We Are Coming

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Thimble Keegan, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Thimble Keegan

Thimble Keegan New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    Rustington, Sussex
    All I want from the game is too not lose heavily and to see some new players come into the team and show they can step up to the international level.

I am more interested in visiting some cool places and having a good time...As I do at all England away games.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
    Worthing BHA

2. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    So as between winning 1-0 and losing 1-0, you really don't care -- it's all the same to you? You have absolutely no preference?

I share your interest in visiting cool places and having a good time. I've actually never been to Chicago, and am thinking of making the trip out there to see the game and see Chicago. But as a US fan, I know that I'd prefer to see the US win than lose.

I really can't imagine being a fan of a national team and not caring at all whether the team wins or loses, even if it is only a friendly. Of course, if we lose, I won't be crushed, as it is just a friendly. And if we win, I won't be ecstatic, as it's not as if we qualified for the WC or won a WC match. But I'll definitely feel happier after the game if I walk out of the stadium having seen the US win.

3. Thimble Keegan

Thimble Keegan New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    Rustington, Sussex
    Yeah, that is pretty much spot on. Obviously winning is nicer but it is a bit of an end of season jolly-up really and I would much rather see the emergence of some fresh players into the England squad.

If this was a competetive much I would be desperate to win.

Now I must go as I am off to stay at my mate house before we travel to Manchester tomorrow for England's game against Northern Ireland.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
    Worthing BHA