WCQ: Sept 2nd - El Salvador

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Silverbacks34 repped this.
  2. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atmosphere would be incredible for that.

3. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    i remember US-El Salvador matches at RFK...believe it was being nicknamed Cuscatlan Norte

4. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Silverbacks34

Silverbacks34 Member

Leicester City
    Feb 18, 2009
    Stone mountain, Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How do we get tickets if the game is played in El Salvador? Or is it going to be in DC?

6. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TBD is the word from US Soccer and El Salvador. Rumor says the Salvadoran federation may move the game to the US because of low vaccination rates in El Salvador. (Translation: There's more money if they play in the US.). Everything is still in the air at this point. Hopefully after Gold Cup things will get ironed out. However, in Latin America; most things happen and change at the last minute. So we'll just wait and see.

7. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014

In either case, US Soccer will be allocated a percentage of tickets as a visiting fans section. These will be made available via their normal means (Insiders, US supporters groups). I’m sure that info will be posted here as it comes out.

For the away games, the tickets are often hard copy and mailed once received by US Soccer. Or, quite often, US Soccer only receives them last minute and arranges a pick-up location in the city.

If the game is moved to the US, I assume US Soccer will still be allocated the normal “away” section. As to how El Salvador’s federation will sell the rest, I have no idea.

8. Silverbacks34

Silverbacks34 Member

Leicester City
    Feb 18, 2009
    Stone mountain, Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thank you guys for the information.

9. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes

marianelah and wixson7 repped this.
  10. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Gut says this is held in San Salvador for vaccinated only fans.

11. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    1420085003870949384 is not a valid tweet id

12. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Boom!

FESFUT met today and confirmed:

"During the meeting it was emphasized that the capacity of the stadiums will be 100% of their capacity as long as it is the real capacity; and the fans present must carry their anti-COVID-19 vaccination card, in which it is evident that they already have the complete vaccination scheme, that is, the two doses of the drug."

https://www.fesfut.org.sv/reunion-comision-de-seguridad-fesfut-e-indes/

13. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Heads up.

As far as I can tell, all travelers regardless of vaccination status must provide a negative COVID test taken no more than 3 days earlier in order to board an international flight to the United States.

If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get tested no more than 3 days before you travel by air into the United States (US) and show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight, or be prepared to show documentation of recovery (proof of a recent positive viral test and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel). (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html)

wixson7 repped this.
  14. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    man...im on the fence here with the back and forth COVID situation

15. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm out for the away matches. I missed that @wixson7 had already posted the testiing requirement for boarding an international flight to the US.

What a hassle!!

On a short trip, one could get a rapid test on the way out of the country. Those tests aren't so easy to get, especially for free. They cost $250 at SFO. On a longer trip, one would have to get a test (probably rapid) in the destination country. And if it comes up positive, you are looking at quarantining before returning home or cancelling the trip and eating the airfare and other non-refundable costs on the way out of the US.

For El Salvador, "Vaccinated visitors from the United States can enter El Salvador without restrictions." (https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions/el-salvador)

For Honduras, "Vaccinated visitors from the United States need to quarantine to enter Honduras." Later on, "Unvaccinated visitors from the United States will need to quarantine for 14 days upon entering Honduras.

Details and exceptions
    Travelers who can enter Honduras are required to self-isolate for 14 days."
    (https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions/honduras)

Confusing.

16. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  17. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    This proves that game will be played in San Salvador and that they will have fans in the stadium.

US Soccer will have an allocation but not sure how/when.

18. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  19. Silverbacks34

Silverbacks34 Member

Leicester City
    Feb 18, 2009
    Stone mountain, Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Are they lots of US fans going to the away games next month? I would love to go, but I can't quarantine...I can only do 2 or 3 days...wixson how long do you plan to stay out there in Honduras and El Salvador?

20. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    I'm doing El Salv Sept 1-4, then back home and then 7-9th for Honduras. I'll miss Nashville. Taking my 16 year old to El Salvador.

Game tickets: no problem. USSF will announce them soon.

Airplane and Hotel: no problem

Vaccine: definitely plan on having vaccine card for entry into the stadium, my guess.

Covid: entry and exit for each country looks a tad unclear but not seeing any mandatory quarantine on either side. Just either vaccinated or recent negative covid test.

21. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Definitely go, we'll meet up and have a blast. This is the last Hex/Octa cycle ever...or at least for a decade. Go all in!

22. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    AO will put something out in a few weeks on tickets, hotel, pregame meetup, etc.

And I know the Sammers guys are always a guaranteed away game attendees for central america.

23. Silverbacks34

Silverbacks34 Member

Leicester City
    Feb 18, 2009
    Stone mountain, Ga
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  24. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hadn't thought of it that way. This is the last Hex/Octa. I'm Salvadorean, so i'm thinking of going down there for the US game.

wixson7 repped this.
  25. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    A Pilsener on me!

marianelah repped this.