WCQ 2022 - Ecuador vs Colombia (Nov 17 2020)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Oct 30, 2020.

1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I feel that Queiroz wants to play European style, a pressing style.

But the players are not commited. They play a high line but dont really play and don't know how to cover ground and how to position themselves.

That's on the coach. We can't play a style the players can't commit to or understand. Instead we are giving away goals for fun.

dapip repped this.
  2. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Playing a high line against Ecuador away, with fast Ecuadoran wingers.

Yeah bad tactics on Quieroz

3. ColombianKilla

Aug 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    At least the other team results have been kind to us

Froboy69 repped this.
  4. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah I was surprised with Venezuela beating Chile 2-1. And Brazil and Argentina (if the latter holds) winning their matches by 2 goals keeps things doable for us. Especially when Paraguay and Bolivia drew.

5. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    means nothing if we can't win a game. Right now, i'd be surprised to see us beat Bolivia

6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    They ALL need to go. Right down to the morons who picked a DT that had no business being our NT coach. They brought him in to win silverware? We'll be lucky to get a repechaje. I mean it wasn't even close. That's what's scary. It wasn't even close.

pepinointer, Azucarero, dapip and 3 others repped this.
  7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    we even waited and lost time and friendlies waiting for him to be done with Iran. What was It 6 months?

Azucarero repped this.
  8. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Murillo perdido todavía esta en la cancha buscando los delanteros..

Nunca lo quiero ver otra vez...

9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he sucks ass

Three and Three and J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He plays the offside trap pretty badly.... always kept the striker on side

11. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was gonna suggest Valderrama but I recalled his reasons why he never wanted to coach the national team.

12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No words after a loss like this. By the way, I care less about the result because a 1-0 loss would be the same. Two matches, 0 points. I'm actually happy with this defeat because more likely that he'll be fired than after a 1-0. But we have a huge problem since the end of the 2019 Copa America. We all knew that Queiroz's style is not fit for the Colombian football, yet the Copa America was a bit of misleading. But then the horrible friendlies, We knew that it's not it. Now we have time to fix, before the 5th round, exactly like it was with Pekerman. With Queiroz we won't get anywhere and we have a tournament to host. Hopefully he'll be fired soon.

The players aren't clean also. Every single one of them. HORRIBLE!! Especially the leaders. And with all my love to James, I guess for me Pibe will always be the greatest ever because of this. Pibe failed with the NT many times, but never like this. If Pibe was there yesterday, he would slap his teammates faces at halftime. James is not a leader, Ospina is not a leader. Falcao is. And Falcao is also from Santa Marta. Next match with or without Queiroz we will lose to Brazil. But we still have to time to fix and still have time to win the Copa America. WITH ANOTHER COACH.

At some point I didn't even get mad. I think since the match against Uruguay which disappointed me a lot.

kromekote, colombianballa91 and dapip repped this.
  13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao wouldn’t helps

we have no chemistry. Messi and Ronaldo can’t win a game themselves either.

the ease teams got to the goalie make it hard to blame either of them. Vargas stoped what could have been another 3 goals at least.

other teams helped us yesterday. Bolivia did us an insane solid.

Issue is our next 4 games !!! Haha these were probably our most accessible. Where we could have gotten a decent cushion for the rest of the games.

i wanted 6/6 we got 0/6. Both teams beat us by Barely playing. Our Mf and defense was so bad both times that they basically assisted most of the goals

the coach switched 4 players before half time to fix the situation and it was somehow worse. He has 0 idea what he is doing

14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    To me, Barrios should be the captain. He is the only one who plays with balls and can demand the same for the rest

ryu79, villus, kromekote and 2 others repped this.
  15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Barrios seems to be a quiet leader with his play and actions.
    He does not seem to be a demonstrative vocal leader or guy who gets people organized.
    I do not know how he is in the locker room either.
    And as Crzd has pointed out sometimes he loses his cool in key situations.

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    honestly the only person that put any effort was Duvan. He got us that PK by himself.

the coach doesn't have the balls to bench James or Cuadrado and going to cost him. Losing so many points to a direct rival will make him or a new coach take less risk as well.

18. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Honestly Barrios has been a god damn soldier every game he's played for us and on top of that he's really really good at his position and really doesn't have any real exploitable weaknesses. Breaks up play really well, reads the game really well, very good in possession and rarely coughs it up and that type of player just makes everyone around them better, which is why that's the most insane thing to not play him. James and Barrios for me are the clearest starters along with Ospina Davinson, Mina and Duvan and without Barrios our midfield has looked completely shambles.

Also when he got subbed off he didn't bitch or make a wtf are you doing face which honestly was fully warranted, he took the sub and jogged off against Uruguay when many players would get real pissed.

19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The fact is , Queiroz has been wanting to move away from him for some reason. He is arguably our most important player

20. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    SMH at more people not repping this like we don't all know who this is

sidspaceman, Doogs and Furnaccio repped this.
  21. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Guys... Just heard from a decent source that Osorio Will be our new manager, because they're looking for a Colombian one. Out of all the Colombian coaches I would have preferred anyone but him. We are doomed.

J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope your source is wrong. Please

Azucarero repped this.
  23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    With Osorio we’ll beat Brasil, then lose to Paraguay and Bolivia. He will play Lerma as CB, Diaz as LB, Cuadrado as DM, James as Winger and Duvan as 10. He will try some keeper from 2nd division too.

He will finally find the ideal lineup around November 2021.

24. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    And then switch it up totally a month later. Honestly hiring Osorio would be so stupid, the guy has shown he's a massive wild card, we have a good squad we don't need to gamble on this dude. Absolutely we should see if Rueda would quit, would be insane not to at least inquire.

Azucarero and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    *pretends to be shocked*