WCQ: March 27th, 2022 - Home vs Panama (location TBD)

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Jul 10, 2021.

1. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Head downtown to Orange St and Church St. You’ll find everything you need there for a Saturday night.

NNNJJJ repped this.
  2. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    100% sure there will be USSF gear for sale throughout the stadium, every game I've ever been to has had plenty for sale. They usually park a portable store right inside the main gate. Also in the past they've even had that portable store at the Night Before Party parked in front of the bar. By "store" I mean it's a trailer that you walk up to, not something you actually enter.

As for what jersey we'll wear I don't pay that much attention but I think it'll be the white (home) one with Panama in their red primary. I think it's possible we'll wear the seizure kit too. Not sure when the announcement is made.

NNNJJJ repped this.
  3. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have (2) more VIP tix to the day before Block Party running from 3PM-Midnight+. It includes one free alcoholic drink and access to the party inside the place that used to be Ceviche (sadly that Tapas restaurant is permanently closed).

I have (3) more tix to the Circle Insiders Lounge on Gameday that is open from 4-6:30 PM ET (right up to kickoff). This also include a free alcoholic drink.

I will list details below.
    Just DM me the following for each person you want a ticket for and mention if it is for the Block Party (BP) or Gameday Lounge (GL) or Both!

Can't wait to hang out with everyone, regardless!

Block Party Info:
    • Join us at the U.S. Soccer X Budweiser Kick-Off Party on Saturday, March 26.
    • There will be live music, games, and a special guest appearance from USMNT legend, Tim Howard.
    • As a Circle Insider, you have access to the VIP Party at Ceviche (125 W Church Street Orlando, FL 32801). RSVP to grab a free drink on us!
    • March 26, full Block Party schedule
      • 3 pm – Music and raffle prizes
      • 4:30 pm – U.S. Soccer VIP Party
      • 5 pm – Q&A with Tim Howard
      • 5:30 pm – Live DJ and music until midnight Orlando-Map.png

Gameday Lounge Info:
    • The Insiders Lounge will be located at FanHQ (see map below) and will be open from 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm on Sunday, March 27.
    • Please RSVP in advance to access the lounge. Enter Fan HQ at the East Parcel Lot on Church Street and check in upon arrival.
    • As a Circle Insider, enjoy your first drink on us!
    • Non-alcoholic beverages and snacks will be provided. Additional food and beverages can be purchased at FanHQ.

GoalGoalUSA and NNNJJJ repped this.
  4. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

5. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UPDATE: I only have one Gameday Lounge ticket and no Block Party tickets left.

NNNJJJ, blech and GoalGoalUSA repped this.
  6. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any locals know a spot where they will be showing the Costa Rica - El Salvador match, preferably somewhat close to Exploria. Like to be able to watch the game before heading to ours. I will have my laptop so can watch at the hotel if need be.

marianelah repped this.
  7. GoalGoalUSA

GoalGoalUSA Member

Apr 15, 2016
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m hoping the AO pregame will have it. A lot of people will be on the same boat

8. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just confirmed that the AO pregame at Broken Strings Brewery WILL have the Costa Rica - ES match on!!

9. ukraine76

ukraine76 Member

Feb 8, 2001
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi. I am looking for a ticket for a friend who decided to join us for the game tomorrow. Preferably close to Section 231. Thanks so much!

10. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a gorgeous day to kick some Panamanian butts! We got this!

GoalGoalUSA repped this.
  11. GoalGoalUSA

GoalGoalUSA Member

Apr 15, 2016
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is everyone’s nerves right now?

12. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

upload_2022-3-27_12-41-2.gif

GoalGoalUSA repped this.
  13. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yes, it is glorious here. Lake Eola is lovely and teeming with life, human and wild. Actually, pretty tame wildlife. Still highly enjoyable.

14. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve got 1 extra in section 23, supporters area.
    this place is the opposite of LA… and it’s a beautiful day .

15. GoalGoalUSA

GoalGoalUSA Member

Apr 15, 2016
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if the Broken Strings AO pregame has food onsite?

16. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Anyone have a good review of the atmosphere, supporters section, pregame, etc?

18. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sammers NB4 and Pre-Game was the standard low-key events. Not sure how AO parties were.

Downtown on Church Street, they had the road closed off in the main bar area right by I-4 which they've done before. Saturday crowds were interesting because of the mixture of soccer fans and Garth Brooks fans. Ironically due to a screw-up on my Airbnb, my revised rental was actually right beside the fan zone, so that didn't suck. Sunday the fan zone was busy but not as packed as Saturday but was steady all day. The weather was perfect so just a great day to be outside.

The match itself was just simply electric and crowd was in full voice, one of the best I've seen in a long while. Some slight tensions between capo stands and Sammers as typically happens but all-in-all, worked out well and really the drums were just going with whomever was getting the chants started. Thought the drums really did a great job of drumming to the beat of the chants instead of drumming just to drum and make noise.

Haven't watched the replay but curious on how it came across on tv.

19. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great review. My wife joined me in Orlando and it was a fantastic trip. the AO NBP at Gatlin Brewery was one of the better ones. Big places that was full but not too crowded. We scored seats at the bar early on so had no issues with service but there were lines at time, but no super long waits for beers. Otherwise pretty typical for a WCQ NB4 but we had fun and great seeing some friends.

Next day we went to the AO pre-match at Broken Strings and it was a mess. I don't know why AO would choose such a tiny bar. Even though the parking lot was open so everyone could get in, they were only serving beer at the small bar and the beer line was HUGE. They had some grills in the lot so that was cool for food, but we didn't feel like waiting so we walked to the Sammers pre match.

As @Hamburgler03 said that one was really fun and the set up terrific. That block of Church St was cordoned off so you could buy a beer or drink in any bar and walk outside, into another bar, whatever. The weather was great and the crowd good.

The match itself was just one of those magical nights I'll never forget. I got my tickets late so they were in Row 1 of the supporters section in line with the 6 yard box line. That can be terrible in some cases but when 5 goals get scored in your end they were amazing. I wanted to watch the replay tonight but Paramount+ doesn't list it on demand yet.

lastly..great to finally meet you @Hamburgler03 !

20. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #71 Atouk, Mar 29, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    They don't own that one. It was on FS1. However, FS1 is replaying it at 3:30 am eastern tonight and 3:30 pm eastern tomorrow. I see it listed on FS2 at 3:00 am eastern and 10:00 am eastern on Thursday. It also pops up a few times on Fox Soccer Plus, if you have that.

I ended up at the AO pregame this time. I attended the Sammers ones in (second) Columbus and Cincinnati and wanted to say hello to a few AO folks I hadn't seen in a bit. As you note, they needed more points of sale and more port-o-potties. Lines too long for both, but the space was otherwise fine (because the weather was good -- there was lots of space outside).

I agree about the AO night before, as well. Crowded, but you could find folks and find room to talk to people and get a drink without too much wait. Overall was good.

Hamburgler03, wixson7 and PabloSanDiego repped this.
  21. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I had a wonderful time. Great crowd, great game, great venue... I can't put into words the difference in feeling I had leaving Sunday's game vs. leaving Couva four and one half years ago.

What was US Soccer thinking when they decided to hand out US flags made in China? Or do people just not think about such things any more?

PabloSanDiego and wixson7 repped this.
  22. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was the best soccer match I have ever been too bar none. The crowd was really into it from the singing of the National Anthem to the final whistle. Of note I have NEVER heard a crowd at any sporting event boo the referee as loudly as in this match. And he deserved it. He was absolute trash!

My son and I have an incredibly great time and our seats were just awesome. 3rd row of the upper deck right on the half line. And kudos to Exploria for putting on a great great atmosphere. Damn that was fun.

PabloSanDiego, Hamburgler03 and wixson7 repped this.
  23. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! I found the FS1 listing based on your info and now I have the USA-CRC game loaded in my library to watch tonight. I apprerciate the tip!

Atouk repped this.
  24. NNNJJJ

NNNJJJ Member

Chelsea FC, USSF Referee
    United States
    Oct 26, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What an awesome game. So glad we were able to be there.

We pre-gamed at the FanHQ including a bit of time in the Circle Insiders section. Food trucks were good. Only complaint is a lack of seating, so we ate our free hot dogs sitting on the grass.

Hamburgler03 and wixson7 repped this.