News: We Are Back!!

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by MarcoM3, May 31, 2012.

1. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It is an awesome day to be a wilstermanista. We are back where we should have always been!

2. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Welcome back, I wonder how long you'll stick around:D

3. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Welcome back! The league is def not the same without one of the 4 historical grandes (Bolivar, The Strongest, Oriente, Wilster)

4. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thank you!

5. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Looks like we are putting a good team together. I can't wait to see them back. I am also relieved that the crook who put us where we were is no longer there, and I have heard good things about te new president.
    Mauricio Soria is perfect for us. He and I went to school together and the guy is passionate about everything he does. Plus, many of the players who were part of the team (Hugo Suarez, Santos Amador, Edward Zenteno, Pablo Salinas, Augusto Andaveris, Gerson Garcia and Alex Bejarano) are coming back. The best part is that we are also getting Christian Zarate, a very good midfielder who among other teams, played for Independiente, Talleres and San Martin in the argentinian first division.
    I hope we can give Bolivar, The Strongest and Oriente a good run or their money.

Cheers!

6. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Good! Best of luck! I hope you do get to give all those teams a run for their money except my Bolivar :p

7. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm not thrilled that Andaveris is one of our major refuerzos, but I do like Salinas and to have Hugo Suarez return.

8. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Me neither. I never liked the guy.
    Salinas should be a good addition, i saw him play when he was in Colombia, and if Zarate can feed him the ball, he could be a threat.

Anyway, I am just happy we are back.

9. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think its going to be a challenge to make the team work right, considering that the starting 11 is completely new and they have to get use to play with each other in less than a month now. They got some interesting experienced players, hopefully they can make a connection soon enough.

10. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wilstermann just won the winter cup. the game ended 2-1 in favor of Wilster. They went to penalties where Hugo Suarez saved 3 penalties. 3-2 in penalties.

11. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Congrats!!!

12. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hugo Suarez is the man. He is probably one of my favorite Wilstermann players of all time. Welcome back.

13. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good Job, Wilster.. Los cholis thought they were champions... Remember money can't win a title chumps..

14. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Amen!

15. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  16. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    For the =W=istas on the board.

Watched the 4-0 loss to Bolivar today. Tough to compete with the money being thrown around by Claure, but we have a good squad to compete all year.

Berodia didn't start due to some lingering injuries, but he came on 2nd half. However, it was much too late.

Our defense is terrible. Tordoya is no longer that young defender full of promise who was on Arsenal (ARG). There's a reason why San Jose didn't resign him. I like Cristian Vargas, but he's a midfielder being asked to play defense.

Andaveris is a red card waiting to happen. I like the hustle of Ramallo, as he is Pablo Salinas with more speed and technical ability...

The 2nd leg is on Wed. and we need to win to force penalties. No goal differential is in effect.

17. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wilster had a lot of chances to score, but they couldn't finish... I think they can do a pretty good job this year and finish in the top 3 this coming season. (Bolivar #1 ofcourse!) :cool:

18. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Marco,
    ANy news to give on Galindo? Is he on the bench there too?

19. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't think he is with Wilster. I know he is in Santa Cruz, but I haven't heard much from him. Let me see if he can reply to my message and I will update all.
    We definitely got school by Cholivar. Good thing there is no goal-average rule in this tourney, and we always seem to play better when away. We will see.

20. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He did reply to me (he actually replied in English, as it looks like he is pretty good at it now):
    "Marco, with wilsterman term contract and could not be extended, now I'm just waiting for that arsenal decide."
    His own words.

21. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  22. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not bad?
    I think it's pretty bad that a player with such a promising career couldn't even get a contract extension from Wilster, He should be starting for some second division spanish team, and being a regular in the national team.

23. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sorry; I was talking about his english lol.

Agree about his situation. He appears to be in limbo.

24. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lol well then I'd have to agree with you he's english is not bad....Now if he could put his game together on the pitch!

25. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He didn't get much playing time while at Wilster. Berodia, his spanish team mate at FC Lugo ended up benching him. My guess is that Arsenal is out of options, but I don't want to ask him that. I just told him I wish him the best and that hopefully he can find something abroad.
    He is no spring chicken anymore...he turned 21 last April.