WCQ at HDC?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by DANNO49, Dec 4, 2004.

1. DANNO49

DANNO49 Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Hawthorne CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know many of us Galaxy fans are also USMNT fans. So if you want one WCQ at HDC we have to lobby the Federation. So write.call.fax and email them.the address is USSF 1801 Prarie Ave Chicago IL.60616 Phone# (312) 808-1300. Fax (312)808 9535. Email at www.ussoccer.com click the contact us button. Be nice but firm. We deserve that game

2. DANNO49

DANNO49 Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Hawthorne CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What nobody thinks this worth talking about? I know it is not Galaxy but we are all USMNT fans are we not?

3. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, you've got fans of Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador and other countries in the Southland. I'd love see a US WCQ but for some reason, the USSF probably thinks that a pro-US crowd would still be small.

4. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    And Il Bruce hath decreed that WeCoast games are sooo '90's/passe'. So it will be difficult for us to get a game even against T&T, Jamaica or Costa Rica (not too many Ticos in the Southland). This despite the fact that the ECoast has a shizitload of Jamaicans.

5. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    So far Costa Rica, El Salvador, Mexico, Peru, South Korea and I beleive Guatemala have all played at the HDC but not us.

interesting.....

6. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've played at the HDC...

7. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    Sorry, the nats.

8. The Manwich

The Manwich Member

Sep 28, 2004
    South Gate
    Nats v Denmark...

9. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    when was that?

10. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back in January of this year. It was a friendly and was Denmark's C team we played and it was rather horrible to watch as it was a draw off 2 PKs from questionable calls.

11. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    Oh, yeah. I guess our Nats did have a game there.

...but wasa it our Nat's or was it our "Pre-Natal hopefuls"?

12. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, no wonder no one showed up for that game. A year later and people still don't believe that it even happened!

13. Supersuperman99

Supersuperman99 New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    We shoul get a WCQ match at HDC, What hell did they buildt it for of for the galaxy but it seems the only other teams that play there are either mexico or mexican teams. WTF HDC is world class lets get teams like Brazil, Argentina, England, Italy to come and play here Mexican teams and there nats should stay the hell out of HDC. HDC= USNTs & LA Galaxy F*** chivas usa

14. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    woe there horsie! Woe!!!!!!!!!!!! Do these threads always have to end up with the racist blabber?

Listen, I would love to see WCQs at the HDC as well as other international friendly but lets face the facts people. When you have teams like Brasil,Argentina and yes Mexico you may just have to play most of them in a bigger arena. I went to a friendly 2 years ago w Argentina vs. Brasil. LA coliseum.....SOLD OUT!! 90,000+

HDC while atmospherically awesome...will only be good enough for some friendly and WCQs.

15. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    sorry, i meant argentina vs. mexico.

16. latino626heat

latino626heat Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Pasadena Cali
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree with you, i noticed that HDC is only use for Mexico and Mexico's teams, they even have the Mexican National Team Logo as a flag at HDC if u havent noticed with the U.S. National Team, MLS and Galaxy Flag..