WCQ Mexico Vs Jamaica [R] 9-6-08

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Wiso, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    Ok Chavos.

[​IMG]

National Stadium Kingston, Jamaica

Let's get excited.

Cuando es la convocatoria?

2. aldo

aldo New Member

May 17, 2007
    San Diego
    Vamos mexico!!!!!!!! let's see who he's gonna call..

3. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    list comes out this thursday :cool:

4. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I wonder if you can spark up Ganja in that stadium dam that would be cool and drink Red Stripe!

5. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ^^thats not a terrible looking stadium.. i mean it's decent.. I want Mexico to qualify in the first 4 games.. so that the young guys can get some playing time..

Vamos Tri!!!!!

..p.s. sub

6. Chivas100

Chivas100 New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Chicago
    jesus bracamontes said during the chivas game that it was gonna be the same call up list. which is a good thing. one starting contencion should be enough for this team. Pardo. which would open up an offensive spot.

7. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    so the list comes out this Thursday cool

8. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Sven will most likely throw Pardo and Leandro out there again since he's known for playing with 2 DMs but don't expect Arce to start. One thing I noticed after watching the Mex vs Hon game again was that Arce would always pinch in towards the middle and wouldn't really exploit that space on the wing. The problem is, Gio does the same thing, so in essence we're still lacking a quality right mid and I was hoping that would be Pablo Barrera's spot to lose, maybe Sven will give Venado a shot to see if he can make that position his again.

I fully expect Vela to start again, he just provides so much mobility and that's key for an attacker. I'd honestly be glad if Sven dropped Guille and gave his spot to Vuoso. I mean, Guille is older, less mobile, and all he does is dive and yell at the ref, not to mention botching easy chances in front of the goal.

Hobbit Bermudez needs a chance to prove his worth on the national team and if Villaluz got so many callups because of his form for Cruz Azul then Hobbit is long overdue and IMO a more complete player than Cesar, also much less of a spazzo.

9. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Have you guys notice that Sven either likes a player if their really good in Guardados case or tall otherwise he won't give you a shot

10. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I'm not really sure we can make those assumptions, based solely on the circumstances in which Sven has had to work under.

I think he believes we can get enough points to qualify to next round in the next 3-4 games, if that's the case, then I think you'll see him giving other players a chance once we're qualified.

I have no idea if Sven likes them short, tall, dark, white, blonde, brunette, whatever, I just want him to organize the team so we can get a glimpse at that potential we all know is there.

11. Baller53

Baller53 Red Card

Jan 31, 2008
    El barrio de tepito
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I just hope memo starts ths one...sanchez blows both my nuts

12. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I can;t wait for this one, a lot of questions will be answered. Small changes that I hope he'll make is to start Galindo. A Rafa Galindo partnership would help me sleep better. Rafa's positioning and leadership is great but I like Galindo much more on 1 on 1s.

I'm expecting Guardado to play better (can't recall a time where he played so poorly).

Now that we have that first one out of the way I hope he throws the kids out there again. Gio and Vela need to demand the ball and act like they belong. Gio looked nervous, Vela was good but got lost several times. If these guys are our great hope for WC glory than they need to start putting in goals against lesser teams...baby steps.

The team should've been up on Honduras and again failed to take advantage of early scoring opportunities, and we were lucky to come out with all 3 points (well deserved 3 points).

What is is about coaches and their fear of playing with only one DM...
    With the exception of the US, we shouldn't be playing w/2 dm against any CONCACAF opposition. These teams never to try to play offensively, always give up possession, and rely on counters. I think Blanco/Gio woulda done nicely as a 10. We'll see.

13. alchemist009

alchemist009 Member

Jun 3, 2007
    I don't know much about Jamaican NT but from what I've heard, they've made major improvements and haven't lost many games recently. Mexico can't afford to take this game lightly.

I don't see Arce starting either. I think Sven should use Gio as the right winger (his natural position) I would pair up Vela with Vuoso upfront. Vuoso has been playing very well lately so Sven should give him a shot.
    The defensive end looked pretty good during Honduras. Not sure if Sven will make any drastic changes there. The only problem Mexico is having a organizing a strong attack. We need consistent strikers!!!

As for Sven picking taller/faster players, that's a euro strategic mindset which I believe is needed, especially, if they want to compete against the big dawgs! I recall Scolari being asked about the Mexican NT and what HE would do to improve their playing. He did mention organizing a taller and faster team! He said they would need to incorporate those key elements if they want to play against world class teams! That's why Borgetti (in his prime) was such an asset to EL TRI, He was fairly tall and had a deadly header. He would score against italy, germany, argentina, brazil, etc so yes, the height element is an important asset. And, i think thats the mindset of SVEN as well.

14. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

He had one good game, granted it was a hat trick but I'm not sure...

We need to play with what we have. Sven should know by now that all of our tall strikers suck, except for Borgetti, which he didn't call...

15. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I say we call DeNigris and give him a couple games against lesser competition and see if he can come through for us....

16. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No

We cant waste our time experimenting with players like De Nigris. With Blanco, Vela, Nery, Bravo, and possibly Guille and Vuoso, we have to keep trying until we find the right formula. That takes time and in this case, very important games, which we dont have too much of. We have to make the best use of the limited time the players have with Sven and not clown around with experiments that might not work (DeNigris). Besides, it will take a lot for De Nigris to impress Sven to call him up.

17. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    I agree.

although Sven said he's only gonna call those that are in good form i think he should call nery, who i believe is the most aggressive attacker mexico has.

18. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    Fixed..

I have more experience playing on a team then nery this year.

the dude needs to get into a team and play.

Then we will see about giving him a chance.

19. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    me too, but i wouldn't hold my breath..:rolleyes:

20. La-Juve

La-Juve New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    So what's the score prediction? I say Mexico wins 1-0

21. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd say 2-1 win for Mexico. (I wouldn't take Jamaica lightly)

I'd have Guille and Vela up front.Having Gio up there wasn't a good idea against Honduras.Sure Franco's age is catching up to him but I don't think Vouso has done anything for him to deserve a starting spot.

22. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    mexico 3-1

23. nopalnation

nopalnation Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    3-0 if Memo is goalie.. otherwise 3-1..

24. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i also really want to see a rafa-galindo partnership in the back, but if i was the coach, i just could not bench magallon after the game he had against honduras. the guy was stellar. i want to see how magallon does in osorios spot. after all, osorio is not the greatest player anymore. i'd even prefer israel castro over him. and cuau - i don't know if he'd be better off starting or not, but it's obvious he needs to be involved. it's apparent he's still going to be a key factor on our road to the world cup. i'm also curious as to how vuoso would perform. if he brings his form from santos, then we have ourselves one hell of a player.

-------------------memo-------------------

magallon-----rafa--------galindo------salcido

-------------pardo------leandro------------

-------gio---------------------guardado----

-----------cuau/guille-------vela------------

25. BrianInVA

BrianInVA Member+

Mar 24, 2008
    Lake Ridge
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i agree. i really hope he starts getting some run soon, 'cause the guy gave us an another dimension last summer. i haven't seen anyone on our side play as dynamically as him since.