WCQ: Mexico vs T&T 10/6/2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Miguel Myers, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There’s nothing more Mexican than not doing your homework until the last fifteen minutes tbh

2. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    By that logic, maybe that's what Osorio has been doing all along. Having us play shitty until right before the World Cup, and then we finally play well under him...[emoji57] [emoji57] [emoji57]

DaTruth, DankYummy and Regulus Tera repped this.
  3. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    You must have been on spookys site....that fool took the cash and dipped lol

4. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Mexico did well to correct their mistake of being overconfident. They totally were. On Tuesday they had a open practice that had people pay 3,000 pesos for tickets and a meet and greet with all funds going to the earthquake victims. That's cool to do because right now that's what important in Mexico. They supposedly meet with all and played to the crowd. But then they only got to San Luis Potosi yesterday and then went to a dinner with the governor and the people behind bringing the game to SLP. That's not as cool and it kind of showed. Mexico took the 1st half off which doesn't matter much since Mexico is thru and Trinidad and Tobago are always going to be related to horrible tackling for Mexico. Yet I though it seemed that they will just wait and eventually Trinidad would fold and they didn't. It wasn't until the goal that Mexico turned it up and only then did the game turned out like they were expecting from the start. Hope they learn there are no free lunches in the hex.That being said, I hope they all get it that this hex is over now. Honduras should all be in taking care of themselves from injuries and suspensions. I hope they get a result to help Panama but it would just be a bonus. The priority has to be their health.

Also I have to accept that I can't blame the team for being overconfident. I always say that Mexico has to learn that Trinidad and Tobago is a serious rival for Mexico. It's no coincidence that they have been given us a hard time in almost every game we play them. But when I saw the squad they called and the fact that they didn't call Kenwyne Jones, I kind of thought it would be an easier game than it was.

The main worry is that once again Carlos Vela played like shit and I don't see him getting much playing time in San Sebastian to improve.

DankYummy repped this.
  5. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    super dooper goal

JJV1994, DaTruth, Chico Facil and 4 others repped this.
  6. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He forgot to say beloved mother...

It was funny when Mariano was about to say butt watching instead of ball watching and he caught himself lol

JJV1994 repped this.
  7. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Super Duper Goal?

maxresdefault.jpg

8. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  9. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    "CHUKEY POWER!"

DankYummy repped this.
  10. Faust23

Faust23 Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    The play that led to Lozano’s goal was beautiful. Good team work.

11. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Que mamones son... Apoco vieron que los judagorazos de esta generación jugaron mejor bajo el Chepo, El Piojó, or any other coach in between?

Si perdemos y jugamos bonito se enojan. Si ganamos jugando mal se enojan. Si hace cambios Osorio experimenta demasiado. Si pone a los que tienen jerarquía, preguntan por qué no le da chance a los que están en buen momento.

Our level is our level. The coach may be part of the issue but it falls on the players too.

Hecho en Chivas, NCCFBALL and megadeath repped this.
  12. Special_talent23

Real Sociedad
    Mexico
    Mar 26, 2017
    Tú mismo te das las respuesta, nuestro nivel no es para perder 7-1 o 4-1.

Además no mezcles procesos, no eran todos los mismos jugadores con el "Chepo" que con Osorio, no estaban varios que ahora son importantes y otros eran muy jóvenes y no tenían la experiencia que han adquirido.

No digo que tenemos para ganar el mundial pero no se ve el trabajo de Osorio ni creo que el "Chepo" o el "Piojo" sean los entrenadores adecuados para un nivel internacional.

Various Styles repped this.
  13. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would agree, if so many pieces of that golden generation everyone talks about weren't riding pine and out of form.

14. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Es inevitable comparar y hasta mezclar los procesos, de eso vive el periodismo. Incluso, te puedo decir que para el proximo Hexagonal se va a criticar: no calificar caminando.

Este Hexagonal ha sido uno de los mas debiles, viendo el potencial de los rivales, de los ultimos 20 años. Y estoy de acuerdo contigo que en varias ocasiones las acciones individuales de los jugadores han marcado la diferencia.

Es por eso que puede ser preocupante el mal desempeño del equipo porque como hemos visto contra equipos de mayor jerarquia no corremos con la misma suerte.

Ya son tres Los torneos de Juan Carlos Osorio en donde cuando se esperaba que el equipo demostrara una mejoria no se logro. En la Copa America la seleccion fue humillada, en la Confederaciones solo le basto a la seleccion B de Alemania 7 minutos para resolver el partido y en la Copa de Oro se perdio contra un rival de menor nivel.

Yo no espero que para el mundial todo sea resuelto. Espero el mismo platillo amargo que JCO no ha estado sirviendo en torneos internacionales.

Philip J. Fry and Special_talent23 repped this.
  15. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The problem is we played an open attacking game against Chile & Germany.
    @Rafael Hernandez has talked about it quite a bit.

16. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Players put the team in that situation on the first place. We have to blame players as well, we play to level of opposition everytime. Why didn't they play balls to the wall when it was in the 20th minute? We can't always blame coach.