WCQ: March 27th, 2022 - Home vs Panama (location TBD)

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Jul 10, 2021.

1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    WCQ: March 27th, 2022 - Home vs Panama (location TBD)

2. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. mnsportsgeek

mnsportsgeek Member

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Jan 12, 2022
    Pretty good location for people to go from Mexico City to Orlando. I’m sitting this one out though and going home after Mexico.

wixson7 repped this.
  4. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely. This one makes the most logical sense for travel from Mexico City and then travel to Costa Rica for the team (and fans).

I'll be in Mexico and likely trying to come back thru Orlando for the game.

5. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    #5 Eddie Stiel, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Orlando is a nice choice. The excellent stadium is in a good location adjacent to downtown with simple public transportation between downtown and the airport. No lottery for this game.I

I see some pretty cheap airfares between San Francisco and Orlando, especially if one uses creative connections.

Ticketmaster Event Page

6. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just got the email for the presale starting tomorrow (Monday the 24th). No weighted random draw this time. Short notice too, I'm not really ready to make the decision if I want to go.

upload_2022-1-23_11-33-35.png

7. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Anyone know if the supporters section will be general admission this time? It was in 2017.

8. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Center Circle members can buy today, VIP tomorrow and Premium Insiders on Wednesday.

If anyone is Center Circle, curious if you are purchasing actual seats instead of regions/sections.

RoleModel83 repped this.
  9. mnsportsgeek

mnsportsgeek Member

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Jan 12, 2022
    I think US Soccer is moving away from that. None of the supporters sections that I know of have been GA this cycle.

10. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Sort of kills the whole concept of the section. Oh well...

If you look on the presale on the Ticketmaster site now, you can see individual seats available in the supporters section, so I think that confirms it.

11. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    No. From US Soccer:

Organized Supporters Section Tickets: The Organized Supporters Section(s) will operate as Reserved seating only for this match.

soccer_23 repped this.
  12. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any reason why section 25 (middle of the supporters sections) is not available in the presale? I probably know the answer (fed is giving this to AO) but wanted to know if anyone else seeing this.

13. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I hope those tickets are the Organized Supporter Section, available through US Soccer Account Manager. That was the situation in Nashville. You could buy direct without TM fees, but with a little higher ticket price. I won't know until I get my presale email.

14. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think I have a little more info. From what I've heard, this is indeed for organized supporters (AO/Sammers/Barra) and I think the email has different codes to buy in there. I say "I think" because it sounded like earlier today, that link wasn't working.

And you are correct that I believe that this organized supporter allows you to buy without the TM fees.

15. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've held off on buying as I'm not sure I'm going. I'm a Circle Insider and AO member so my presale started yesterday. The supporters link (4 max) didn't work for me yesterday, when I clicked it all I got on the Ticketmaster page that opened was the 1/27 and 2/2 matches. However, if I used the Buy Tickets button for the non-supporters section (8 max) everything worked fine except the supporters section 25 was grayed out. I was texting with a friend of mine who was online at the time and he told me there were lots of supporters section tickets available when I was grayed out.

So for the hell of it I just tried again and now the supporters section link seems to work as I get to choose this match, but now it looks like Section 25 is sold out. I also used the main Buy Tickets link and can access the rest of the stadium and there are tons of seats left, it looks to be maybe 20% sold, if that.

16. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buddy of mine had the same issue. I think he finally spoke with someone at USSF and they got it fixed.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were just trying to hold section 25 until friday for supporters sale. I think today yesterday was supposed to be Circle and today was VIP and then tomorrow is Premium Insider? Was AO able to buy today (outside of being Circle/VP)?

17. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I've heard from my chapter president who's in the know no word on AO tickets yet. I think demand is going to be soft for this one outside of the AO section.

18. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    For Nashville, the US Soccer direct sale through the account manager went live when your presale window opened. My window begins tomorrow morning. I am an Insider only, not with any other group. I hope I got a shot at Section 25. If not, I'll buy the cheapest ticket in the upper corner.

19. hoys

hoys Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out of curiosity, can anyone with access already note how much supporters section tickets are (my window isn't until tomorrow)?

20. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds good. At least what I'm hearing, the supporters groups will have their presale on Friday.

21. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Section 25 is grayed out for me but the 2 sections next to it (24 and 26) are $80 in the front half and $70 in the back half.

22. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah what I'm thinking is they didn't release all of Section 25, otherwise any AO member who's not an insider would be shut out. I think there will be a good number of Section 25 tickets available once it opens up for the supporters groups.

I saw Friday somewhere also, I think on facebook. I haven't received any email from AO yet, they're usually pretty good about letting us know.

23. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    An email for US Soccer Insiders announcing their app based rewards system prompted me to log into my account (even though I am ineligible for the rewards because I don't have a cell phone).

Voila!!! My account home page has my code for tomorrow's presale. Of course, I tried it and it didn't work. This will come in handy for any Insider who doesn't get the email. I am still waiting for mine.

24. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Do other Insiders also no longer receive any emails from US Soccer? I abruptly stopped getting anything at all sometime in November. Nothing about the January games, nothing about Canada tickets, nothing about Orlando tickets....

Yet when I log in, I see my current status and history, along with the presale codes. I emailed US Soccer about it but haven’t heard anything back.

25. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Other posters have described the same problem over the years in this forum. I still haven't received an email about today's presale.