3. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Well I hate to see what you'll do when the Quakes win the Cup this weekend. ;)

4. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah...tears all over again!

I noticed, however, that Cowboy's comments following the last game had been edited. The part about having "balls of a bull" was left out. :D

5. Ylime

Ylime New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Iowa
    So did the people (person?) who put up the 'We Believe' sign win the games? ;) I mean afterall I've read numerous quotes saying that the sign is something that really pushed the players to keep playing. :D

6. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. It was the fans who did it all. That's why we're all going to LA, so we can win another match.

7. lgsoccerchic66

lgsoccerchic66 New Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Los Gatos
    Everyone should bring "We Believe" signs to the game...how inspiring would that be?

8. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn!!!:(

9. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    I almost cried listening to some of the clips on the quakes site...

10. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, after Landon's goal when they start screaming just like I did, "AAAAHHHH!!!!" I started tearing up!

11. midget89

midget89 New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Wisconsin

That wouldn't be pretty.

12. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    “Saturday was the best feeling that I can ever imagine,” Earthquakes defender Craig Waibel said. “Hopefully this Sunday will be even better.”

There's something about this statement from Craig that I think is so funny because as we were leaving the stadium last Saturday night, Craig was joyfully running around in circles like a playful retriever puppy near the bottom of the ramp hugging people and signing autographs long after most of the players had left the field (except Landon who was still giving interviews). An Earthquakes employee had to literally pick him up and direct him toward the locker room. I just stood there and watched him in amazement. It was highly entertaining!

It seemed almost like at that moment, at the bottom of the ramp some twenty minutes or so after the last whistle had blown, it had just occurred to him that they won the game! For Waibel, I think, the last two games were medicinal...like a kid suffering from Attention Deficit Disorder...someone gave him a stimulant and he settled down and excelled. He seemed so cool and collected during both highly stimulating playoff games.

I've been thinking about this for days now. I've never met Craig, but I think I understand him better now...he's such a BIG DUFUSS ...and I luv 'em for that! :D

13. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awww.... I wouldn't call Craigy a Dufuss. He's one of the most down to earth person I've ever met. He's genuine, nice, smart, charming....

And he has a twin brother! Someone knew a good thing when they made it and decided one just wasn't enough! :D

14. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops sorry, my definition of:
    "Dufuss" - a term of endearment and just as you describe him as being.
    :)

15. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hehe. Okay! Then he's a big dufuss! :D

16. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah, I love that call by Shrader. He just threw all of his PBP training out the window in favor of "LandonnnAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!". Just pure emotion and excitement. After a pause to collect himself he got back to his PBP duties and went with his "GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLL", etc. schtick.

17. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    That must be some damn fine weed to produce that kind of reaction;)

18. ThePenguin

ThePenguin New Member

Nov 4, 2003
    So I spoke with Vince from the Blue Crew and he knows the person who originally created the "WE BELIEVE" sign. (The original sign that has been behind the goal in the North Endzone)

He is 99.99% sure that the original "WE BELIEVE" sign will make its way to the HDC!

The spirit will continue. Don't forget to wear your BLUE. See everyone in a few days. I am so excited.

GO SAN JOSE
    GO QUAKES!!!

19. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Welcome back RB.....long time no post, you served out your sentence for public neck-punching under the influence? Again, welcome back, we missed you!

20. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

You must have heard me......"RONNIE! SEE LANDON!! LANDON, SHOOOOOOOT!!!!" yup, it was all me! :D

21. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landon told me something about "angels in the outfield." ;)

22. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    So do we all do that thing like we're flappin' our wings or something?

23. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get the whole movie flappin wings thing, but I think it's more like flappin' our gums (ie: making noise) that pushes them on and on and on and on.

24. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Uhhh.....not that im above acting like a dope......but I refuse to "flap wings". :rolleyes: