WCQ 2022 - Colombia vs Ecuador (October 14th)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by HomietheClown, Oct 11, 2021.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It is set up for us to win and get third place.

We must go out there and do what we usually do against Ecuador at home. Beat them and send them home with zero points and zero confidence.

lvbeto, ryu79 and dapip repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    we should play very similar as we play against chile

-------------------Ospina-------------

--Cuadrado-Cuesta-Mina--Mojica

----------- Uribe-- Barrios-------

Borre-------Quintero-------Diaz

----------------Falcao---------------

Actually i prefere tesillo over mojica...but i imagine that rueda is happy with mojica form

J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

Ecuador is back to its typical form with picking up as many points as they can at home. But when you look at their visiting record, I'm not so impressed:

5 outings. With 1 win (vs Bolivia : 2-3 Ecuador) win and 4 losses. In those 4 losses, only 1 goal scored away. 16/20 GF have been at home.

Clearly, it's a winnable game vs a winnable team. Let's hope Rueda has this one figured out.

J-Mezzy and krass repped this.
  4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I never want to see Borre ever

5. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I’d switch Mojica for Tesillo. Mojica has played admirably. He has some hiccups but what he adds over Tesillo is night/day. I am also sick of strikers being used as wingers. Borre/Roger do not add anything to that right side. If you’re going to play 4-3-3 then use proper wingers. I’d change Borre for Sinisterra to add width and speed.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I must be watching a different sport if people can watch the last two games and think that we should start Falcao.

kromekote, RafaLarios, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #7 HomietheClown, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Rueda is probably going to play (almost) a whole new lineup just to surprise Ecuador:

My guess would be:
    *Edit , I forgot Cuads.

--Munoz-----Mina--Davinson---Tesillo

----------- Cuellar-- Balanta-------

Cuadrado-------Quintero-------Sinisterra

----------------Duvan---------------

8. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008

--Cuadrado-----Mina--Cuesta---Mojica

----------- Munoz-- Barrios-------

Sinisterra-------Quintero-------Diaz

----------------Duvan-------------

Cuadrado is nailed on in some position and in games like this RB is great, Cuesta is playing too well and just too good on the ball, its a blessing that Rueda was forced into starting him last round of games, crazy that he never gave him a chance during Copa America. I'd like to see Munoz playing but it'll be Uribe I'm sure, we should be going out to attack as much as possible so Mojica seems like the easy choice for this game. I doubt we'll see Sinisterra and we'll probably get Cuadrado at RW but one can hope.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Ecuador has good wingers. I am not sure Rueda wants Cuads defending the flanks as a main responsibility. I think it is more likely we see Munoz finally get a chance at RB again.

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    As for Cuesta , I think he has played well. But good enough to start 3 matches in 7 days?
    I don't think Davinson flew all the way from England with strict quarantine rules to be used in no minutes/ or a few minutes in one match. I think he starts.

11. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think you got other priorities.

FB_IMG_1633967812896.jpg

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    that happen when you are more duvan zapata fc fan...than colombian national team fan...

isnt coherent, being so intolerate with rueda lined up falcao in two matches.....but so tolerating the 14 previous matches of duvan between cup and wcq...that he didnt produce NOTHING!!..

you should support what you want but NT is more than a 30 years guy that is frightened with nt jersey.

Falcao is more in form than duvan at leats at the beggining of season...he made great his rol to wear of defends in last two matches.....

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How about neither?

both showed different things in both games. Falcao almost scored tho with a foul. He did great with some build up play the few times he got the ball.

just Borre fking sucks!!!

midfield in all games under Rueda has been insanely suspect. Creates nothing. Falcao not shooting or Zapata when In 90 minutes we create 2 chances for them
    Is pretty bad.

Or back to the Bolillo way of don’t shoot walk the ball into goal with some nice hot potato action

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Borre isnt playing bad neither, actually since he entered by roger the team improved...understand a lot of the team to pivot and to tactical....

last two matchees were so difficult to create options for all forawrds in field.

absolutley the forawrd the had the clearest option was duvan and he decided terribly bad...but the problem is that i dont forget that this no impact for the national have been for more than 10 matches since june..........in occasions he just played so bad like argie games, that he was so easy to handled and so easy to get a yellow....or venezuela match that he also decided bad.

Isnt duvan fc

15. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    just wondering why we haven't ever seen Duvan/Falcao at the same time?

it's only happened once - during the 2018 WCQ when we faced Peru in the final WCQ.

If colombia wants to get an early lead, i think this lineup could do a great job of holding possession without having to rely on heavy deep passes and individual runs.

Duvan
    Lucho-Quintero-Sinisterra
    Barrios-Uribe
    Mojica-Cuesta-Mina-Cuadrado
    Ospina

and then we can sub in guys like Roger (Quintero) Medina (Sinister) Cuellar (Uribe) Falcao (Duvan) Balanta (Barrios) to keep the lead and win 3-0 or 3-1

16. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Wore out defenders with what? He's a gift to defend against, he's not gonna dribble you, he's not gonna hold you off, he can't make a run behind you, he was completely a non factor and Uruguay and Brazil's defense were able to press up with impunity and play a high line with no threat from Falcao. Seems like you are cheering for Falcao FC. Falcao only plays because he was a star so its pretty funny that you are pining for the guy who's been a corpse for us in two straight games. No top clubs would touch Falcao when he was leaving Monaco, he went to Gala and lost his starting job and was offered to 9 La Liga teams and was picked up by one. We don't have to play Duvan, I'm fine with that, just don't play Falcao who disappears in games and has us playing down a man.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    #17 villus, Oct 11, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Nah its Borre and Falcao FC apparently, guys who between the two have 3 shots between them over 3 games and none of them on net. I can't imagine watching Borre and Falcao over these last 3 games and thinking they should be starting? The biggest contribution they made was Borre missing a ball that ended up an assist.

Actually we can go back further for Borre Paraguay WCQ he started 1 shot not on target, Argentina Copa he started 0 shots. Uruguay he started 1 shot not on target.

So between the two of them we have 5 shots with 0 on target over 6 games often playing with a two forward system where these guys aren't isolated. idk who's worse here, Rueda or Falcao and Borre. I'll give Borre credit though, he does a lot of other stuff so his lack off offensive productivity comes with hard work off the ball and the ability to drop and win some balls and is solid setting others up so he gets credit there, but he loses points for the worst miss I've seen in the NT in the double chance he missed against Chile.

18. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Falcao shouldn't start this game. I love him but stop with the starts.

kromekote, J-Mezzy and villus repped this.
  19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He run and distract defenders that actully respected him, more than your beloved duvan that cant struggle during 15 continued games and have been so easy to get out of the game..(with all kind of opponents, inlcuding "weaks")......not all wear up should touch the ball and beign predictable.....yesterday in staidum all the public recognized the match and earned a big applaused,......

for me falcao can be out of called ups since long time ago...but is funny how the guy that more suffered because these two matches with falcao try to show how duvan make impact (despite the evident )and ask comprhension with zapata that have been in debt for more than 15 matches (no exxageration)....at least both deserve the same chances with this coach.

If u ask me falcao or duvan...i will choose falcao in this moment......i would also use borre or roger over falcao....so im not team falcao fc: he have started in difficult matches doing a tactical roll where colombia isnt having volume creation.......agaisnt a easier opponent like ecuador maybe he can produce more.......duvan for me in this moment beyoond his bad luck i think he is being predictable and slow with atalanta.

ps: yeah we know that you suffered that falcao scored and have good days in spain...you dislike a lot of his game....but at least use the same rule to measue the bad game of others with him....that duvan tolerate of 15 mhorrible matches vs falcao 2 matches with our most difficult historic opponents in the region.....is ridiculous.

accept you dislike falcao, but to try in every thread and post tthat he sucks when he have been in form to prove somthing is exhausting...even when he scored in rayo.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    and the service they are receving?.......that only tell me that are not getting proper chances.....maybe with weaker rivals and in matches colombian will atack they will have more chances....because the relaity is that matches you named where matches we struggled to attack fine..............i want to see them agasint peru venezuela ecuador...matches that duvan already failed and struggled for example.

21. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    5 shots over 6 games, talk all the trash you want about Duvan but we have two forwards who for the last two years have been terrorizing teams at a champions league level and that's Duvan and Muriel. The only people who are close to that are Sinisterra and Diaz this last year but they're purely wide forwards. Falcao lost his starting spot at Galatasaaray and we are seeing why every time he plays for us. Our managers need to get the best out of our players and I'd bet on the guys showing week in and week out they can compete at the top level, our managers need to find ways to maximize guys who have it in them and show it consistently and we are getting reactionary player choices that isn't generating any offense in every game we've played under Rueda.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Oh so its the service they are getting but not the service that Duvan was getting? Chile Borre was horrible and we had chance after chance against a weak team and Borre couldn't control a ball. Paraguay he started and we put up 20 shots and he wasn't really effective. Two times against Brazil Falcao completely blew his touch when he could have created a chance, I'm sorry I love Falcao for who he's been but if you're 35 y/o Falcao and you can't get the ball under control in those easy spots without much pressure you can't play heavy minutes simple as that.

If somebody has video editing skills and can put together Falcao's whole game the last two game I'd pay them for that just so we can see what I'm talking about.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    falcao leaving gala was more related with his salaray issue and how little he played because injured..but his numbers there in relating gams played was very good...with different type of goals and danger...not only poaching...

Muriel is the one that have scored more than 20 goals per season...that costume of the forum to hype duvan numbers to muriels is so weird....muriel is the one that have scored more than 20 goals per season...duvan is in his 13, 14, except his frist season in atalant.......sadly muriel havent recived all the chances of duvan as 9 in NT....and at this moment duvan isnt being sharp...maybe in middle season he will be in better form...in this moment he is being slow and predictable...

duvan is 30 years...we cant have patiente to him like a 22 year lod striker...he isnt...at his age falcao was already old colombia times scorer

1. duvan just have started much more matches with rueda like 10 more. and with different kind of teams, ecuador, peru, argentina, venezuela...so yeah actually is documented that he have had a lot chances and bad decision and definition.....also the matches agsint argentina that he have to be changed in order to colombia save from a red card because the defenders were dominating he so easy........yeah that details that you don like to remember of duvan happened.....

2. borre missed against chile was horrible, but to say his macth was horrible when he actually create colombia scecond goal is ridculous....he played very good and made very good chemistry with borja, and distrivuting with quintero and mifielders...

3. about the video editing skills of falcao, that you are asking...it shows how you struggled to see the impact of player beyond of what do when they touch the ball.....for example how defenders can wear off with him more than duvan that is so big but if he is predicatable will be easy...

24. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I don't know if you've ever played soccer but playing agasint a guy like Falcao doesn't wear anyone down. He can't even catch up to a through ball, he can't make a run that puts defenders into a decision because he has no break away speed and he's not going to take you wide into an area 1v1 like Roger or Duvan would. I want the videos to show where Falcao was just running beside Roger and where his pressure achieved nothing, the Brazilian defense for the majority of that game was completely relaxed and passing out and wasn't worried about Falcao getting behind them. When Roger makes that turn and is running into the final third you want a striker to be pulling away the defenders wide with a run or playing right on the line for a through ball, Falcao couldn't do either so he ran beside and didn't threaten Brazil at all with a run. You think that Falcao wore them out when in actuality the Tite saw the threat of Duvan off the bench so he had to make a sub to counter us bringing him on with Thiago.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah i have played and also have played rueda. Maybe the one that have a limited vision of how football works is you,....im not pointing you that you dont know football or soemthing similar to attack your points....but PLEASE RESPECT OTHER POINT OF VIEWS...first you start saying that im not watching the same sport, now you are pointing me that i have never played football.....stop friend.

if your argument is to disqualify me or to say me that im not entitled only because i say an opinion that isnt good for you.....

from Falcao in the last minute he played he almost forced a mistake to alisson and brasil defenders..the guy is tireless.....

"tite saw the threat of duvan"....so you talked with him.....and duvan wored of the defenders of brasil in 5 minutes.

Your bias to zapata and doble rule measure zapata with falcao is so funny.....with 15 matches of zapata struggling is so evident.