Alert: WCQ-Saudi arabia vs South korea

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by al ittihady, May 30, 2009.

1. doooodooool

doooodooool New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    are u sure we wont go to the world cup?:D
    lets wait and see..we will win in seol and you guys will draw..ciao ciao arabestan...want me to search on youtube for 8-0 vs germany??
    hahahahaha...of course iran are mighty..better then a sand box hahaha..aryan pride!

2. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Everyone that is a regular in this forum should report abuse, he is tarnishing your very fine forum.

3. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    hundred thousand were disappointed plus u....your coach said we will score goals agianst uae but only a goal came :eek:,....what happened ...azadi was 40 % empty ...

4. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    did any 1 notice fitness about the players ...how many times we were streched out....i dont know were they grass roling or our players lack fitness..however probably we will be without autef brothers ...so chance of abdul rahman qahtani in playing 11 is more..
    we must agree we have escaped with a draw..

5. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We all know that Iran aint winning in Seoul, and that Saudi Arabia will be winning in Riyadh. Enjoy your last week hoping for a 'illusional' WC dream miracle that won't happen, because after June 17 you'll be facing reality, Saudi Arabia to their 5th WC in a row, Iran again watching KSA while chilling in Iran. ;) Oh you guys might take the playoffs spot, IF we thrash NK, so you better be kissing our Arab ass or no World Cup for Iran. Actually I meant playoff spot, because you'll probably lose against Bahrain/Uzbekistan/New Zealand as usual.

6. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I watched the game again. We had problems in the middle but we didn't "escape" with a draw. We were poor for about 20 or 30 minutes in the first half and the first 10 minutes of the second half. This was mainly because the coach started out with the wrong line-up (as I said before the game, you can't start with Abdelghani and Otaif together -- you need Khalid Aziz). Once he introduced the first two subs things improved noticeably. The problem is he didn't anticipate the red card by pulling Ahmad Otaif out of the game.

7. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Honestly, I think we coulda won that game if the coach put noor ahmad autaif, and al shamrany out in the when the second half started and put hazazi, abdulrahman, and aziz in.

8. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Noor was played on the right wing.....and non of the players you mentioned play right wing.

9. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    well, abduh autaif coulda switched to the right wing (assuming he didint get injured)

anyways i heared he wont play for at least 4 months cause of his injury.

10. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The national team is the biggest beneficiary from that injury. The team only started playing well after he left the field. Sorry it had to come to this, Abdoh. :D

11. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We are both horrible human beings Sayf. :(

12. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    that's an honest answer and wholehearted answer so i'll give u an educational reply. All korean names are only 3 or 2 syllables. in fact 90% of names in korea are probably 3 syllables only with surname first. you are somewhat correct in that the names are therefore inevitably similar.

kim, lee, park, ma, oh, are probably the most popular surnames and probably account for the first syllable of 95% of koreans.

why are almost all saudi names "Al..." something

13. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    IT stands for The....Usually the words that follow have a one word meaning to it..

14. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok, so when Park Ji-Sung was on the playground as a child, did the other kids call him "Park," "Ji-Sung," or "Sung?" And what is the significance of the 3-syllable form?

"Al" (actually sounds more like the Spanish "El" and has roughly the same meaning) is the definite article. In other words, it is the equivalent of the English word "the." So, my club is "Al-Hilal," which means "The Crescent."

Of course, there are a few ways in which Arabic names can be structured, but to give you a classic example:

Yasser Al-Qahtani means "Yasser the Qahtanite." If you've ever read the Bible in English this will sound familiar (e.g. Ezekiel the Israelite, Omer the Jacobite, etc.). So it basically means, "Yasser, the man from the tribe of Qahtan."

The "i" at the end of "Qahtani" denotes "belonging." That's why a person from Iraq is an "Iraqi," a person from Korea is a "Koori," a person from Iran is an "Irani," and a person from the tribe of Shamran is a "Shamrani," etc.

So, you end up with Yasser Al-Qahtani (Yasser the Qahtanite).

Of course, not all people's last names come from tribes, so you can have names that sound structured like Western names, e.g. Mohammad Noor ("Mohammad" is his given name, and "Noor" is the name of an ancestor), or Sami Al-Jaber (kind of like saying Ivan de La Pena).

Simple, enough, innit? :D

15. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    they called him Ji sung most likely. the surnames names are usually left out by friends.

ok cool. although, please do not assume all koreans read bible or are christian. some of us, say 40% hate western religions infiltrating into korea. I personally can't stand korean christians.

yes mohammed seems to be very popular first name.

16. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada

HAs varities man..mehkmet..mehmet and dont know other's but there are so many.

Some Korean Christian's have absolutely no idea what Christianity is. A Korean Classmate of mine who is chirstian have no idea whatsoever about some of the principles of Chiristiany and its origins. So, I always wondered why he even converted, because his level of knowledge about christianity equals that of a person who has no interest about it whatsoever. They even made him take VAlues education Instead because the Councilors were not sure what kind of sect he is in..hahahaha.

17. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Technically his full name is Mohamed Noor Al Hawsawi ;)

18. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well I did say that they *SOUND* structured similarly to Western names. In theory, you can extend an Arabic name all the way up to Adam himself, if you want, but that's more information than Vagabond was asking for.

Vagabond, I didn't mean to imply that you were Christian. Many people nowadays know a lot of Biblical stuff without being Christian.