WCQ: Oct 7th home vs Jamaica (Austin)

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Jun 21, 2021.

1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Thursday, October 7th, home game vs Jamaica. Location TBD.

2. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    bungadiri repped this.
  4. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Oh no, the dreaded lottery.

"Tickets for this match will be sold through a weighted random draw."

If memory serves, US Soccer used the lottery, um weighted random draw, for the Mexico match in Columbus and the Honduras match in San Jose last cycle and threatened it for the Costa Rica match in Harrison, NJ, but backed away to the normal presale process.

Last cycle, they based the tiers on years of membership and caps with color codes (gold, silver, red, blue). Now, the tiers correspond to the price one pays for membership. I got a free upgrade to Group B, so I am fighting for a ticket with the 80% of the inventory available after the high rollers get first shot at the whole stadium.

5. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    As far as I can tell, you can't see the ticket prices for the game until after you choose the number of tickets desired and complete your entry into the lottery without the ability to change it later.

I'd like to know ahead of time because the ticket prices might influence whether my wife wants to accompany me to the game (provided we win the lottery, of course).

1. Please select the quantity of tickets you would like to purchase. The price listed is a placeholder. Actual prices to follow. You will not be charged at the completion of this ticket application.
    2. Select the “Add to Cart” button once you are ready to check out.
    3. Complete your purchase.
    4. You will be prompted to enter in your desired seating preferences.

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Crazy high prices (and that comes from a USSF apologist here) but supply/demand i guess.

$90 for behind goal
    $120 for corners and upper deck
    $200-600 for price spots

ooof.... and you rank the 14 sections in order of your preference, and then can remove sections that you definitely won't take. (for example, I took out the $300-600 sections so that they don't automatically assign me those seats.)

20,000 seats or so, huge demand, controlled buying groups, massive game.

GiallorossiYank and Eddie Stiel repped this.
  7. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thanks.

Insiders Support let me know that you can see the prices within question 2 of the Typeform survey before finishing the transaction. I didn't go far enough. Prices start at $99, then $125 and beyond. On TV, I saw lots of empty seats in that stadium for the US/Qatar match, probably from resellers that ended up eating tickets.

We'll see how it sells. If tickets start at $99 for this game, what will they be for the Mexico match in Cincinnati?

8. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Applied. I went for the cheapest ticket and excluded everything except for the two lowest prices (unless I made a mistake, which seems easy to do, glad I double checked because I initially left one of the big numbers unchecked).

The system assigned me Seat 48. I think I was Seat 1 or so when I looked this morning. Does that mean people applied for only 48 tickets so far? There is still a week to apply, but prices are exorbitant.

I am pretty confident I'll get what I want from Group B. Last cycle, I was in the highest tier. At least US Soccer is notifying us about seven weeks before the game date, leaving plenty of time to get decent airfares. For the 2016 US-Mexico game in Columbus, the first lottery, they notified us no more than 4 weeks before the match, maybe less.

wixson7 repped this.
  9. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets are disgustingly expensive

Eddie Stiel repped this.
  10. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Here is the seating map with prices. I am almost positive that Level 13 was $125 and Level 14 was $150 when I applied. The prices have flipped. Then again, I may be misremembering. The application process was difficult, confusing and prone to applicant error.

upload_2021-8-4_7-57-31.png

11. hoys

hoys Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It made me smile that you start the lottery process by adding $1 tickets to your cart. Agreed that the application process could be a bit more user-friendly.

Attached Files:

wixson7 repped this.
  12. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supporters Section tickets should never be more than $60/70 in my opinion. Disgusting.

Eddie Stiel repped this.
  13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Supply and demand, COVID times and well.... ... missing out on the World Cup last cyle.
    I am not surprised one bit.

wixson7 repped this.
  14. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    as someone who travels for matches the difference between $99 for supporters section and $65 isnt a big deal...in for a penny in for a pound and all that.

but i am surprised at these prices and how quickly they escalate as youre looking at $150ish to be on the sidelines at the cheapest end.

not going to deter me, which could be part of what theyre counting on, but lets hope we get 3 points out of it!!

Eddie Stiel repped this.
  15. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Anyone else having the issue where it's not letting you rank/prefer/remove sections prior to purchase? It was setup that way during the first few days but now it just has me pick the qty and then submit payment. No other choices are survey popped up.

16. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Hopefully, US Soccer will simplify the process for future lotteries. I expect they will be dealing with many problems from applicants for this one.

If memory serves, during the last cycle, we ranked our ticket section choices without the added complication of excluding areas we didn't want.

17. Danny Ascencio

Fc Barcelona
    Argentina
    Feb 22, 2018
    Dallas, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many US fans are heading down to Austin for this game?
    Should be an exciting atmosphere, playing in the new Austin stadium!
    I applied for the lottery tickets, if I do not get lucky.
    It will be interesting to see, how the other phases will go!

18. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    Email says ticket results are in, but details to come in a few days. Hmm.

19. right wing

right wing Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same. E mail says i was selected, which is great. Curious to see if anyone didn't get selected.

Prices are high, but high to see this generation is much preferred to last cycle. The thought of paying any money to watch Zusi, Dax, Villafana, Wondo and MB loafing around the pitch... gross.

kba4life1 and silicus repped this.
  20. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    same.

silicus repped this.
  21. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also got "Congratulations! Your ticket application for the U.S. Men's National Team's 2021 FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Jamaica, has been selected for fulfillment." I logged in but couldn't find out which seats I won yet. But if anyone need(s a) seat(s) lemme know! I might have up to 3 extra seats available to US fans!

wixson7 repped this.
  22. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexican fans would pay good $ for "San Zusi"! He got them to Brazil! https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/sain...s-fans-radio-station-sending-mexico-world-cup

right wing repped this.
  23. right wing

right wing Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well played silicus. Repped

24. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011