WCQ: March 24, 2022 - Away at Mexico City

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Jul 10, 2021.

1. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool Polanco definitely has pickup but long lines

2. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s still the
    It’s still the same amount of seats in the 100/200/300 level, these were just held back for sponsors etc. capacity hasn’t been increased yet

3. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna wear this worn out old belt tomorrow, it's long overdue for the shitcan anyway. it's the same one I wore in 2017 and recovered on the floor of the hotel after the match. If nothing else it'll help keep my pants up until I get to the stadium gate and they take it away.

upload_2022-3-23_13-50-1.png

marianelah and wixson7 repped this.
  4. mnsportsgeek

mnsportsgeek Member

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Jan 12, 2022
    Should have just maxed the place out. 50-60k is still a sweet crowd, but they should have figured out a way. I bet we still hear the chant tomorrow.

5. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm getting an error when entering the barcode number on the FAN ID registration site. I've triple-checked the number. The ticket came straight for the U.S. Soccer Fed. Thank god I finally got the ticket 28 hours before kickoff. Now I have this next obstacle.

Error:

ticket not found
    Ticket number you provided is incorrect

6. wvguy

wvguy Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Feb 11, 2022
    Since all the US soccer tickets are together in the away section, maybe the associated barcodes weren’t loaded into the QR code system? I know they said you had to do the fan ID stuff but maybe there were miscommunications. I’d write both the mi Selección people as well as the USSF people. Really sorry this is happening to you at this late hour.

silicus repped this.
  7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    From the ussf email:

The FAN-ID registration page is currently experiencing issues, but should be resolved in an hour or so. If needed, contact information can be found in the previous email about FAN-ID registration.

Thanks for your support!

U.S. Soccer Ticketing

silicus repped this.
  8. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Info gathered looks like same general bus parking, ticket entrance, ramp, and seat section.

Highlighted in light blue, with fancy line we will walk in.

- Bus parking gate 8
    - Taquilla 3 - ticket entrance
    - Ramp 5 to go to upper level
    - Section 522 (assuming others are similar)

9. Dizzy37a

Dizzy37a New Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    United States
    Mar 3, 2022
    So, I just got an email from ticketmaster.mx with my tickets attached, telling me to print them... Do I not need to go to an outlet anymore?? This would be huge.

Dr. Gamera, Eddy714 and wixson7 repped this.
  10. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Same ... and that looks so much better of an option. Ticket looks 100% valid. Let's see if we can register it on the app and then should be good.

11. Dizzy37a

Dizzy37a New Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    United States
    Mar 3, 2022
    I'm heading to the airport in 2 hours. Running to the FedEx store to print, since I don't have a printer. If someone can confirm the registration works, I'd have to think that should do it.

12. Dizzy37a

Dizzy37a New Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    United States
    Mar 3, 2022
    Translated the email in Google translate. After a few steps on how to save a file to my computer and how to use a printer, this was step 3 - seems like this should work?!:

STEP 3. TAKE YOUR TICKETS TO THE EVENT

1. Your one-time printed tickets grant you access to the event. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE EVENT WITHOUT THEM.
    2. If your tickets were lost or stolen before the event, please contact us immediately.
    3. Remember that each ticket has a unique barcode. Only the first ticket read by the access control system will allow entry to the event. Keep your tickets in a safe place.
    4. Do not allow your tickets to be photocopied or reproduced.
    5. Do not leave the attached file with your tickets in public or shared machines (office computer, cyber cafe).
    6. You are responsible for the use you give to these tickets.

wixson7 repped this.
  13. Bucho

Bucho New Member

Barcelona
    Mexico
    Feb 20, 2022
    Have fun everyone going to the game tomorrow! Wish I was going but this ongoing COVID stuff is a real downer for me. Keep your posts coming as to your experiences at Estadio Azteca as I’ll be back in Mexico for the WC in 2026. Stay safe!

14. Hunter Mason

Hunter Mason New Member

Oct 4, 2021
    I picked my tickets up at the Liverpool Delta this afternoon, there was a line but it moved pretty quick. 20 minutes in and out tops.

I also had no problem registering them to get the QR code.

Eddy714 and wixson7 repped this.
  15. Eddy714

Eddy714 Member

Atlas
    Mexico
    Nov 23, 2021
    What’s the address? Just in case

16. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    I also appear to have been emailed tickets (on my flight to MEX at the moment), and I purchased in the regular sale from Ticketmaster MX.

17. phillyfan593

phillyfan593 Member

Jul 20, 2011
    it has. To 50k

18. Hunter Mason

Hunter Mason New Member

Oct 4, 2021
    Av. Cuauhtémoc 462, Narvarte Poniente, Benito Juárez, 03020 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico

Eddy714 repped this.
  19. wvguy

wvguy Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Feb 11, 2022
    this is surprising. I bought through TM as well and didn’t get that email. I went to will call this am to pick them up. All I can think is TM decided to mail tickets to anyone who didn’t pick them up, but I think that’s giving tm too much credit. I guess I’d want to make sure that’s really what’s happening but that’s just me.

20. mattturnersarmy

New England Revolution
    United States
    Mar 3, 2022
    How early do gates open tomorrow?

21. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got the USSF email this afternoon. I think I can use the ticket bar code on my phone but printed the tickets just in case at the hotel. I just entered the long code into the https://registro.miseleccion.mx/ web site without any issues. got a confirmation email right away and then the QR Code for entry. I'll probably print that tomorrow too. Haven't done hard copy tickets in a long time but I figure I'll play it safe tomorrow.

22. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Paper tickets are better bumper stickers should be issued.

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  23. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Y'all please stay safe, be aware of your surroundings and get back home safe and sound.

24. mnsportsgeek

mnsportsgeek Member

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Jan 12, 2022
    I think 6. That’s when the buses are showing up.

25. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks my friend. It’ll be fun, ’m checking my alcohol intake until post match and until we’re back in the neighborhood

PabloSanDiego and ttrevett repped this.